[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1703317677899343.jpg (338 KB, 2048x1152)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
Abstinence edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For Eating Enthusiasts who are working towards a longer life and a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication. This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: https://www.fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read https://physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: https://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: https://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 0.72g per pound of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy diseased heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and lose fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body eating away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the /fit/ sticky: https://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of carbohydrates.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your carbohydrates(alcohol, soda, Starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gynecomastia & stretch marks: https://weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit Wiki: https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq

Previous thread: >>75257966
>>
File: 1721471498097.png (40 KB, 640x604)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
Confess.
>>
>>75268134
I put 4 extra slices of honey ham on my sandwich but still plugged in calories as if I hadn't.
>>
>>75268134
My wrist hurts and I used that as an excuse to postpone my Pull day until tomorrow. I’ve also been underreporting my chuck steak by about 10 calories.
>>
File: 1702015989991915.jpg (65 KB, 807x1075)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>75268134
I ate a bunch of cow tripe soup and it was fucking delicious. I hope it goes all towards big muscles.
>>
>>75268011
Overt necrophiliac duck got an "I love corpses" tattoo drawn on his torso. Hardcore.
But yes, abstain little duck. Abstain.

>>75268164
> I confess to eating healthy tasty things
First off, how dare you.
>>
pretty hungry but i've exhausted most of my low cal snacks
maybe a carrot or two is fine
>>
I’ve been losing around 3lbs per week and a total of 62lbs so far.
I haven’t seen any loose skin. Is the constant slow rate helping with that or is it just luck?
>>
File: 1708510427078671.jpg (330 KB, 2048x1150)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
>>
>>75268213
>slow rate
>3bls per week
huh?
that's not slow. in fact you probably can't go faster than that in a healthy way unless you're like 500 pounds or something
>>
>>75268221
Started at 390, at 6’1. I’m now walking 4 miles every day and doing upper body workouts every other day.
>>
where do these nun drawings come from
>>
>>75268288
It’s this tiktok nunnery that started an animal sanctuary. There’s a pretty large social media following. One of the nuns draws these for exposure.
>>
for halloween im dressing as a ghost and giving my wife a high protein ghost goo facial
>>
File: 1635278433649.jpg (92 KB, 1000x1000)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>75268319
Based
>>
>>75268134
I ate a reeses pumpkin and didn't record it cause it would have put me over my daily limit by 50 calories
>>
I look down on fatties.
>>
>>75268134
I don't count calories
>>
>>75268319
Based.
>>
DO NOT EAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz40vwcTGFo
>>
Got horribly sick, raging sore throat, coughing up a lung, skull bursting headache. Writhe in agony for days praying for death. Weigh myself today, lost 10lbs. Everything worked out better than expected. Take the flupill bros, it's the magic weight loss trick.
>>
>>75268134
Truly could not be bothered with counting calories and dieting today.

I’ve been steadily losing 1.1lbs a week but I’m so tired bros. I have 7lbs left to lose and just want it over and done with. Eating clean and constantly thinking about my protein goal is exhausting

Over ate my calorie goal by 60 cal today - my first time over in the last month. Literally was eating ice cream almost spitefully. Wasn’t even that yummy.

I’m worried about the weekend, gonna have to refocus and hold steadfast because I’m feeling challenged
>>
>>75268950
Something similar happened to me once.
>go to water park
>don’t know how to swim but am pretty tall
>go on pool with waves that goes around large part of park
>don’t drown but drink like two gallons of pool water
>go home
>wake up and throw up
>sit back down, move slightly, and have to run to throw up again
>for the next two days do nothing but sit on a couch (so I could run to the bathroom faster) and avoid moving since the slightest movement would make me throw up
>got so bad, I once ran to the bathroom and just dry heaved for several minutes
>after two days of just sipping on water, I ended up losing around 15lbs
>>
>>75268885
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY7ri3cUdtw
>>
>>75268989
>7 lbs left to lose (24,500 calories)
>At your rate it's 44-45 days
Then just increase the deficit from 550 to 1200 calories for 3 weeks and you'll get there in less than half the time.
>>
Never tracked my food before, but I think I've discovered the source of my problems. Despite eating healthier it's still too much fat intake I guess... Too much dairy probably... Need more meat
>>
For breakfast I've been slicing up a banana into a small bowl of cottage cheese. But I feel like it needs just a little something more. Any ideas?
>>
>>75268134
Had to meet family visiting from out of town for dinner. Ate 4 tacos (all had guacamole and cheese), UK style massive ones too not those tiny Mexican ones. Also had a modelo… probably 1800 calories in that meal alone. Plus 240 from my protein shake earlier… probably I fucked my deficit for today. Ran 9k earlier as I knew I was going out as premature penance. Worst thing about it is I’m not even full. Need a big amount of veggies these days :(
>>
>>75268134
my parents surprised me this morning with a venti pumpkin spice latte from starbucks
500 calories
gone before noon
>>
>>75269092
Add pistachios
>>
>>75268989
Same but 12lb/5kg left. people that know me say I should stop now. decided to lean into the difficulty and increase it. Had a holiday where I ate intuitively but mindfully and didn’t gain any weight, it was good for mental health I recommend it. But I didn’t skip any workouts. Since then been extra strict: cut out my morning flat white, only espresso now. Added some more cardio. Going to failure on every set. Started taking pre workout before lifting. Drinking more water. Realised that even though losing the last 5kg might take a lot of time, that time is going to pass anyway.
>>
>>75268134
On thanksgiving I'm gonna eat until I'm completely full
>>
>>75268134
I made eggs with old turkey lunch meat and it tasted gross so I put fat free ranch on it to make it edible but I didn't weigh it out and only logged it as 1 serving when it was probably more like 1.5-2.5 servings
>>
>>75268134
I made a bunch of bread with butter recently and even though I'm still plenty under TDEE I feel guilty for eating it
>>
>>75269092
2 eggs on the side
>>
How far would a walk need to be for it to be worthwhile doing?
>>
>>75269264
It's always worthwhile
>>
>>75269168
I did that last year and got really constipated. Was only eating around 1900 calories a day at the time then suddenly ate a ton on Thanksgiving. Felt kinda sick and had to nap. Fasted the next day and was still full. Going to eat less this year since I've only been eating 1500 calories per day
>>
File: 20241010_163215.jpg (2.15 MB, 4080x3060)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
I know I eat like a fucking toddler but is this really only 200 calories? I put it all into my fitness pal. How does two tablespoons of peanut butter equal the same amount of food?
>>
Weight has been going down steadily since cutting back on sodium and increasing water intake. I was brining my chicken in salt water then adding salt as one of the seasonings before I grilled it, then adding lite onions sauce when I reheated it. I wasn't logging the lite onions sauce since it was only 10-20 calories but the sodium put me way over the recommended daily amount once I added it to my food diary and that wasn't even counting the brine salt. Since there's no way to track how much salt is absorbed from the brine I just stopped doing it. For a long time the scale was only moving every few weeks, then it would go down for a few days and stall for a few weeks again. Noticed once I ran out of meal prep and ate something different than my usual dinner
>>
>>75269111
Did you call them fat retards?
>>
>>75268011
Is it a meme that doing squats will lower your blood sugar?.
Also, what are some things i need to do to lower it, as well as some symptoms of it?
And is it a stupid idea to cut my food in half and throw out the other half, i only ask this because i'm getting free food from my employer.
>>
>>75269408
Regular exercise in general lowers blood sugar, building muscle mass will lower blood sugar
Walking after meals is a good habit to get in for that, something about aiding digestion to spike it less

If you can't control yourself to save half the meal for a later meal then sure throw it out
>>
>>75269408
Doing squats makes you low T
>>
Sushi has so many calories. This is so sad.
>>
>>75269483
Simply have one roll and a bunch of sashimi
>>
>>75268134
I have such a hard fucking time sticking to my diet around my gf. We have always had so much fun going out to eat and stuffing our faces.

