[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1699795366075588.jpg (30 KB, 537x525)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Does it make sense to run a Gymday-Cardio-Gymday-Cardio and so on routine without real restdays? My Cardio is pretty light i just grab a backpack put a 10kg weight in it and go hike for an hour or two in the forest. Not having any sleeping problems or feeling overworked desu but i was wondering if it would make more sense to add a restday once a week or so for better gains
>>
File: IMG_0062.png (212 KB, 569x428)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
Depends on what are you aiming in terms of lifting. If it’s just some endurance or getting “toned” that wouldn’t be a problem. But if wanna get jacked or strong even that “light backpacking” it’s gonna tax you eventually.
>>
I'd look into hybrid training if that's the route you want to take. However, for aesthetics or strength, simply doing lower-intensity cardio every day alongside a regular program should be sufficient to cover work capacity and general health.
>>
>>74785243
Just getting back into the gym after not doing much for like a year because of job so my goal was to put on some musle while also getting bodyfat a bit down, some of both if that even makes sense, maybe going for the bulk towards winter, i just noticed that when i do two consecutive gym days i get pretty bad insomnia
>>74785264
For now yeah i guess, you mean like lower the intensity of cardio and do it everyday?
>>
>>74785236
A lot of this hinges on what your workouts out are like.
3.5/week (every other day) is a bit high for fullbody frequency if you're not a novice. I think 2 a week either as fullbodies, or whatever split is about optimal if you can actually get the work you need in those days. You need "rest days" as much as just less lifting days.
>>
>>74785293
>For now yeah i guess, you mean like lower the intensity of cardio and do it everyday?
depends on how much you walk normally. trying for 8k+ steps a day is a good goal.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.