[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 14.png (84 KB, 512x366)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
If you've been lifting weights for 20+ years?

I'm 37, been lifting sine I was 15. I've been tracking my macros for a bout 10 years now, and I eat around 100-200 grams of sugar everyday

All my blood work is normal

Everyone (non-lifters) keeps saying to me
>"woah u eat so much sugar, how are you not fat & diabetic"

Im wondering, if you've always had an active lifestyle, and have muscle built over 20+ years training, does sugar intake actually matter?
>>
>>74843709
As long as you're active and maintain a healthy body fat level then it doesn't matter.
Sounds to me that your body uses all that sugar.
>>
Yeah sugar can be fine if you're active.

Personally i avoid day to day sugar consumption due to the lack of vitamins, fibre, etc per calorie. However when i go on a long bike ride or hike i will work my way through a bag of sweets or a pack of biscuits or whatever. I've tried the same with more complex carbs or fatty stuff but it really does not hit the spot, and sometimes makes me feel heavy, or like I want to stop and rest rather than carry on. Multi day hikes are different though; sugar coated nuts are good there; fast energy from the sugar, slow burn fat from the nuts. Anyway, yeah, sugar isn't the devil, but like all things, its context and quantity dependent.
>>
>>74843709
You never got fat, that's why. Never ever get fat and by fat I mean fat. Like developing the pear shape with bitch tits as a guy, not some bulk gut.
>>
So whats all this stuff on YouTube Podcasts that talk about sugar saying it causes all kinds of issues

Are they talking about sedentary normies? does this include autistic bodybuilders?
>>
>>74843709
I work with a guy that fucking chugs soda and candy all day he is 35 I have no idea how he is alive
>>
>>74843709
post body and I'll tell you.
>>
>>74843709
I think the problem with sugar is that it’s mostly empty calories but that’s not really an issue if you are physically active. It’s only a problem when you do nothing all day and should get your vitamins in while not getting over your calories. Basically it’s not a problem when you use them which you apparently do. It could only become a problem when you can’t be so active anymore because you hit 60 or so and can’t drop the eating habits then but who gives a fuck
>>
>>74843823
>stuff on YouTube Podcasts
these people are out to build and retain an audience. the bigger their audience, the more attentive they are, the more money they can make from sponsors, advertisers etc. as this is their primary aim, they're motivated to be melodramatic, cherry pick data, and over emphasise benefits/negatives to suit their sponsorships and audience biases.
>>
>>74843823
>all kinds of issues
You can have a lot of issues if you get candida overgrowth. Acne, for example. Whenever I sugar-maxxed I got some kind of dishydric dermatitis on my hands. Just have to balance your gut microbiome somehow.
>>
>>74844587
>>74844521
I eat 50g of milk chocolate before every workout. Fast digesting sugars make my lifting sessions so much better.

Ive min-maxed nutrition before lifting to be chocolate

Came to that conclusion that it works well because

>very low volume in the stomach
>high calorie
>high carb/sugar
>digests really quickly
>makes pump better
>feel stronger

Chocolate is literally the best pre-workout. Retards have huge high volume meals like bread, fruit, etc idk how the fuck people workout with that stuff in their gut
>>
>>74843709
Sugar causes glycation and oxidative stress so yea. It's always unhealthy.
>>74844632
Raw liver with honey is the best pre workout
>>
>>74844661
>Sugar causes glycation and oxidative stress so yea.

So why does glycation and oxidative stress feel so good and make me so energetic and powerful?
>>
File: Ketoschizo.png (149 KB, 1635x854)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>>74844661
>>
>>74844661
you know what else causes oxidative stress and ages the body? breathing oxygen
>>
>>74844675
Doesn't meth and crack do that? Your a drug addict.
>>74844678
But that's unavoidable. You should avoid unnecessary stress. Plus oxygen doesn't cause glycation like sugar.
>Advanced glycation end products (AGEs) are proteins or lipids that become glycated as a result of exposure to sugars. They are a bio-marker implicated in aging and the development, or worsening, of many degenerative diseases, such as diabetes, atherosclerosis, chronic kidney disease, and Alzheimer's disease
>>
>>74843709
The only things I'd be concerned about is maybe insulin response over time being impacted, especially middle/late age and perhaps the inflammation and other possible issues from grazing on a lot of sugar through the day. You're keeping on top of the calories, etc. though.
>>
>>74844695
>Doesn't meth and crack do that? Your a drug addict.