When I’m with her it feels like all my discipline flies out the window
>>
>>75269506
Lmfao
>>
>>75268341
>>75268155
kek what is the point of logging your diet if you’re just gonna lie

it seems like insanity
>>
>>75269511
what
>>
>>75269514
Probably women
>>
File: 92 iq.jpg (33 KB, 474x571)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>75268134
drinking a bit. Its been rough.
>>
File: IMG-20241010-WA0010.jpg (96 KB, 648x431)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>NEW AND IMPORTANT

What if this schizo is right? What if the best way to lose weight is to not drink and force the body to melt the fat for water?
>>
I said "no frys" with my burrito and the cashier asked me like four times if I was sure. The people I ate with made it awkward. That burrito must have been 900 calories. People take it as a PERSONAL ATTACK if you dont stuff your face around them.
>>
>>75269561
Im not doing that lmao. I eat lunch and din dins every day.
>>
>>75269572
I dont know how or why people normalized stuffing burritos with french fries and all kinds of fatty sauce. It doesnt even taste good.
>>
File: 1698979191543313.jpg (74 KB, 700x693)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>75269561
I would like to see these (((studies))).
>>
>>75269572
For me it's the opposite
Everyone knows you're on a diet and losing weight and will look at you weird for eating food that isn't broccoli or colorless chicken breast
>>
>>75269561
>can't even write English properly
>studies CONFIRM
TRUST. THE. SCIENCE!!!
>>
>>75269584
I was thinking about this last night and got triggered all over again anon
You cant talk about your diet with people. Because then they will start telling you about all therir stupid fuxking gimmick diets and bro science bullshit
>>
File: file.png (991 KB, 712x979)
991 KB
991 KB PNG
I got 40 kg after buying my ice cream machine.

I now lost 20 kg of that.

I'm thinking of using it for good now, would milk + protein shake + splenda ice cream work? Way I see it is the same as me drinking it.
>>
>>75269299
I applaud your bravery eating those veggies, every time I tried I ended up puking.
>>
>>75269299
peanut butter is full of peanut oil which is essentially pure fat at 9 calories per gram. fat is calorie dense.
>>
>>75269662
Theres some dishes i have a bad reflex against but broccy and carrots nigga? Sheeeeeeesh
>>
>>75269662
you're going to need to work on yourself, son, because you're not going to make it with that outlook.
if you someone trashed your GI fora to the point you can't eat healthy whole vegetables without puking, try exposing yourself to small amounts over time, and see if you can salvage your GI from its man-made ultra-processed hell.
>>
>>75269674
The only veggies I'm able to eat are onions, potatoes, lettuce and spinach. I can manage fried carrot slices, but brocoli and cauliflower are the equivalent of shoving a finger down my throat.
>>
The voice actor for homer simpson passed after this morning. Guess no more classic fatman eating donuts and saying DOH
>>
>>75269693
Do you think he doesnt know all this? Hes the one who has to live with himself
>>
>>75269073
put that into absolute values, not relativistic, how many grams of each are you eating?
>>
>>75269698
Don't see any mention of it on /tv/, sounds like fake news.
>>
>>75269694
>The only veggies I'm able to eat are onions, potatoes, lettuce and spinach. I can manage fried carrot slices
NTA but who says you need anything more than these
>>
I've got an issue guys, I'd like some advice.
>got a job being a carpenter's assistant
>job sites are all over the place, don't know where we're going until that morning
>no consistent job sites so impossible to tell if I'll have access to a fridge or microwave
>making it very difficult to pack a healthier lunch because I don't want to throw my money away but I can't tell what I should pack beforehand
>tried getting ice bags and a cooler but no space in my freezer for the remainder, plus ice bags are a bit expensive since I can't save much, waste a lot of it
>not enough room in freezer for a lot of ice trays, no automatic ice maker
>bought ice packs and they worked alright, but they take up a lot of room so its hard to fit the food in the cooler
>bigger cooler won't fit in my car alongside the work supplies I need to take every day (no company van)
>have been very consistent with my gym routine for the past 2 months, making okay progress, but still eat like shit at work because of all this
>don't want to skip lunch because its very taxing work on my body and I need the fuel, especially when its hot outside
what should I be taking to lunch? What would you take for lunch under these conditions? Should I suck it up and start skipping lunch entirely and just let my body feast on the fat? Maybe swap to OMAD and just eat dinner?

Please help me brothers, I'm doing good mentally and physically but it feels like this one obstacle is keeping me off the bus to getting shredded.
>>
>>75269739
I don't believe you that you don't have enough room in your car to fit a sandwich or a bowl of rice and chicken.
>>
>>75269739
Just give up you don't have hwat it takes to suceed.
>>
>>75269720
Cruciferous veggies have all kind of superfood-ish qualities, with various chemicals that help with well-being, weight loss and witch curses. For example, sulforaphane is found in a bunch of them and has been shown to be
> a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, which aids in the prevention and treatment of several types of cancer. In addition, some studies show a correlation between consuming vegetables high in this phytochemical with a reduction in depression, improved pain management, reduction in obesity and improved conditions related to cardiovascular disease.
- https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/speaking-of-health/superfoods-why-you-should-eat-cruciferous-vegetables
So yeah, you're kinda missing out without them.
>>
>>75269739
Just go OMAD, stop worrying about all that shit and just eat when you get home.
>>
File: 1721648098512868.jpg (89 KB, 635x843)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
I have a little bit of flab at the bottom of my belly after losing weight. It's nothing to warrant any surgery. So, what can I do to get rid of it? Is there something else aside from surgery that's truly effective?
>>
>>75269739
Why do you need a whole cooler for your lunch? Why can't you just use a normal lunch box and ice pack?
>>
>>75269698
Made me check
>>
>>75269662
is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7krGDcdXM6Q
>>
>>75269766
flab or loose skin?

Flab just do a 72h fasts once a week and it should go away in a few weeks.

Loose skin, it might tighten up a bit, but the only real fix is surgery.
>>
>>75269766
Give it a few years for the skin to shrink up (never does fully but will reduce a bit) plus get shredded as fuck to fill what's left
Even then the skin will be stretchy if you pull it, but not visible if you weren't giga-mega fat
>>
Fatty Contest
CatBiscuit
224lbs
5'3"
>>
File: 1727312658213367.jpg (119 KB, 493x520)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>75268011
>Microwave mac'n'cheese for dinner
>Check box
>460 calories
>Hey not bad
>Serving size: one SEVENTH of a tray
Wtf bros
>>
File: 1713874611444050.jpg (123 KB, 634x381)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>75269813
This is why you shouldn't eat ultra-processed food.
>>
>>75269739
How much food are you taking or how many ice packs are you using that you can't fit it inside a cooler? And realistically how much space does a sandwich or a salad or some pasta take up? Add in a few pieces of fruit and an egg or two. Add in a reusable ice pack and you're sorted. All of that would fit inside something the size of a shoe box with room to spare.

You don't need a microwave if it's food you can eat cold. And you don't need a fridge if you have an ice pack. You don't even need an ice pack if you're packing it in the morning and eating it at lunch time
>>
>>75268011
If my primary reason for lifting weights is to burn calories, is there anything wrong with junk volume? Why stick with ~20 sets per workout when I can do 30? I'm doing a U/L split and I don't see a reason to limit how many sets I actually do (especially on upper) when all I care about is burning calories.
>>
>>75269662
grow up you’re a god damned adult man
>>
>>75269698
fuck off I checked
>>
File: 1727014929263185.jpg (442 KB, 2818x4160)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>75269788
It's been 7 years. I got lean enough that I could see my top abs. I'm full in pic related, soon as I take a dump the loosness shows up. Should I stay bloated?
>>
>>75269813
Please tell me you aren't so stupid you thought your 2lb stouffers family size frozen mac and cheese was only 460 calories. If so there is little to no hope for you.
>>
>>75269760
>mayoclinichealthsystem.org
>>
>>75269837
There's a gene that makes cabbage-like plants (broccoli, cauliflower, kale, brussels sprouts, ect) taste highly bitter. He might have that.

