[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1723502710579389.jpg (68 KB, 552x850)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
any ways to relieve "tendinitis" and general soreness in the forearms?
I w*rk as a chef so I'm always using my hands for 10+ hours a day but I love to draw during the little free time I get
sadly my hands and tendons are too strained from work so after not even a 20 minute drawing session my hands get a cramp and I can't keep grasping the pen and having precise lines
what do?
massages don't seem to work so far
pic unrelated although it is literally le me
>>
Get sunlight
>>
>>75021471
how so?
>>
I can confirm this is literally him.

Might seem dumb but might stretching and using your hands in a more gentle way at work be feasible?
>>
>>75021491
Go outside
>>
it might be a potassium deficiency
>>
>how do i fix my overuse problems? btw i will continue to overuse them!
>>
>>75021424
You have to strengthen your tendons by stretching, but that takes time and you'll have to do it every day consistently for it to fix the problem. But before you can start doing that you're going to have to stop overusing them.
>>
For my wrist/forearm issues, it was strengthening the entire forearm. Stretching and massaging provided temporary relief but don't prevent the problem.
Making sure I was training all movements of the forearm; wrist deviation, pronation, flexion, extension and grip, really helped my pain. It's not gone, but not bad enough anymore to prevent me from doing things
>>
There's a blogspot you can google ''overcoming tendonitis". It's basically about load management and careful strengthening in very long term timespans.
You probably overuse the grab muscles so you need to train the opposite with slow reverse wrist curls and finger extensor work
>>
>>75021424
Don't lift the wok. You rock it across the burner some part of the wok should always be supported by the burner edge. When you pour from a wok use both hands on the handle. This will prevent a lot of wrist strain.
>>
File: 1642558154774.gif (381 KB, 220x100)
381 KB
381 KB GIF
>>75022443
it's not really the pan stuff that tires out my arm
it's all the precise knife cuts and using spatulas that make galettes(salty garnished crêpes) all day
>>75022358
>>75022410
I see
ill add the stretches to my routine
thx
>>
>>75022458
It might not be the tendons it could just be the ulnar nerve then. Where it passes through the wrist is a really small gap and if you pull or pinch the nerve wrong it can cause near constant pain in the hand and forearm.

Most of this stuff falls under the umbrella of "alternative medicine" and it's associated quackery but nerve glides can and myofascial release using a roller or ball can be useful. Using a ricebucket method is probably the most proven for strengthening extensors and balancing the hand and forearms extensors:flexors disparity which prevents or heals some injuries.
>>
>>75021424
Are you sure it's tendinitis and you aren't get carpal tunnel? Do you ever wake up from your hands being asleep
>>
>>75021424
Vasodilators. The main reasons tendons have trouble recovering and healing is low blood flow. Combined with inflammation they take forever to recover. Take beta-alanine every day twice a day. Consider eating a low inflammation diet. Eat a lot of garlic as it is a natural blood thinner and anti-inflammatory.
>>
the stretches and stuff recommended here are good, another thing that helped me big time was being aware of my elbow and hand placement during day to day activities. when you bend your wrist up you are stretching the tendons in from your elbow/forearm. try to minimize this when using your phone or reading a book, just generally being aware of your hand and elbow placement and minimizing compromising positions can prevent wear and tear on the tendons
>>
>>75021424
https://youtu.be/AtzkD7k6_QU?si=gZlLHvx-3gyDJmFW

Maybe give this one a go.
If you're using all of the other functions of your hands and wrists more it might balance out.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.