[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 124234124314.png (423 KB, 437x690)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
is it true that they have the exact same function
>>
>>75362615
Am I doing pullups and chinups wrong if I'm only sore in the teres major area?
>>
>>75362615
Teres seems to engage more with a very wide grip. Lats seem to engage more with a grip only about 75% as wide as you would use to try to hit teres specifically
>>
Why don't you Google it instead of posting here? Waste of a thread
>>
>>75362615
Yeah G-d just gave us both of them for shits and giggles
>>
>>75363073
Would you rather I made another coffee thread with black ass?
>>
>>75362615
one ends on scapula the other ends on spine and pelvis, so teres runs more perpendicular to spine than lats
teres:
The main function of this muscle is to produce movements of the arm on the shoulder joint. By contracting, it pulls the humerus posteriorly (extension) and rotates it medial towards the trunk (internal rotation). Additionally, it contributes to the stabilization of the shoulder joint.
>>75362841
>Am I doing pullups and chinups wrong if I'm only sore in the teres major area?
yes you are doing wrong - u are doing chinups and pullups
> i know it's retarded but what is wrong with it?
rotator cuff muscles died long ago and u aren't pulling with lat anymore but mostly teres i think, or u are hanging for ur dear life and jolting yourself up into lockoff
might be weak lower traps (which connect teres to spine), dunno really, don't care - pullups are retarded nontheless

if u want lats to grow without that stupid fucking pain u gotta free your palms up so that shoulders stops being fulcrum of movement - unilateral lat pulldowns will do that
>>
>>75362841
You wont like this but when you do pull ups at too high of an intensity and too much rom your upper back and biceps start taking over by the top, and all that extra work takes them to failure before the lats, if you want your lats to contribute more you need to grow them.
You basically do this by going past failure, instead of jerking your dick over your hole head over the bar, you do as many of the fullest rom you can and as rom starts decreasing you keep going until you can no longer do partial pull ups to eye level, or a 90 degree angle of th elbow, that'll grow the lats
>>
>>75363436
>you lost shoulder stability and u are disconnected from lats
>gotta grind shit in that state to git lats

no, do:
>>75363421
>if u want lats to grow without that stupid fucking pain u gotta free your palms up so that shoulders stops being fulcrum of movement - unilateral lat pulldowns will do that
>unilateral lat pulldown
>>
>>75362615
I only get sore in the shoulder, How get meat shield?
>>
>>75363492
>>75363421
>unilateral lat pulldown
>>
>>75362615
no. lat is scapula retractor (upper mostly)
and depressor (lower mostly). teres is just shoulder extensor/adductor and is most hit by arched wide pull ups/downs. it gives that armpit boob look by pushing lat out.
>>
>>75363494
or unilateral jackknife pull ups
those are actually good
>>
>>75363513
>or unilateral jackknife pull ups
or like no, u still need those muscles that failed in the first place to stabilise shoulder, not to mention there isn't one example of it anywhere

what is wrong with unilateral, one arm pulldown? it's awesome, lets u work on lat without fucking up shoulder, pullup doesn't:
>>75363421
>yes you are doing wrong - u are doing chinups and pullups
>>
>>75363513
>those are actually good
>actually
lol, wtf, what is wrong with unilateral lat pulldown ?!? tell me right now, i need to know
>it don't fuck up shoulder, that's all, u need to feel u've worked out in ur joints man, otherwise it doesn't count
>>
>>75363494
what if I don't have machines?
>>
File: lady.jpg (259 KB, 776x1254)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>75363621
>lol, wtf, what is wrong with unilateral lat pulldown ?!? tell me right now, i need to know
It takes twice as long.
>>
>>75363631
>It takes twice as long.
no it doesn't, it takes less time - u do one arm and immediately the other, back to first and on it goes till u are done - u need exactly zero rest if u do stuff unilaterally and it doesn't ivolve whole body and u r not gassed after your set of ur retarded many shitty singles u call reps - u just don't need rest
just weigh the weight on isolated muscle

and even if it did (it doesn't take longer) then u are blessed with 2 things:
worked lat that doesn't rely on stabilising shoulder
untouched shoulder joint
>>
>>75363621
because they might be working out at home
does the same thing
>>
>>75363073
>Asking a fitness related question
>Waste of a thread
He's right anon. Demotivating blackpill threads, or coombait only in future please
>>
>>75363630
get a band and attatch it high up and pull it down >>75363688
>does the same thing
it fucking doesn't as i have explained here already:
>>75363533
once stabilisers are done u can't get access to lats anymore and all u're doing is grinding soft tissue in them, cutting and slicing tendons and ligaments, bursa, rotator cuff

so we are on the same page right? unilateral lat pulldown is superior to any bilateral variation because u avoid injuring your shoulder and can actually work lats, right?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.