I have the one that makes Cilantro taste like soap, as a result I can't stand like 95% of Mexican food.
>>
>>75269851
You are already in the end goal of not being able to tell without pinching at it, my man
>>
>>75269851
doesn’t look bad at all… maybe it is mostly in your head
loose skin is tightened with a plastic surgeon and not much else

you could work out your lower abs more
>>
>>75269851
If you get surgery you'll have a big fucking scar there instead, not worth it.
>>
>>75269885
>uhhh I have the gene that only lets me eat pizza and ice cream, if I see a vegetable I have a stroke
Doesn't exist, this is picky eater cope.
>>
>>75269905
No one had this shit 20 years ago, its the same shit how suddenly every third person is allergic to gluten. People will look for an excuse to keep eating shit.
>>
>>75269905
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/pbi.13310
>>
>>75269885
I'm like this but specifically with peppers. Everyone I know says bell peppers are sweet but they taste horribly bitter to me. Every other vegetable is fine. I've even had bitter melon and it tasted less bitter than bell peppers do. I can handle a few finely diced in a pasta sauce still.
>>
>>75269905
TAS2R38 PAV/PAV variants and a few others.
Rare but potentially life-saving genetics baggage to detect poison in some plants many others would miss, but it also makes many healthy veggies taste like shit. Unfortunate.
>>75269910
Folks had figured out humans can have a different sense of bitterness over 80 years ago already.
Now we have the precise bits of code to explain why it happens.
>>
>>75269750
It's not about food that doesn't fit, it's about food that doesn't go bad in the heat or in the cold. I've lifted on and off a lot in the past but this time I feel like I've really got it, the stars seem to be aligned very well, I've just never meal prepped before. Can you eat cold/lukewarm chicken? I always thought you were supposed to heat up chicken even as leftovers or else it could make you sick. Am I retarded?
>>75269762
this is my last resort but I at least try to get some food in me at work, its very taxing on my body. I know I've built this prison for myself and deserve to suffer, but I can't afford to suffer at the expense of doing my job.
>>75269767
it is routinely 90+ degrees Fahrenheit where I'm at and with no fridge around I have to leave my lunch in the car or have it be in the way on-site. Coldest day we've had in October so far was 86. A basic ice pack in a lunch box doesn't do anything, I've tried, so the cooler is the better play.
>>75269833
I don't think you're picking up what I'm saying completely. I do have ice packs and they do fit, but they don't do much because it's so hot where I am.
>how much food are you taking
just a small tupperware or sometimes just a sandwich and a protein shake, sometimes a Greek yogurt cup but I've been avoiding them recently because of this aforementioned issue.
>You don't need a microwave if it's food you can eat cold. And you don't need a fridge if you have an ice pack.
please give me suggestions, like I said above to the first guy I've never really meal prepped. Avoiding heating or needing cooling as a whole would be ideal but off the top of my head that just puts me eating things like peanuts and popcorn which just is not sustainable for the work day.
>>
File: 1715907694152000.jpg (72 KB, 960x960)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>75269901
>>75269892
>>75269888
Well, shit. I just hate my body.
Thanks for the replies, bros. Have a nice one.
>>
>>75269964
If keeping things cold is an issue heat some soup and put it in a thermos.
>>
>>75269964
Just eat your OMAD in the morning then.
>>
>>75269964
>Can you eat cold/lukewarm chicken? I always thought you were supposed to heat up chicken even as leftovers or else it could make you sick. Am I retarded?
You should probably find yourself a caretaker, I'm not sure you should legally be allowed on your own.
>>
>>75269999
quads of truth
>>
File: 1726607812467806.gif (2.6 MB, 498x277)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB GIF
>>75269999
>>
Does anyone else feel itchy when they do their walking? It sucks, and I always get super itchy right in the center of my upper back where its hard to reach.
>>
>>75268011
hello fat loss anime nuns. I am here to say that tomorrow is work out day. I ate probably more than I should have today, but one day at a time I guess. please punish me for being a bad boy. I need your guidance and discipline. please please. oh what's that? yeah just ignore my erection that's perfectly normal. thanks so much, I don't know what I would do without you.
>>
>>75269514
in my defense, I have never counted calories before until 5 days ago. I didn't want to break my 4 day streak on the first week so I'm giving myself some leeway. Plus I just put in some bullshit numbers on some site and it gave me a 2500 calorie a day limit which I guess is normal for most people. I'm in my early 30's and just discovering that 2Tbsp of peanut butter is like 400 calories. Me thinking back when I was younger eating all those PB&J's... jesus how many fucking calories is a PBJ lol
>>
>>75270024
Any sweaty exercise does that for me, yeah
>>
>>75270051
2Tbsp of peanut butter is like 190 cal
>>
>>75270059
yeah I mixed it up.. still bad at measurements too... converting shit to ounces and cups...
>>
>>75269964
If it's that troublesome you don't have to meal prep. You can eat relatively healthy at any restaurant even mcdonalds. Get a double QP no mayo no ketchup just mustard and take off the top bun or both buns. No fries and water for your drink.
Subway, salad with a light dressing or just oil and vinegar.
Basically just think outside the normal combo meal and you don't have to freak out about eating at some random place. As long as you avoid empty carbs like fries or chips and stick to water instead of soda you will be fine.
If you want to meal prep just search youtube for cold pasta salads. Cut the pasta in half and double the meat. That will keep fine in a cooler.
>>
>>75270072
And u can get baked potatoes for cheap at wendy's
>>
>>75270072
>>75270086
>>
>>75270086
Yep potatoes are great and another thing you could prep, bake a potato and stuff it with some seasoned chicken breast. pack a little container of sour cream or greek yogurt or cottage cheese and you can eat it cold.
>>
For me, its the chili.
>>
>based fellow wendy’s enjoyers
I was eating Wendy’s big ass Cobb salad and I would throw a six piece nugget in there as well. With a large diet coke. Not too bad on OMAD. Not the best macros but filling and cheap.

Never used to even like soda until I started dieting now I am obsessed with diet coke and diet pepsi. I think it tricks my stomach and makes me feel more full somehow. Also it just satiates a craving for something sugary.
>>
>>75269964
bro is speedrunning getting simultaneous salmonella & campylobacter infection
>>
>>75269739
>no space in freezer for a fucking icebag
>no room in your car for a small chiller
Clean your living space you disgusting fucking slob. You faggots disgust me.
>>
It's a certainty that I'll lose weight if I fast every odd day right? No way I can overeat an additional day's worth of food on my eating days, right?
I'm just paranoid right?
>>
>>75270167
count calories niggertard
>>
>>75270167
fatties will do anything to keep binging on hot pockets it is insane

just quit eating like a pig bro
>>
>>75270167
What you want to do is create a long term habit that isn't a weight loss diet but rather a lifestyle change that you transition to for the rest of your life. Fasting every other day isn't feasible for the rest of your life
>>
>>75270167
ite certain you will regain when you stop the meme diet
>>
>>75269561
There's truth to it. Water is a byproduct of aerobic respiration. You are combining carbohydrates and oxygen in a redox reaction to get CO2, water and cellular energy. It makes sense that the body would have processes put into place to accelerate your metabolism and eat fat if it needed water. I work in hospice and have had the pleasure of watching fatties take over a month to die when they go no food no fluids.
The problem is that water is very important for literally everything that goes on inside of you and the lack thereof could trigger something truly awful to happen, especially in fatties who have never had anything to do with being healthy. We're talking life ending stroke possibility so it's not really worth the risk.
Do not push yourself if you try dry fasting.
>>
I was on Prednisone and it made me so hungry. My throat also hurts so I bought ice cream. Been stuffing my face. Gained a lot on the scale but I'm sure some of it is water weight.
>>
>>75270167
>there's no way I can over eat
I tried doing OMAD for a few months and didn't lose any weight. Same idea, same shit. I just ate huge meals and didn't count calories, assuming "oh it's one meal a day of course I'll lose weight since I'm not eating breakfast or lunch" not to mention I still snacked too... You're gonna be miserable on your days off too, torturing yourself will just break your mentality/determination to commit as well.
>>
Detox fasting - real?
I'm gonna try it, I have all sorts of immune and gut health shit fucking up for the past half year, might as well at this point
I think giving up the artificial sugar crutch is gonna be harder than the not eating part
>>
unhelpful crabs general
>>
>>75270269
Only if you're extra sensitive and susceptible to the occasional retarded schizo
The general vibe is great
>>
>>75268134
I drank a dr pepper. 20 once. I work at a peosi warehouse and it was right there.
>>
>>75268134
i have not exercised at all since saturday. in my defense, father, i've been sick. please forgive me.
>>
>>75269011
>lesson learned: drink chlorine to speedrun weight loss
gonna try that, thanks anon!
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (85 KB, 1280x720)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>75270194
And what about "only eating"?.
I mean Not drinking water, coffee, juices, etc. but you still eat food.
>>
>>75268134
how are there this many cheaters
theres probably only like 40 unique IPs in this thread so half of y'all are cheating???
>>
File: 1725781865688729.jpg (144 KB, 850x792)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>75270330
does this ass look like I cheat? be honest
>>
File: IMG-20241010-WA0004.jpg (101 KB, 900x1600)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
GONA LOSE 30 POUNDS IN 3 WEEKS, LETS FUCKING GOOOO

