[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713003178849867.jpg (42 KB, 580x523)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>GNU/Linux questions >>>/g/fglt
>Windows questions >>>/g/fwt
>PC building >>>/g/pcbg
>Programming questions >>>/g/dpt
>Good, cheap laptops >>>/g/tpg
>Cheap electronics >>>/g/csg
>Server questions >>>/g/hsg
>Buying headphones >>>/g/hpg
>Best /g/ archive: https://iqfy.com/tech/
>Best way to build a media collection: >>>/g/ptg

How to find/activate any version of Windows?
https://rentry.org/installwindows

Previous thread: >>100014157
>>
File: IMG_1640.png (3.01 MB, 1179x1520)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB PNG
Does anybody know a good text to speech program without those annoying word limits? Should be free or piratable and be able to read in german.
>>
where do i go, in europe, to make good money and live a good life?
I have:
-Computer Engineering degree with a focus on SWE but I'm more interested in sysadmin and similar roles
-C1/C2 English literacy
-26 years old
-3 years of experience in IT Engineering/IT support
-6 months of internship where I was exposed to SQL, C#, servers, virtualization etc.
>>
File: Revo.png (168 KB, 512x512)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
I was told you can apparently use picrel (Revo uninstaller) while installing a new program to have it record every file and registry key, so that when you want to uninstall that program, it knows where to look. I can't find the feature though, so how do I do it?

Asking because there is one program I use with a limited free trial that somehow knows that I already used up the trial, despite a full uninstall using Revo and deleting all the registry keys (that I can find). It does not connect to any online servers, I tried it offline. My goal is to uninstall and reinstall for the free trial.
>>
File: package.png (58 KB, 1024x1024)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>100056618
Those things* are like Zip files, extract one if youre interested.
*in fact loads of shit is like that, not just document files
>>
>>100062135
I know it's probably not likely, but is there a 4chin archive that stores files even if they were deleted?
>>
the foolfuuka board archives i've seen do so probably by default
unless you want ones deemed illegal by country then that's a different matter
>>
File: 20240418_222530.jpg (1.31 MB, 1440x1080)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
I made booting disk and what the fuck is this
>>
So I just bought a new PC and im trying to install mint from a USB, but no matter what I do I can't get a blip from any monitor I try -- let alone access the BIOS. I've tried 3 different monitors in all ports and just nothing. Any ideas on how to make this thing anything more than the world's least efficient desk-fan?
>>
>>100063158
thats your graphics card saying goodbye. Try reducing the refresh rate
>>
>>100063158
Windows startup animation draws only the logo and the spinning dot-circle-thing leaving whatever vendor branding on the screen.
Whatever drew first on the screen (your UEFI system?) is to blame for that.

>>100063189
Really?
>>
>>100063173
plugging it into the right slot would be a good start...
>>
>>100063173
Let me guess, no integrated graphics on your processor and you are trying the motherboard connectors? Try the actual GPU instead.
>>
>>100063221
>>100063244
all ports means all ports
>>
>>100063312
different cable? Is the card even plugged in right?
>>
>>100063386
>Is the card even plugged in right?
lol yep this was it. the faggots I paid to assemble it didn't seat the GPU properly lol. I can't believe I paid 100 kangaroos for this and I still have to jiggle the thing. baka
ty for the help
>>
File: 1713279505292341.jpg (121 KB, 900x900)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>100063440
ayylmao
>>
>>100062135
What's the difference bertween m binaries and regular binaries?
>>
whats the best alternative to jdownloader2 for android?
specifically something that can download folders with multiple video files in them on websites like bunkr
>>
When I test my CPU on Cinebench, all cores stay at the same effective clock, but when I use Prime95 one of them lags behind the rest. What gives?
>>
File: what.jpg (352 KB, 907x1642)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
what kind of PSU do I need for this?
>>
How can we get retards to embrace cheap phones over the 1000+ dollarydoo shit they consume
>>
My windows update had been failing for the last 4 months but now there are no new updates so I assume it finally worked or maybe Windows just gave up on that update for me? I wonder which one it is? The brain drain at these big tech companies is real. They keep hiring indians who know how to game the interview process but have no actual skill at coding. On google campuses whites and blacks are a minority.
>>
>>100064419
Figure out the jack, the PSU part is easy: 12 volts. Assume the amps.
>>
File: 1713453629017.jpg (708 KB, 850x1033)
708 KB
708 KB JPG
>turn on PC
>three black small rectangles appear on the right side of monitor, flickering for a few seconds before going away
I just got this GPU two years ago...please no. I heard Nvidia and chromium can have issues that cause stuff like that, but it only appeared on my desktop. I didn't have a browser open and the steam store page wasn't open. Does anyone know if the Lightbulb program can do something like that? The flickering increased while it was adjusting my brightness and other settings. I did some stress testing and I didn't see any artifacts, also did a scan now and windows said it found issues and fixed them so maybe it could've been that? Sorry for mucho texto I'm freaking out cause I'm broke and feel like shit already today and now this. Any ideas?
>>
For the last week now youtube has been running terribly on my PC. Most everything else in that browser (firefox) runs perfectly fine so I was wondering if this has anything to do with it being intentionally slowed down because I'm using an adblocker? I've also noticed this but to a lesser extend in my microsoft edge browser
>>
File: ThisButAchievements.jpg (52 KB, 608x504)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>100062135
Can I get banned on Steam for using SAM? I just want to remove Achievements that I cheated for, and maybe reset some just to do it again because I am like literally addicted to unlocking Achievements and I do not want to get banned.
>>
I want to connect to WiFi from nearby cafes and restaurants from a 4th floor apartment.

