[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tabloidmaxxing.png (245 KB, 463x454)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
Does anyone remember a log on the starting strength forums about a bodybuilding game someone saw at gyms in his area? I remembered reading it in 2012 but I can't find it again.
Here's how it worked
>Each person playing makes a pot and everyone puts the same amount in. There's no player limit since it's free for all
>You and your opponents all go to a grocery store together and go straight for the tabloid magazine sections. Everyone has a certain amount of time (I think one hour) and a $60 limit. During this time, everyone goes through all the shitty tabloid magazines and looks for the ones with nutrition and workout tips. Once the time is up everyone buys the magazines they chose and goes home.
>at home, you have to choose 3 workouts and 3 recommended foods from articles in your magazines. The next day, those 3 workouts are the only workouts you can do, same applies to the food with eating. Each morning, you choose another 3 each and that adds on to your list. You do this for four days until you have 12 kinds of foods in your diet and 12 workout in your routine. Iirc the only drink allowed is water.
>That's the setup. From that point on, you can only eat those foods and do those workouts. You must do each workout once a week and eat each food once a week. That goes on for about one or two months. Usually an end date is sent before the game begins.
>The day before the end date is basically free day. For the entire day you're allowed to eat whatever you want and do whatever workouts you want. That's all that really happens.
>On the last day of the competition, everyone playing gets together in the same gym and the goal is just to set the highest bench weight. The pot goes to the winner and OP mentioned that usually everyone involved goes to dinner together after.
Does anyone else remember this? I'd usually say it was bullshit and move on but I remember it sounding so real and its bugged me forever.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.