DAY000: 30 POUNDS REMAINING
>>
>>75270295
and by chlorine you mean piss and shit from unwashed asses
>>
I have a 24-can pack of Dr Pepper delivered to my house on a monthly basis.
It's very nice.
I lost 17 kg since I started doing that.
>>
>>75270310
Smartest /fat/ poster.
>>
>>75270352
This but unironically
>>
>>75270343
>anon's going to have his leg cut off in three weeks
this is so sad
>>
>>75270344
now you're making me wish i had a gf even more
>>
File: 1646357298536.webm (815 KB, 590x720)
815 KB
815 KB WEBM
What are some high-volume, low calorie-density snacks?
I have a medication whose side-effect is extreme munchies right before I sleep and am looking for less-unhealthy options that can leave me feeling really stuffed. Less unhealthy than what I have stuffed myself with, which include plain bread, cheeses, LOTS of fruits, plain sugar, sweets, leftovers...

My current stuffings are:
Popcorn: minimal toppings
Chia pudding: with stevia and cinnamon. I must've miscalculated because it ended up more like chia slurry, I'd appreciate a nice recipe for this.

Alternatively maybe something that makes me feel too sick to eat, I'm desperate.
>>
File: 1589938392502.png (366 KB, 584x588)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
>>75270341
looks all good to me bro
>>
>>75270377
Spoon of peanut butter.
>>
>>75270235
clarify your examples. Many do a restricted allergen diet to figure out what causes them inflammation and autoimmune issues. My best friend's family have genetic disposition and have practiced it to figure out their individual issues.
>>
File: 1533325409341.gif (1.76 MB, 202x268)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB GIF
>>75270380
>>
>>75270377
>What are some high-volume, low calorie-density snacks?
Popcorn is unbeatable. Pop it yourself.
You can even butter/sugar it up a bit and it'll still be remarkably low-calorie for its volume.
You can mess around with spices and MSG to make it varied too.

I also eat crackers with a bit of chicken liver pate.
It's not particularly high-volume but it works pretty well for satisfying a craving for crunchy and savory food while staying under 120 kcal per "portion".
>>
>>75268011
>Don't weigh myself for two weeks, been stressed out and snacking
>I'm up 4 pounds, I'm 8 pounds behind my trend line
>wtf god dammit
>do OMAD that night, just drink water.
>I'm down 4 pounds in one day
>man wtf is happening

I hate water weight. I need to lock in. I'm still way behind my trend line. Gotta get back on course
>>
Bros I just went to Wendy's to try out their chilly cheese baked potato. When girl opened dt window she starting saying stuff in a curt, just get customer thru fast sorta tone, but as soon as I extended my arm out to give card herd tone completely glitched out mid fucking sentence. The rest of the time she talked very quiet/meek sounding.

Guess this past year hitting the gym hard is paying off.
>>
>>75269905
>gluten is healthy
uhhh
>>
File: vergil.jpg (57 KB, 1024x576)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>75268134
I can't bring myself to do the dishes, so I can't make a new batch of cold brew, so I'm drinking Monster Energy® Ultra Zero™ for the fourth day in a row.
>>
>>75270343
You would have to fast the entire time (with nutritional supplements) while also putting in like 2 hours of a stationary bike everyday. You wouldn't make it.
>>
>>75270104
>300 cals for ONE potato
hell nah, I could eat 3 chocolate bars for that
>>
>>75270441
There's literally nothing bad in gluten unless that's a (You) problem.
>>
>>75270462
Wrong; even in healthy individuals, it increases the odds of gut inflammation; it's like taking very small amounts of poison and thinking you are fine because you aren't feeling it yet; it will fuck you up long term.
>>
>>75270341
how many calories for a whole one?
>>
>>75268134
I've stalled out over the past few months and won't hit my goal loss for the year. I started at 291 a while ago and am 186 now but I wanted to be 165 by the end of the year. I coped by saying I needed to eat more to get energy due to being busy for a few weeks but then kept eating too much and stayed the same weight for about 3 months. If I go hard on fasting maybe I can hit my goal but I Thanksgiving and Christmas are the only reason I live to eat good food at a few get-togethers each year and if I give that up I might as well be dead.
>>
>>75270468
Literally every study that ever came to that conclusion had a provenly bad methodology.
Gluten has absolutely no adverse effect on people without the gluten intolerance.
>>
Reminder that rice/pasta > steak
Don't be fooled by all the retards saying you should eat meat, you are better of going for rice/pasta.

Steak, 2.71cal/gram

2% milk, 0.50cal/gram

Apple, 0.52cal/gram

Spinach, 0.23cal/gram

Potato, 0.87cal/gram

Potato chips, 5.36cal/gram

'Baked' potato chips, 4.20cal/gram

Milk chocolate, 5.35cal/gram

Fried chicken, 2.36cal/gram

Pizza, 2.66cal/gram

Rice, 1.3cal/gram

Pasta, 1.3cal/gram
>>
>>75270310
I would avoid that when dry fasting especially with protein since breaking down protein into component amino acids requires hydrolysis which is very water intensive.
Carbs have their own water tax but are still likely better. Fat is likely the most water neutral but I still wouldn't try it without really thinking it through. It's your funeral tho listening to bro science on a Swedish salt lamp licking emporium forum.
>>
no
also ywnbaw
>>
>>75270485
>Rice, 1.3cal/gram
>Pasta, 1.3cal/gram
Both rice and pasta are close to 4 kcal/gram.
Only genuine retards weigh cooked ingredients.
Only genuine double-retards do that with rice that can absorb an absolutely arbitrary amount of water depending on the variety and cooking process.
>>
>>75270503
Are you eating uncoocked rice? Yeah thought so retard.
>>
>>75270508
cope and seethe
>>
>>75270510
Keep that big fat belly of yours.
>>
>>75270513
keep projecting, copelord
>>
>>75270477
>186 now
>Want to be 165 by the end of the year
What's stopping you? 82 days minus a few. 21 lbs is 73,500 calories. That's a deficit of 900 calories a day. I plan to lose another 18 lbs by the end of November, that's one less month than you have and I weigh almost 20 lbs less than your goal weight. And I have Thanksgiving and spend time with friends too, and I'm still going to make my goal. You 1 lb a week people are ridiculous, just increase the deficit and get it done faster.
>>
>>75270524
I do between 2 or 3 a week. The issue is I have 4 of each Christmas and Thanksgiving to attend plus two potlucks at work. I cannot resist eating like a king and bringing my tupperware for leftovers. I guess I'll hit my goal January or February.
>>
File: 1646337670389.webm (2.94 MB, 426x426)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>75270399
>>75270424
That's the thing, it's less a craving for taste and more a craving to stuff myself to bursting I think. Likely a craving for carbs. Even if I go to bed without, I'll end up unable to sleep until I get back up and do so. Even after downing a mug of chia slurry and shoving a quarter cup of kernels worth of popcorn down my gullet, I still end up eating a couple of bananas and an apple or pear.

My current 3 nights worth bulk popcorn recipe is ¾ cup kernels, after popping add 1.5tbsp olive oil (to make seasoning stick), and a seasoning mix of ½tsp fine salt, 1tsp fine black pepper, and 3tsp turmeric. I'm gonna try smoked paprika next time.
>>
File: 1679783319007306.gif (3.06 MB, 640x640)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB GIF
2 cups cooked rice is ~400 calories...

rice bag says 1/4 cup is 160 calories...

