[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ankle.png (1.56 MB, 1534x1828)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>sprain ankle badly (torn ligaments, a small fracture)
>dont really do anything about it for like 8 months until finally i decide to do something, even though my ankle is pretty okay on most days, i've got bigger problems in my low back from the muscle imbalance that happened with my bad gait from the ankle
>buy a pretty decent ankle brace(pic rel exact model)
>wear it today
>ankle hurts much much worse

?
>>
torn ligaments and tendons don't heal themselves . we're not doctors.
all fields
>>
>>75125621
>break bones and tear ligaments
>do nothing for 8 months
I dislike doctors as much as the next guy but Jesus christ my dude. That shit needs to be fixed with surgery before you start physical therapy. A partial tear can be fixed at home, but if the tear is complete it won't magically attach itself again. Not to mention the broken bone, who knows what damage you've done walking around on a fractured ankle for almost a year. Go to the doctor asap and cross your fingers you haven't fucked up too bad.
>>
>>75125621
get shockwave therapy. the soft tissue injuries hurt because you are impinging on them

you fucked up by not seeking immediate treatment. this is life-changing.
>>
>>75125621
I had the same injury and doctors screwed plates into my bones.. Apparently to keep me from having arthritis for the rest of my life. I'm in a cast right now
>>
File: 943.png (106 KB, 304x360)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>75125621
how exactly did early humans escape extinction if a few torn ligaments/tiny fractures incapacitated us this badly
>>
>>75125621
>>sprain ankle badly (torn ligaments, a small fracture)
That's a break, retard.
>>
File: 1723211689514621.jpg (142 KB, 820x627)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>75128188
Simple, most of them didn't experience these kinds of injuries because they were in peak physical health, and the ones that did most likely died off. People nowadays are way more prone to injuries because of: nutritional deficiencies; muscle imbalances caused by sitting in chairs and car seats and other similar unnatural movement patterns; industrial toxins in the air, water, and food further weakening the body; lack of sunlight causing a cascade of hormonal and mechanical problems; and probably some other shit that's slipping my mind at the moment.

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
>>
>>75128188
What the other guy said, plus the human body can push through a lot of pain when the alternative is being banished from the tribe, i.e. death.
>>
>>75125774
I’m a doctor. I have a PHD … permanently herniated disc
>>
>>75125621
you tore ligaments? why did you "do nothing about it" when you couldn't even put your foot on the ground for 2 months?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.