[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (580 KB, 1026x1200)
580 KB
580 KB PNG
>Research out of the University of Sydney showed that if you take 5g of creatine daily, you can lift your IQ by a full 15 points over a six-week period. Said study leader Caroline Rae, "Creatine gave a significant boost to brain power." Why? In part because it lifts the energy levels available for computation in your brain.

https://www.inc.com/melanie-curtin/7-scientifically-backed-ways-to-boost-your-iq-in-30-days-or-less.html
>>
>>75135835
>take creatine
>go bald
>realize how stupid it was to take
creatine
Makes sense
>>
>>75135835
>Results: Six studies (281 individuals) met our inclusion criteria. Generally, there was evidence that short term memory and intelligence/reasoning may be improved by creatine administration. Regarding other cognitive domains, such as long-term memory, spatial memory, memory scanning, attention, executive function, response inhibition, word fluency, reaction time and mental fatigue, the results were conflicting. Performance on cognitive tasks stayed unchanged in young individuals. Vegetarians responded better than meat-eaters in memory tasks but for other cognitive domains no differences were observed.
>>
>>75136148
>inclusion criteria.
All were proud black transvestite women
>>
Most of these tests with marginal changes fail to account that if a person does task A and then tries task A again (or very similar one) lqter, he will be better because he will know what is expected from him and thus focus more.
Much like if you take a school exam first time in life and the. You take school exam 2 later. 2 will be easier even if you never get smarter.

It is unpleasant thing studies avoid. They'd ideally have to put all their group under constant testing, deduce the level of how fast they become better at test. Then adminiister the drug unbeknownst to the subjects. Then measurable result compared to placebo and control groups can be obtained.
Ideally youd also allow all subjects so pllateau at the yest and then administer it again.

But it takes too much time and the lobbyists and the Bachelor's degree want their reaults fast. So they just do these sloppy 2 week tests, measure complete nonsense, adjust the result to fit their narrative and feel accomplished (or at least get paid).
>>
>Forty-five vegan or vegetarian subjects
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1691485/pdf/14561278.pdf
>>
>>75136104
Please direct me to the study where taking 5g of creatine a day caused increased DHT in males
>>
>>75136170
they account for this by having groups of people who did take creatine and other group who didn't, fucking brainlet
>>
>>75135835
i can try this out for a month, i have creatine and now get outplayed at chess by the stockfish level 4 computer 8 out of 10 times, let's see after a few weeks if i get better
>>
File: 1696308767870839.jpg (20 KB, 960x229)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>75136198
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (10 KB, 250x250)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>75136198
>implying directly raising DHT is the only thing that can lead to balding
>>
>take creatine
>can't sleep
Nah
>>
>>75136234
I assume this is another study you're talking about that found a link? Could you link that?
>>
>>75137609
Your assumption is incorrect i have no such link

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.