400 / 8 = 50

I don't get it.
>>
>>75270568
Keep mastering the art of popping corn.
I think it's the silver bullet for your issue. You just have to harness its power.
>>
>>75270577
Calories per serving and servings per container basically never add up, it's crazy how far off it often is
Always weigh it out and go by the calories per gram amount
>>
>>75270559
Christmas is in December, and that's 4 days out of 31. Thanksgiving is in a few days if you're Canadian and next month if you're American, but once again, that's 4 days. 2 potlucks too, not that bad. What you do is skip breakfast and lunch, and then you hit maintenance on all 10 days. You'll find yourself stuffed quickly if you're eating whole foods like turkey, ham, potatoes, etc. Only dessert is a risk. Get your exercise in those days too, and you'll probably still be at a deficit.
>>
>>75270377
rice cakes come to mind. but honestly, i've been using nonfat greek yogurt as a low-cal snack. it's not high volume, but it is high satiety. i can be absolutely starving, and after a cup of yogurt i'm just good for a couple hours.
>>
>>75270590
Yeah I need to get a scale...
>>
>>75270608
10 bucks on amazon to get one overnight, don't put it off
>>
>>75270568
why did I watch this entire webm
>>
>>75270620
Don't do it. Amazon charged me for a year because they kept billing me after I cancelled.
>>
>>75270690
You can leech off family or friend's prime account, just have to have enough mutual trust to not select each other's credit card info when ordering your own shit. Or care if they see your history lol
>>
>>75268134
Had 2 big rice bowls and half a litre of milk. Was otherwise good
>>
>>75270497
Gonna try it while listening to my hecking body anon bro
>>
>>75268134
Losing nearly no weight this week and the past because I'm not going on walks. I was determined to go yesterday but it was raining, too. Feels bad man.
>>
Weigh the same for 3 days in a row and then bam, down 1.5lbs this morning. I think its a good thing to weigh every day sometimes, you can learn things about how your body works. Ive been losely tracking things, but its close to the weekend again, and im going out for pizza the night before my fatty weigh in but Im pretty sure I will still post a good result. Im managing my food intake pretty well I think.
>>
>>75270913
Weather really affects me too. Too windy even if it looks like it might rain I get discouraged. I need to be able to wake up to a sunny day before I feel like being active. I guess its just a fail for motivation and I should just get it done, but I think my brain is broken.
>>
>>75270343
Good luck with your goals anon. Keep us posted
>>
>>75270288
Its funny, but the times ive been sick and not eaten much Ive lost more weight than when im trying to eat healthy and exercise. Go figure.
>>
>>75269167
>cut out my morning flat white
This is the level im getting to, cut out my morning large cappuccino for a cup of instant at home just with a splash of milk. I think its actually helped my digestion somewhat, pooping has become a pleasure again, perhaps all that coffee shop expresso and steamed milk was drying up my business too much
>>
I dropped pretty consistantly from 350lbs to 220lbs where I bottomed out, now back up to around 230lbs which is not bad considering I havent been really avoiding any foods apart from fast food. Ive been eating sweets, cakes and the like but I still keep what ive learnt about cooking my own meals so its been a nice balance. Back now to get to under that 200lbs mark, so debating slow cutting or getting back on my strict diet to just see if I can smash these last 30lbs out as quick as possible.
>>
>>75269073
What are total cals? How many grams protein/fat/carbs is your diet?
>>
File: 1723962254088557.jpg (248 KB, 1200x1351)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>75269766
the handyman's secret weapon
>>
>>75269073
hard to tell with those gimped metrics, but it's very likely you need more proteins in your diet.
boost your proteins, cut all refined sugars, get all your carbs from fresh fruits and vegetables, reduce saturated fat, and things will just fall in place naturally.
don't avoid fat per se. avocado, fatty fish like salmon, olive oil, nuts, are all full of fat and they're super healthy for you. just choose that kind of fat over beef grease or whatever.
>>
>>75271040
Based Red Green enjoyer
>>
>>75271061
I was going to say the same. Up protein, lower fats. My pie chart usually looks like even thirds at 2000cals and even then I know I probably should eat less carbs and more protein, but for now its working.
>>
There was a cute latina chick at the gym today, but after she finished on the quad extensions machine, she never came back to wipe it down. So I went over and lo and behold she left some ass sweat on the seat. Doing what any sane straight male would I gave it a quick swipe of my finger and licked it. Slight saltiness, from her butt.
>>
fatty contest
itsogreguys
136.6kg

>>75268134
I've gained 11kg in 3 months through gluttony
>>
>>75271134
you should stop doing that
>>
Eyy, 88.4kg or 23 bmi this morning.
Another kilo gone in under a week. My protein quark/bar diet (around 500 cals a day) is working real nice. This weekend Im giving myself 2500-3000 cals and will be lifting heavy every day of the weekend and today. Lifts seem the be going up real nice and fat is melting off, not bad. Around 5kg to go.
>>
>>75271134
Strong bulk. What's your plan going forward?
>>
>>75271134
Wtf man? You made it, 2 year ago you were 227lbs. Now you're at your all time fatty Contest high. What's going on?
>>
>>75271195
Same as ever. Stop drinking alcohol and portion control. Steadily increase exercise. Don't need any fancy tricks at this weight.

>>75271202
Mental health mostly. I was already in a bad place, then two simultaneous cases of cancer in my immediate family. Dad died suddenly. My own life continued spiraling to shit. Developed a bit of an alcoholism and emotional eating.

I'm good at the gym and I know my nutrition. It's just a willpower and motivation thing. Try to stop avoiding suicide though the brief pleasure gained from eating. That type of thing. I got it.
>>
>>75271219
>Try to stop avoiding suicide though the brief pleasure gained from eating.
This plus the alcoholism is so fucking familiar to me. At my heaviest I really saw no point in life and was basically trying kill myself through eating and drinking.
Even now at close to my goal weight Im sometimes struggling with finding the reason for keeping losing the weight and not just give up. All this loose skin around me reminds me every day of what a disgusting monster I am.
>>
the whale was mid
>>
>>75268213
From what I have seen, the over under level for loos skin seems to be around 100 lbs weight loss. Some people at that level report having it, and some don't. Guess it depends on genetics or age or something.
>>
Fatty Contest
TheObeseBrit
292.6lbs
>>
>>75271238
>Guess it depends on genetics or age or something.
Both and the amount of weight lost as you said. I have lost 66kg and have a lot of loose skin on my legs, ass and torso.
>>
>>75271231
Yeah, I feel you, except I got fat in the first place because "I really saw no point in life and was basically trying kill myself". I was like 85kg and in good physical shape when I started doing that more than a decade ago.
The fattycontest graph leaves out a lot of, because I was already well entrenched into good habits when I started recording it and that's how I was able to lose 30kg in 8 months. The ball was already rolling.

