[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2730.png (143 KB, 489x469)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
Any way to target lats with dumbbells until I’m thin enough to do pullups again.
>>
hey tubby wubby

watch scooby’s pull up video on how to do half reps
>>
Bent over single arm dumbbell rows. Pulling towards your hip and reaching a stretch at the bottom.
Also pull-up partials and negatives like other anon said
>>
>>75132757
Cross bench pullover
>>
>>75132788
>Bent over single arm dumbbell rows. Pulling towards your hip and reaching a stretch at the bottom.
This but it should be added to keep elbow against body. That way you hit the lat more than the traps and delts. (You can also do them with wide elbows to get those.)
>>
>>75132757
dumbell movements will NOT translate to pullup strength, try calisthenics regressions like top holds, negatives, bodyweight inverse rows etc, elastic band support is acceptable but not recommended due to it's resistance curve being inverse to the difficulty curve of the movement
>>
>>75132757
Genuinely and unironically just do negatives
You can still do dumbbell lat work but it wont translate into a pull up
Do pullovers and rows in addition to negatives
>>
>>75133511
>>75133286
Why would it not translate into pullup strength? A bigger lat is a stronger lat.
>>
>>75132757
>bent over dumbbell flies
>dumbbell rows
>romanian deadlift with dumbbells
>>
>>75133524
Because youre not training the motion or the stretch, numbnuts
Itll give you a stronger base to work with and spring from but wont train your pull ups directly
The best way to train a movement is doing the movement
A big leg press is not directly a big squat if you have never squatted before, even if your starting point will be higher off of raw strength
>>
>>75133596
The first time I was ever able to do pull ups, I had only done bodyweight inverted rows, renegade rows with 15 lb dumbbells, and I guess planks and L-sits probably helped my back a bit. Then one day I just tried it out and I was able to do a couple pull ups. I hadn't even tried to do a pull up since I was a grade schooler. So you absolutely can use other exercises to get to the point where you are at least able to do pull ups, and then doing more gets you better at it.
>>
>>75132757
Single arm rows and pullovers (elbows bent but in not flared, deep range of motion over the back of the bench and not continuing the rep up over the chest just stopping over the head) are my favorite dumbbell lat exercises. But pullup negatives and scap pulls will be more useful to getting to a pullup. Try putting your feet on a chair or plyo box in front of you if you don’t have bands.
>>
File: 1509550721647.png (182 KB, 314x330)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
I just use the doorframe and do static holds for mind muscle connection.
>>
>>75132757
buy rings
>rows/australian pullups / one arm rows
>pullup negatives
>assisted pullups with resistance bands
and then get less fat, calisthenics dudes are lean because all the excessive fat prevents you from doing the moves

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.