[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What's your goto leg exercise? Need juicy calf muscles
>>
>>75128872
I have a friend who has actually walked on his toes all his life because his feet were born fucked and that was the best surgery could do for him and his calves are literal rectangles, this guy is a fraud
>>
>>75128872
just wear pants, no need to train legs. thats more of a woman thing. your focus should be on upper body.
>>
>>75128872
Can you train the muscle underneath the calf so it didn't look so disproportionate
>>
>>75128872
this skinny fat idiot claims to have been a former body builder and yet there are pics of him in his 20s~30s ranging from twig skinny, to actually obese, and now he's just skinny fat droopy. I guess he was a body builder when he was in his 10s or something. I also remember he has said on record that because he lifted weights 20 years ago, he still retains that muscle despite having never done any physical exercise again due to being too "busy" sitting in his room gaming all day.
>>
>>75128872
I'm 5'5 and 110lbs and have legs almost identical to this. massive cope.
>>
>>75128872
>Need juicy calf muscles
u are vetry lucky, i have found out what is wrong with rebular calf raises - it hurts behind knee when u try to do them
>yes, but there is no muscle there, just tendons, what is it?
i believe muscle tendon of gastrocnemius is kinked which precludes it from contracting properly because muscle fivers can't contract when poked by a stick
>what do?
turns out bending the knee and pushing it forward over toe and following with hip over knee and toe and doing calf raises in this body positioning alleviates the problem and it burns pleasantly warm right smack in the middle of gastrocnemius muscle belly
>woah, thx anon, u are the best
no problem, i do them unilaterally holding the wall and kicking other leg back but u will feel some stranfe pressure around groin area
>what is it?
it's the fucking psoas, u will have to stretch it anyways, u're all twisted and locked stiff in your excessive anterior tilt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvviyW1ZRaQ
>can i do your calf raises unilaterally with bent knee and hip pushed forward without stretching psoas?
u can, but it's good to focus on stretching it separately, u sit all day anyways
>>
File: 1725772391824548.png (1.22 MB, 1920x1080)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
Unironically be a marching band fag and go on +10 mile hikes with a scout troop. Your calves will rip through denim.
>>
>>75128952
There is no muscle underneath the calf. The calf is a group of muscles.
>>
>>75128872
sprint uphill
>>
>calf raises
>incline treadmill
>stairmaster
>jumprope
Enjoy your thick calves lad
>>
>>
>>75128872
Anything high rep will help them grow. Legs are built for endurance. Calf raise, squats, walking with weights, sprinting, deadlifts. They all work just do a fuck ton of them.
>>
>>75129466
Your mom is a calf. Gastrocnemius is superficial to soleus
>>
File: dsp.gif (566 KB, 162x227)
566 KB
566 KB GIF
>>75128963
Coping. Seething. Felted.
>>
>>75128872
I have a strange set up but it gives me crazy pump and grew my acual chicken legs to normal human ones. I do standing calf raises on stairs with dumbell in each hand and i support my head on the handrail where the staircase turns. I increase the weight when i can complete 25+ reps. 2 important factors for me are to hold the streched position and to complete the 5 last reps that feel like hell.
>>
squats, front squats, bss, lunges, cable hit thrusts

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.