I had a brief period of about 4 months earlier this year where I had things under control. Wasn't losing much weight, but I was exercising regularly again and clearly turning fat into muscle. Just felt a lot better. Then things just slipped out of hand. The drinking is a big part of it, although the drinking itself is more of a symptom than a cause. Whatever, it fuels bad decisions either way. And I'm tired of feeling like shit all the time whether I'm suicidal or not.
>>
>>75270224
>still snacked
then you didn't do OMAD dipshit
>>
>>75271287
Jesus christ people are retarded. Do these people even THINK at all? "Hurr durr Im doing OMAD. Oh Im snacking too", Jesus fucking christ man.
>>
>>75270167
>No way I can overeat an additional day's worth of food on my eating days, right?
You can easily eat 10 000kcal in a day. Not by accident, but it's certainly possible.
>>
>>75271299
maybe we're not all gonna make it bros
>>
>>75270224
Feeding the hunger with "snacking" is what made it torture for you bruh.
>>
>>75268134
My usual sushi joint was closed so I ordered my sashimi box from a new place. It cost more, but whatever, gotta get my 12 slices of raw fish in.
Except what they delivered was a lot more than what I'm used to. The raw fish slices were there, but about twice as big as I'm used to. And then there was a giant cursed sushi roll that, as far I as could reverse engineer it, was made with a baked salmon flakes and omelet filling, wrapped in rice, dipped in batter and fried as a whole. Nothing sashimistic about any of this.
And then they filled the rest of the box to the brim with radish, algae and whatever else koreans think japanese cuisine should have.
End result, I know I've blown right past my calorie target. I don't know by how much, but it can't be good.
For my penance, I will lower my calorie target tomorrow by 500.
>>
>>75270224
Even without snacking, I tried doing OMAD before only to realize that it's actually fairly easy to consume 3000 calories in one sitting every day if you are already a habitual over-eater.
Have to count calories; there's just no way around it.
>>
>>75271344
Why don't you just go get a real good exercise session in right now? Make use of the protein. Burn through the carbs faster.
>>
>>75271390
I busted my left shoulder, still healing. Best I can do is some cardio, and by that I mean walking around the neighborhood in circles.
It's over.
>>
>>75271395
Walk áround the neighborhood in circles.
>>
>>75271395
Cardio, then. Your legs ain't broken. Then bodyweight squats, wall sits, crunches. Hell you could even do one-armed jumping jacks, so long as you MOVE. That is why you're here, right? To lose weight?
>>
>>75270993
yeah, being sick is great for killing your interest in food. having a great week as far as deficit aside from feeling like shit.
>>
>>75271219
sorry to hear that anon. hope you find peace and strength.
>>
>>75270310
That works if you eat a lot of fresh raw meat, which is super hydrating.
I know some people who barely drink in a month because of their carnivore diet. Water dehydrates you in the end.
>>
>water dehydrates you
Truly fastards are the most schizo posters
>>
>>75270568
just go keto nigga u wont have any cravings
>>
>>75270377
Salads and veggies dude. You can make a giant bowl of salad and eat it until you can't physically eat any more and it'll still end up with a lot less calories than if you ate half a bag of potato chips or whatever.
Also dipping carrots and cucumbers (and whatever you enjoy) into hummus. It's delicious and comparatively low in calories.
>>
>>75271248
>And I'm tired of feeling like shit all the time whether I'm suicidal or not.
They don't want you to know this but you can look good and be suicidal too
Seriously though you have anyone that cares for you? I have struggled with it since I have been a kid and the thing that helps the most is that I don't want anyone else to feel like I do, so just suffer with a smile.
>>
>>75271634
Looks are the least of my concern now. I'm just talking about the physical feeling you have all day when you're really fat and out of shape. Aches and fatigue. It sucks.
My mom's alive and I have some siblings and friends. It's a lot better than truly being alone I'm sure, but it also gives that glimpse of false hope that guilts a person into continuing their existence. For me it started when I was about 17 years old, so it's really hard to differentiate what is "depression" or whatever because I have those naive memories of childhood and then I have this, so there's no idea of a "normal" adulthood to compare against and tell what really is just a part of growing up.
>>
>>75271570
How long you been on keto?
>>
>>75271699
NTA but I did keto for a year and it did eliminate cravings and hunger. Just a bit too restrictive especially if you enjoy cooking, because it cuts down so heavily on the types of food you can eat and your diet becomes very monotonous. Plus it's really expensive.
>>
>>75271710
Are you familiar with the adaptation phase? Using fat as a fuel on a cellular level. Depending on the source they say it takes a month to become adapted and some say its like up to 3 months. Just if I did keto for a month and broke it for a day on say halloween (like going out and not wanting to be a sperg about it), then getting back at it, would it somehow set back or hinder the process like losing progress up to that point and having to go through the adaptation again? Or just a couple days to get back into keto after burning through the carbs and continuing where you left off pretty much. I know carb cycling even weekly on keto is a common thing amongst bodybuilders etc but just wondering how the adaptation actually works. Did you ever break it during?
>>
>>75270485
I was only eating 1200kcals at 350lbs and was hardly losing any weight for an entire month. I dropped most of my carbs and now I'm doing <20g a day of carbs and the weight is melting off, losing like 1.5lbs a day, went down two notches in my belt, feeling a lot better too.

The faggots who say "Keto is a meme" are a meme. People who eat carbs during weight loss are stalling their losses massively.
>>
>>75271766
This general is a bad place for people who know these things, anon. They will stoop to no low to silence, mock, and betray those who know
>>
>>75269650
I don't see why not. Don't have an ice crram machine myself and don't know how it works, but maybe I would soak the protein powder in milk beforehand, so that it doesn't "dust" the inside of it.
>>
>>75271766
>NOOOOOO YOU CANT EAT CARBS OR YOU'LL NEVER LOSE WEIGHT
Meanwhile I'm losing 4lbs a week while eating 100g of carbs a day. Dial 8 keto tard.
>>
>>75271669
>Aches and fatigue. It sucks.
That wasn't so bad for me but the highest I got to was like 250-260lbs. I think age is a bigger factor. I don't care so much for not having a normie life but I realized how my grandpas suicide fucked up my mom which in turn made my life hell. That guilt is there for a reason. Also it is very easy to be depressed these days and that doesn't always correlate with suicidal thoughts/actions.
>>
>>75271762
For me it definitely took about 2-4 weeks to get used to. I mean for the body to feel normal, not the mental part of getting used to not being able to eat many familiar foods.

>set back or hinder the process like losing progress up to that point and having to go through the adaptation again
I think you're operating on the false logic that what you're used to eating is somehow a neutral baseline and keto would be this special diet. In reality your body adapts to whatever you've been eating. So yes, it will take a few days to get used to keto again, but it won't "reset you to zero" or anything like that because there is no zero. If you've been doing keto for a while, it will also take time for your intestines etc. to become used to eating a lot of carbs again.

>like going out and not wanting to be a sperg about it
This is a loser mindset regardless. No one cares if you don't eat a chocolate bar. In general, other people don't go around thinking about your diet just like you don't spend your day thinking about other people's diets. You won't come across as "weird" for politely saying "no thanks" to some chips or whatever. You don't have to explain to them all the youtube knowledge you have behind your reason. That would be weird.

>Did you ever break it during?
Yeah. It just takes a few days. The worst part of keto is the "transition" part so I would not want to do it regularly.
>>
>>75271788
>I'm eating carbs and losing far less weight than you.
Exactly.
>>
>>75271815
I'm on less of a deficit and not a planet sized blob like you. You should be ashamed you aren't losing more you fat shit.
>>
>>75271824
>doesn't even try to defend it
Lol, cope carbtard
>>
>>75271834
Sorry I'm a 50% body fat 350lb planet like you
>>
>>75271844
You are? Then why are your losses so low? Probably all the carbs you're eating.
>>
>>75271850
>what is sarcasm
>>
>>75271792
Suicide when you have children or others that depend on you is a whole different beast. Luckily I don't have any commitments like that.

>I think age is a bigger factor.
Nah, I got really fat around age 22-24 and then lost most of it, and I felt just as shitty at 22 as I do now, and a lot better at 30 than I did then.

>it is very easy to be depressed these days
For sure, and that also messes up the calculations because if you have valid reasons for feeling bad, then are you really "depressed" or is it just your brain working as intended to let you know your shit's fucked?
There's also the additional problem of the medicalization of society. No one is sad or tired these days, they're depressed. Even if they're fully functioning and have a career and a family and hobbies and interests but they feel kinda exhausted for a week or two they're now classified "depressed". I don't really care what they call themselves, that's not the issue, but it has resulted in this fuzziness where a lot of advice and treatment for depression is now aimed at this type of situation. Even from professionals.
What I'm talking about is more chronic, something that lasts years and more or less defines everything.
>>
>>75271813
>I think you're operating on the false logic that what you're used to eating is somehow a neutral baseline and keto would be this special diet. In reality your body adapts to whatever you've been eating.
I was thinking it from like a biochemical standpoint that I don't fully understand, like your mitochondria renewing and now registering fat as the new energy source, obviously stuff like that happens over a longer period of time.
>it will take a few days to get used to keto again
This I don't really mind, a couple days is nothing. Thing is I'm mainly looking for the diet I feel overall the best on, I like to experiment on this kind of stuff and have already majorly improved my ibs, digestive issues etc I used to have for years. I don't have that much fat to lose and not in a rush on that department. Also low key interested in the carb cycling down the line lifting/cardio wise, after feeling how full on keto properly adapted and all feels performance wise and whether the cycling boosts it or not. Appreciate you answering in depth.
>>
>>75271881
>I was thinking it from like a biochemical standpoint
Yeah I got that. I don't know the scientific answer because I don't really care, but my point was that even from that perspective your body adapts to what it has been eating. So no it won't suddenly spring back up to being adapted to whatever used to be "normal" for you, because it is not any more of "neutral" diet than your new diet is, and isn't something permanently stored in your body as a baseline to revert to. If you haven't been eating much of it lately then that's not what your body is adapting toward. You're not going to suddenly "lose all progress".

