[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Sam Hyde Boxing.jpg (17 KB, 474x266)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
When you're punching, do you always try to go as hard as you can monkey style? Or do you strike at like 50-75% punching power most of the time?
>>
>>75149513
In a street fight? End it as soon as possible. In a actual match? No you don't go 100% all the time because you'll tire out quicker. Plus there's set up punches and throw away punches you can use for points or to set up the knockout punch.
>>
>>75149520
Wouldn't you still be slow though in a streetfight? Assuming you're fighting someone with basic fighting skills and not some fat drunk guy.
>>
>>75149525
Most people who actually know how to fight avoid fighting.
>>
>>75149525
No, once you have untrained fighter on the defensive it's over for them. Anything they throw at that point will be a mistake.
>>
>>75149513
Pick your targets
A good jab can be like a hundred different things
>feeler
>timer
>blinder
>smother
>feint
>distraction
>stopper
>flicker
>double or treble
>dip
>power
And probably more
I haven't got into an actual street fight basically ever, but I have sparred under boxing, K1 and muay thai, and MMA rules
I do not believe that the average moron you might fight on muh streetz would be able to take even a half decent jab to the nose or teeth
>nose - it stings, his eyes well up with tears, maybe you break his nose and it hurts like fuck
>teeth - knock some loose, crack or break them
Learning proper posture and being able to take a shot properly is so so vital, and you can't do it without training
OP go to a fucking boxing gym instead of asking questions about street fights on /fit/
>>
>>75149513
I go for perfect form. Maximum cover, maximum "snap" and immediate return to the base position. Feels like it's well below 10% of my maximum strength, since there's just nothing to push against other han the weight of my fist, but delivers plenty of energy on impact.
As I got more used to striking with proper form, I also stopped making a difference between jabs and leading straights. The amount of movement you need in the shoulder and hip to deliver energy is so miniscule that you can do it every time without getting slower.
>>
>>75149513
50% light sparring is good for drilling technique imo, if you know kinetics you can make a guy back up for a bit with a timed cross to the solar plexus.
>>
>>75149596
>Heh, first thing I'd do as a trained badass fighter? I'd walk away bro.
>yeah haha *flexes* I may have spent years training, but trust be bro, you don't wanna learn, no one wants to fight *smuggly smirks*
>>
>>75149823
In most fight videos where it turns out someone has actual training, they're usually the guy who's less agitated and they aren't escalating.

This even extends to videos showing teenagers.
>>
>>75149513
Hi PaulTown
>>
>>75149823
there is nothing to be gained from fighting, win or lose, I get nothing, worst case scenario is I get beat up and slightly injured, best case scenario is wasting time, no benefits either way
>>
>>75150202
This. Imagine caring about some faggot enough to risk getting brain damage, or winning but maybe getting locked up...
>>
Idk I just see red and bodies start droppin

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.