[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Never seen a swimming thread on here? No anons go for the peak low impact cardio option?

Swam 1000m in 20, 10, 10 blocks (25m pool).

What's recovery time? Like cardio? Like strength?
>>
>>75127426
I like swimming. I swam for about hour last week and did a lot of laps. I felt good after.
>>
>>75127625
Managed only 4 lengths out of my 30 as front crawl, the rest was breast stroke.
>>
I'd love to do this if I had a fucking pool. Is there any option or solution to this?
>gym
I am not paying x amount a month just to dip my ass in a gym pool, also half the time old fucks take over all the lanes so it's a waste of fucking time
>>
>>75127776
Ocean
Lake
suffer
>>
>>75127776
Gym pool is fine. I book late slots and usually there's like 2-3 people in the same lane as me. And you can overtake if you're faster.

You're holding yourself back for no reason. Get swimming anon.
>>
>>75127426
enjoy getting pneumonia with your horizontal cardio. I'll stay rebounding on my trampoline for vertical cardio.
>>
>>75127426
Isn't swimming bad for you? The human skin acts like a sponge absorbing all the chemicals in the water
>>
>>75129291
>there's like 2-3 people in the same lane as me.
idk wtf gym you use but my gyms have 3-4 lanes and it's 1 person per lane.

Also again paying a gym membership ONLY for pool access sucks
>>
>>75127776
I go to the local University, they have a pool and it's usually completely empty during the day
>>
>>75127426
Don't really keep track of distance(I should) I just swim 55min 6 days a week. I started swimming like a year ago and was 330 pounds, now I'm 274. Still have another 30 pounds to lose. Starting to get really tone.

>What's recovery time?

If your new to swimming it's going to be rough. Make sure you eat some carbs
>>
>>75130881
Losing weight, I'm not eating the carbs till it's gone.

You swim solidly for 55mins?! I managed 15 mins without stopping and thought I was doing well.

>>75129755
I pay for gym and swim access. And they have like 6 lanes and each lane is wide enough for two people to swim side by side. So one side is for going and one for coming back. It works. Very occasionally I hold back to let someone get a gap, but it's not much at all.

>>75129332
Not at all. What chemicals are you talking about? Unless it's polluted water, it's fine.

>>75129304
I don't even know where to start
>>
Swooming is based, especially right after an upper body workout. Do that 2-3x/week and your arms/chest/back will blow up
>>
>>75131395
Swimming after a workout? I've been using it as a sole activity of the day?
>>
>>75127426
Did a mile ocean swim the other day, was really fun.
>>
>>75131630
Swimming in the ocean is hard as hell.
>>
>>75127426
I'm 120lbs and I'm anxious of swimming because of my body. I used to swim consistently for a period in my teens.
>>
>>75131395
>>75131409
I miss the olympic pool at uni
>hour gym sesh followed immediately by hour swim
perfection
>>
bros I started swimming couple days ago. I'm mainly a runner but I have access to a half olympic pool basically everyday on the compound I live so I'm trying to practice and improve by myself.
I'm mainly doing freestyle swimming usually 1000m every session. I'm still trying to figure out my form and the proper hand position and leg kick.
Any tips for a very beginner? I'm averaging 1000m/42 minutes usually 4min/100m just really really easy swimming with little to no rest and when I'm like at 900m point I just do 50m as fast as I can
>>
>>75131879
I didn’t think so, guiding is really annoying to deal with but once you break the surf it’s really fun. I also recommend finding a bay since it’s usually way calmer.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.