>all feels performance wise
I feel like I lost about 10% of max lifts. So noticable on paper or if you're a pro, but not really if you're just lifting for general health. On the flipside I felt I had a lot more sustained energy at the gym, and the last exercises I felt as "fueled" as I did when I started.
I get why someone would do cycling, but what I found best about the keto diet was the "constant stream" of energy I felt throughout the day as opposed to feeling hungry or satisfied depending on how recently I ate. And that took time to adjust to. So personally I wouldn't like switching back and forth, as the first days of keto are the worst, and the real benefits come over time.
>>
ANOTHER WEEK ANOTHER KILO
>>
File: 1693320396337673.png (30 KB, 544x426)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>75271923
BASED. WAGMI.
>>
File: the best pizza.png (150 KB, 300x200)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>75268134
I ordered and ate a pizza. I didn't need it. I wasn't hungry. The calorie-goblin in my stomach seized control from me long enough to hit ubereats. I can feel it sitting in my stomach, like the dead-weight calorie bomb it is. Just emotional boredom-eating.

Took some laxatives and am uninstalling ubereats now.
>>
I ate 12 eggs already. All I have to eat otherwise is frozen chicken, canned salmon, and butter. Frying up some chicken now, however, I yearn for a nice big fat steak.
>>
>>75271972
you can eat steak mongoloid, just count calories
>>
>>75271922
>You're not going to suddenly "lose all progress".
Seems ok to try and experiment a bit then.
>10% of max lifts
Doesn't sound bad at all and the sustained energy sounds like a good tradeoff desu
>as opposed to feeling hungry or satisfied depending on how recently I ate
This is one the key factors I'm after aswell as the cravings going away, since when I eat carbs I just really can't get enough. Might have something to do with my ad(h)d and them just giving so much easy dopamine.
>>
>>75271303
Everyone CAN make it, discipline however is a different story.
>>
>>75272010
Discipline is largely genetic. Not everyone is gifted with it, some people need someone to watch them, boss them around, and tell them what to do.
>>
File: IMG_7877.png (107 KB, 1189x641)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>75271961
Laxatives? Doesn't it still get absorbed then?

What I do when my cool and collected daytime self loses out to Evening Bryan is I showe three fingers down my throat.
>>
>>75270377
Carrots.
>>
midday, 1000 calories to go
maybe i'll order some food for a change. you think a burger and some fries has 1000 calories?
>>
>>75272102
kill yourself
>>
>>75272065
>Laxatives? Doesn't it still get absorbed then?
Not if it exits the body fast enough. Digestion takes time. It doesn't really make a difference which end it comes out of. Still a stupid idea.
>>
>>75271134
I can gain those in a few weeks if I stop this keto thing and go back to the SAD diet...
>>
>>75271559
>Water dehydrates you in the end.
Nani?
>>
>>75272143
Excess water flushes out the electrolytes that help your body actually hold onto water instead of just letting it pass through.
Of course these retards have no sense of scale so the "water dehydrates you" meme was born.
>>
>>75272065
That diagram is not wrong. 6pm onwards is where it all begins to fall apart for me. Most of the time I stick to my plan but lately, the cracks are starting to show.

The few times I've tried to induce vomiting I only manage to un-eat a small portion of what I ate. I think the laxatives force it through the body quicker so less is probably absorbed (but obv not enough to compensate for the binge).
>>
File: 1720382386144845.jpg (1.08 MB, 1746x1650)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>75268217
>>
>been eating at least 500 calories below BMR for like 8 months
Should I do a maintenance break? Or at least decrease the deficit for a few weeks? Does it really matter?
I've definitely noticed hair thinning and slow-healing rashes, it's a bit annoying but nothing I can't live with
More concerned about muscle loss but I think it's better now that I'm getting more protein and lifting, however I think I'm more maintaining a low level of muscle instead of gaining anything because my meager lifts haven't increased after a couple months. I guess it might be just a choice between slowing down fat loss to start recomping now or maintain the little muscle until goal weight and then build it afterwards
(CW: 280, SW: 410, BMR: 2200cal, diet: 1700 cal)
>>
File: F50yYC1WoAACEO0.jpg (75 KB, 762x761)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>lose 185 lbs over 5 years
>family insists I used Ozempic or had gastric sleeve
wtf?
>>
>>75272479
I'm waiting for people to start asking me lol
So far they've accepted I just started trying but I expect that won't last once I start looking normal instead of just less fat
>>
>>75269662
Salt it more. Salt is the veggie hack
>>
5kg left Bros.
>1500cal a day
>Lifts suffering slightly, burnt out on last set of all. bench and squat in the shitter (lost 5-10kg from working weight)
>Muscles super flat, body dysmorphia telling me I'm tiny now
>Really want snack and horror movies nights with GF
>Want LeanMaxxed more
To live is to suffer, at least it's arm day tomorrow :)
WAGMI niggas
>>
File: file.png (158 KB, 478x341)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
I spiraled down for a few weeks and gained back almost 1.5kg...
I have this one adjustable dumbell and nothing else
What can I do with it while I try to go back to a reasonable diet?
I'm like 5kg or so away from my goal weight
>>
File: file.png (1.18 MB, 1024x768)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
This whole plate has less calories than a single cube of beef.
>>
It feels so tiresome to get back into dieting and working out after giving up for a long while. I had given up for a month or two due to unavoidable reasons. Now, it feels impossible to get back into them. I also have to deal with the stress of college and work which is making it harder.
>>
>>75268319
Any username? I find them so cutely drawn.
>>
Do you guys log your weight every day? I weigh myself every day but I only log new lows, it helps me feel motivated to see chart only go down
>>
>>75272658
Every two or three days
>>
>>75272658
I usually weigh myself after the weekend to see how much water weight I gained from all the carbs and salt, then at the end of the week again when Im at my lowest to log the new low.
>>
>>75272622
You're not alone, pal.
>>
can i do shoulders, biceps and triceps every day with light weights (5lbs dumbbells) or will i set myself up for failure on the long run?
my knee is fucked up so i those are the exercises that i can do currently. i can also do 1 (one) pull up because i lost my strength and gained 20lbs of fat.
>>
File: 1683331626471994.jpg (272 KB, 2048x1152)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>75272646
their twitter is hyxpk
>>
>>75271961
Be like me: too poor to buy food
>>
>>75272658
Almost every day. Sometimes I forget. I consider the 'real' number to be a moving average over the whole week.
>>
Fatty contest
Blueberries
>>
I'm hungry bro's........
>>
>>75269092
If you got it chia seeds and whatever your choice of flavored sauce would be.. atleast what I'd do since I have troubke getting fiber in my current diet
>>
File: 1721758293451530.jpg (3.21 MB, 5490x5000)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB JPG
>>75272822
https://kemono.su/patreon/user/64189240
>>
>>75269228
yuck!!!!!
>>
>>75273065
50 grams of protein howeverbeit
>>
>>75272658
I use an app for that (OpenScale) so I don't need to do it manually. It supports my bluetooth scale.
>>
File: arnold sadf.jpg (63 KB, 500x500)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>Friday again
>Still alone
How we doing /fat/? Plans for the weekend?
>>
>>75269293
This is a good thing I didn't think about... been on about 1300-1500 during the week lately, and was planning to just eat my fill new years but could be super bad gut wise at this point
>>
>>75273160
>Plans for the weekend
Desperately try not to binge eat, i don't know if i'm gonna make it......
>>
What's the one food or drink you have not been able to give up in your fat loss anons? For me its having a a&w cream soda once every other week and those cheese twists that a local bakery does, theyre soft and cheesy with mustard blended in the cheese.
>>
>>75273160
felt kinda sad this morning, so i weighed myself a few days early. 0.5 kg down since last weigh in. cheered up.
>>
File: 1725034654436125.png (434 KB, 1136x640)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
> Lost 25 lbs so far
> About 10 lbs to go
> Losing motivation