Im 37 and look 27

Meth addicts who are 37 look 57
>>
>>74844695
Meth and Crack do not make you feel good. They make you feel euphoric, yes, but also scatter brained, jittery, twitchy, and insane.
>>
>>74843709
it could. your anecdote of 1 is not enough to formulate a forever fact.
a lot of people dont have diabetes until they have diabetes.

you make the judgement call yourself. i personally dont think its good to live in fear and avoiding everything just because. i react and adapt when i have to.

i dont know why you made this thread though as 100-200g of sugar per day is very little.
>>
>>74844632
Milk chocolate is not fast digesting sugars retard. It's mostly fat and relatively low carb. It is literally classified as low glycemic index. You havent min maxed anything because you literally dont even understand what you are doing.
>>
it matters because insulin makes you fat. that's why even diet sodas can be bad for you, since aspartame increases insulin. insulin index and glycemic index are 2 separate things.
>>
>>74844806
>low carb
You're a retarded cunt lmao
>>
>>74844820
It doesn't make you fat. Im very lean. I track macros everyday, and I know my total calories to the T.

Calorie surplus is what makes you gain fat, not Insulin.

Ive got 20+ years lifting and fucking with nutrition and figured that out by experience.

What is your knowledge/experience? Some random "Doctor" on some YouTube podcast? kek
>>
>>74844834
>What is your knowledge/experience?
I read it form The Obesity Code book. It has extensive references to studies.
>>
>>74844740
>They make you feel euphoric, yes, but also scatter brained, jittery, twitchy, and insane.
Sounds like sugar.
>>
>>74845155
Okay you trust the experts spamming you with 10,000 different bits of pointless information to paralyze you from ever making any progress, while I stay shredded tracking my macros & total calorie intake
>>
>>74843709
If your bloodwork is fine and you feel fine, some sugar isn't going to hurt you any no matter what the retards here say.
I made my best fat loss progress eating tons of sugar on Friday nights, because it was my recarb, and I stuck to my diet 100% the rest of the week. First time I had visible abs in my life. And some faggots will insist it isn't possible because /fit/ is 99% made up of teenagers who regurgitate retardation from e-celebs who push clickbait.
If you're enjoying it, OP, do as you wish.
>>
>>74845155
>I read a meme book and therefore I know how everything works! And (((studies))) prove everything even if other (((studies))) disprove it because this book is my new bible and I cannot question it!
Jesus, kid, you have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>74845289
Based take.
>>
>>74844632
The sugars in milk chocolate aren't fast digesting.
>>
>>74843709
Sugar blocks your arteries.
As long as you're active, it's fine but how tf are you even consuming that much sugar? Like holy fuck
>>
>>74843709
You probably have metabolic disease/type 2 diabeties, but that's pretty normal for a middle-aged modern westerner.
>But muh doctor said my bloodwork was fine!
You didn't get the right test, as it's not standard.
/Thread
>>
When you say "sugar" what do you mean:

1) snickers bar? Snickers bar is more than just sugar

2) Apple? Apple is more than just sugar

3) Chcolate cake? Chcolate cake is more than just sugar.

4) Spoonful of sugar scooped from 5 pound bag?

5) Coca cola made with high fructose corn syrup? High fructose is sugar.

6) Skim milk - skim milk has lots of lactose - sugar - in it.

It matters. Im not just being technical. I cook and make some Chines style orange chicken at home. All home made with chicken thighs, rice and vegetables. I add a lot of pure cane sugar - the white granulated shit people put in coffee. I eat a lot of it, it tastes great, I stay omn track and I get leaner.

Homememade foods made with suagr are one thing. Sotre bught, processed goyslop full of sweeterns is another. Eat the home made shit, using a little sugar from the 5 pound bag if you want. Dont eat store bought, processed goyslop full of sugar, salt and fat and hyper-palatability.
>>
File: Fat.jpg (64 KB, 965x564)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>74843709
>Im wondering, if you've always had an active lifestyle, and have muscle built over 20+ years training, does sugar intake actually matter?
Even table sugar is healthy; sugar is an antioxidant (dimwits and midwits ignore this). If you're sedentary that just means you're less likely to tolerate more.

>>74843823
They're myopic. For instance, they don't mention fructose doesn't necessarily cause fatty liver (image related).
>>
The mental gymnastics in this thread rationalizing consuming empty calories.

If you plan your pre workouts a little better you can cut sugar from your diet entirely and feel healthier and more energized in your daily life. The sooner you cut caffeine and sugar, the easier your middle-aged life will be.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.