Despite getting some minor attention from wahmen now, which is nice, I feel depressed, tired, sick of calorie counting, sick of my stationary bike. My dick stopped working and I lost my self confidence, I can't look people in the eyes, so I'm guessing my testosterone levels took a dive from the caloric restriction. I'm done, not out of hunger, but because I'm tired. What do, soldiering on or maybe I should take a break?
>>
Fatty Contest
FatDumpster
93.9kg

No longer obese. Every day I feel more like a human. I walk around like a guy who's just chubby (cause I am) and it feels great. I buy normal human pants at the normal human store. I buy medium size T-shirts at the normal human store. I get normal human treatment when I'm out.
I still have 15kg to go though. I can only imagine what life is like when you're actually lean.
>>
>>75273248
Itt is 10lbs, stick with it pussy.
>>
>>75273248
I took a break for like a month and maintained. Went back on track a couple weeks ago. Look up FatDumpster on fatty contest.

If like me you can tell the major upsides of weight loss, you can safely take a break and then come back.
>>
>>75273160
No plans. I don't know of any fun things to do that don't involve eating or drinking. I'm desperately bored.
>>
>>75273248
I went on a 5 day fast for my last 10 lbs. The last 10 were really stubborn and were coming off so slowly until I fasted.
>>
>>75273248
take a break and go on maintenance, but make sure you atleast keep doing 10k or so steps a day for 5-6 days a week.
>>
>down 26.5lbs
>18.5 more to go
I have moments where I want to breakdown cause I gained a lot of extra weight, but I remember that I feel so much better now than I did 5-6 months ago.
>>
>>75273253
>no longer obese
congrats anon, that's fantastic.
>>
>169.6 pounds today
My 170lbs arc is almost over
>>
File: its over mokou.jpg (86 KB, 898x1034)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>75272167
I assume this picture was made first? These "cutesy" asian artists get crucified every other month over using naughty western things as a reference. Poor girl.
>>
>met my colleagues in person for the first time in ~three months
>they immediately mention that I lost weight
Bros . . . I think I'm making it . . .
>>
Fatty contest
Nabby
315.4 lbs
>>
>>75273248
lmao you've crying too hard, but it would be reasonable to do 1-2 weeks of maintenance, but make sure you stick to maintenance and not more.

Eat like a normal person, ie stop when you're no longer hungry.
>>
>>75273248
Just don't go beyond 500 kcal daily deficit.
>>
mmm
>>
>Eat like a normal person, ie stop when you're no longer hungry.
thats how i got here?
>>
File: mokohitdoesnteggs.jpg (94 KB, 345x396)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>75273386
No obviously, if you look closely at the gigachad image you can see the parts of the nun pic that got kept in
>>
>>75273889
im a retard
>>
This is going to be my dinner for the next week or two. I decided to experiment. Spatchcocked it and removed the legs. Going to pick off the meat once it's cooked and make a big batch of stock with the spine and bones. Dark meat will go into stew.
>>
>>75273893
no worries vro
>>
Already got 101g protein in before 9:30AM. Did leg day and also snuck in some abs and biceps.
>>
My shoulders give out before my chest on bench press, limiting how many reps I can do. Why is this and how to fix this? For reps, I bench 80kg while doing 50kg for reps on OHP, so you'd think my shoulders should be strong enough.
>>
>>75272033
This is me, spent 6 months in a military school and looking back on it it was probably the best time of my life. All the stress of figuring out life was taken away. I knew when I was getting up, I knew what I was going to do that day most of the time and I knew when I was going to bed. Part of me regrets not joining the military after, I feel like I probably would have thrived in that kind of structured life. I need that kind of discipline because I just don't have it in me naturally.
>>
>>75268134
i have those phases where i lose like 8kg within 2 weeks, then i start smoking weed and i gain most of it back within a little while. Then i feel terrible about it afterwards, feeling more miserable again.

Weed is the only thing helping me relax from all the work and university stress tho and while i know i should quit, how else am i supposed to shut my mind up for a while? shit sucks.
>>
>>75272554
You should get another adjustable dumbbell. Dumbbells work a lot better in pairs.
>>
>>75273253
Well done. Always good to see someone who will actually make it instead of some retard saying he needs to lose 30 lbs on day one, day one starting now
>>
>>75268134
it was my birthday a few days ago and im going to visit a sushi all you can eat buffet (its a pretty nice place even though its all you can eat)
i know its slop-py but i think out of all the "fast ood"-like options, it is a good one. and i fucking love sushi, i dont eat the breaded/fried ones though, just the sugar-y rice with some good ol salmon
im gonna eat a lot of it and will probably not eat anything else that isnt pretty much pure protein for the rest of the day
trying to eat to ~3/4th capacity at such an occasion is always kind of a challenge but i dont eat the sloppiest shit anyway, so avoiding giga salty/fried food fits me well considering that shit makes me feel sick way too quick (had to learn the hard way... multiple times)
>>
wtf guys I tore up some sliced ham for my cat and after he ignored it for a week I discovered it had turned into jerkey. im really tempted to try it. can't be that bad for you right?
>>
>>75274356
You disgust me
>>
>>75274356
if it's been in your fridge then yeah it's just dehydrated
same shit happens to the sliced deli meat I use for sandwiches
if it's been sitting outside for some reason, still ok because cured meats have enough salt and preservatives to not mold after a week
basically, if it's just dry then it's okay
if it feels slimey, smells bad, or tastes bitter then it's not ok
>>
File: IMG_1010.jpg (77 KB, 1097x1195)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>75270051
>I didn't want to break my 4 day streak on the first week

I got bad news for you anon, you did break the streak. Just because you didn't record it doesn't mean you didn't do it.
>>
What is the official weight you need to get below before you consider yourself having made it? For me it's 200lbs.
>>
>>75274707
1lb
>>
>>75274707
the mirror decides when/if ive made it
so probably never
t. focussed on scale numbers through my whole journey but in the end, the mirror decides
>>
Fatty Contest
Nevardo
239.8lbs
>>
>>75274707
124.9 lbs, might hit 124.8 just to know I've crossed the finish line
>>
>>75274707
200 will be the number that makes me cry. Haven't see it since high school and the closest I've gotten in like 20 years of yo-yoing is 220. The weight where I'd feel like I "made it" is whatever gets me off blood pressure medication. High blood pressure and strokes run in my family, so it may not be possible, but I'm fuckin trying.
>>
>>75274707
170 is when I'll be happy
>>
>>75274981
170 is still fat you hobbit
>>
>>75274727
>>75274992
You got a problem or something? Or are you just some insecure zoomie, who does nothing but shitpost?
>>
>>75274707
At 6'1", coming from 225lbs, I thought 185lbs would be my magic number. It's a healthy BMI level, a weight I haven't seen in over a decade. It seemed plausible.
Alas, I'm almost there now, and it's painfully obvious my belly is not going to be gone in the next 3 pounds.
I'm not sure if I should bother to pick an arbitrary lower number at this point or just keep going until the belly is gone, target weight be damned.
>>
>>75275232
Try 140 lbs as a last resort, and you can stop before reaching it if you find yourself satisfied with your body fat.
>>
>>75275281
Goddamn, I had a visceral negative reaction reading your answer at the thought of reaching 140.
I was at 135lbs when I was 18, and that was way too skinny. And also apparently, literally underweight by BMI standards. You think you have no game being fat, try being a scrawny socially awkward- wait never mind all that.
Man, I'm really hoping I won't have to dip below 165lbs.
>>
File: 1712395065758185.png (152 KB, 342x400)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
Where's the new thread
>>
>>75275435
Be the nun and duck thread poster you want to see in the world.
>>
>>75274707
Basically just not having gigantic bulging tits
Therefore I think I will never make it without surgery, it's getting kind of ridiculous how much I lose and they stay the same size
>>
>>75275448
What's your starting weight vs now, and height?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.