(I plan on short term renting it and not live there and want to save up some money on the internet cost in the long run.)

Any suggestions which router to get?

(I'm not on 4ch as often as I used to be few years ago, what's with the difficulty of this captcha? It's terrible.)
>>
>>100064827
yeh u will get a vacban on all your games so dont do it
>>
How do I prevent Firefox from moving tabs such that the active tab is moved all the way to the right whenever I go into fullscreen?
>>
>>100062135
For long term external storage, should I get SSD or HDD?
I have tons of CAD shit and docs saved in college and PC storage is already getting crammed as fuck.
>>
I want to encode all my movie files to be as small of a size as possible with minimum quality loss. Is Handbrake still the best solution and what settings should I use?
>>
>>100064827
>legitimate coffee enjoyer drinking Starbucks trash
inaccurate meme
>>
>>100065367
HDD. In general, SSDs are only worth it if you can benefit from the extra speed. If you're using it for backups or storage that isn't accessed often, you don't need the extra speed
>>
>>100064304
bump for this
all the download helper/manager apps im trying on android just see the bunkr webpage as a webpage to download and not the video files contained within
>>
>>100065748
Should I get normal laptop HDD with separate case or just get already cased one?
>>
What's the best way to connect a CRT to modern computer?
>>
>>100065785
>For long term external storage
>asking about internal drives
bro just get a USB external HDD, you're going to unplug it and throw it in a drawer at some point so you don't really need a fancy connector
>>
>>100065786
Same as with LCD monitor but use converter cable on one that comes with the monitor. It depends on your setup.
If it's not TV, then just get DVI or VGA to HDMI converter (depending on your cable). Ebay, Amazon, and Aliexpress always got those for cheap.
>>100065843
Thanks in advance
>>
File: 1637371417224.gif (2 MB, 500x375)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
Need a new mobile browser. I used Bromite for years but it's severely out of date and now not blocking some ads/working for may services.

I liked having a dark mode, no ads, and no tracking/Google bullshit. I was told Firefox is good but I remember something being stupid about them I didn't go for before, and like Chromium based stuff. Any reason not to use Firefox? Alternatives, Brave stupid/tracks things or whatever?
>>
File: GSM module.jpg (184 KB, 1733x2101)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
What's the most gentooman way of building a tracker device? Would need
-4G LTE module
-GPS module (maybe bundled with 4G)
-pins for measuring battery voltage
-temperature and moisture sensor (optional)
-uploads the location etc data to a predefined server
What kind of computing power does a device like that need? Don't you need at least a Linux kernel?
>>
>>100062135
how can I wipe the printing off of an ABS keycap without absolutely destroying the plastic underneath and making it glossy?
>>
i think im going crazy, i cant boot into my fucking bios anymore because my screen stays dark.
i tried hammering esc and F1, even did the shift+restart thing and selected to restart into my bios but the screen simply stays dark and turns on standby mode.
once i hit enter a couple of times i guess im exiting the bios and the pc boots like normal again and the screen turns on once im on the windows login screen. but up until then the screen simply stays dark. what gives?
>>
File: mexpepe.jpg (9 KB, 202x249)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>Dogpile is not available in your Country.
>>
>>100062150
https://github.com/s-macke/SAM
>>
>>100062223
Doesn't matter, you either work for US company or live in poverty.
>>
>>100064436
WHy do you care tho?
>>
>>100064827
Most likely not.
>>
>>100064847
How would router help you in this case?
>>
>>100065230
Doesn't happen on my machine.
>>
>>100067039
esp8266
>>
>>100070678
Most people in the US already live in poverty though... We have a food supply that actively makes us sick, a society that stresses you out and dangles that food in front of you constantly, and a healthcare system that benefits off of the first too. I'd pick poor and overseas than poor and American.
>>
>>100071259
Question wasn't about most people or living in the US.
>>
>>100070746

What equipment is needed to extend it?
>>
can someone do something if they have the -H 'Client: 36aed15c-f2ca-.*' of my puter? yes im retarded, please anser
>>
My external drive won't eject. It always telling me it's still in use even when it's not. This happens most of the time when the wakes up from stand-by. I don't want to reboot or tun the computer off/on for this so I used diskpart. Now the drive is gone and appears to be "disconnected" but this is only digital/computer-side because the drive is physically still on/online. Wat do?
>>
>>100064847
i have no fucking idea if this will work, but i am waiting for this to arrive next week, will let you know how it works on /csg/ if you are interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_QM-uLaxj4
>>100073442
I assume linux ? does the drive turn off after a while and blinks its light to go off ?
>>
>>100073742

We need a better method to keep in touch...

What's the general idea of that one?
>>
>>100073997

Wait, I'll watch the video, sorry.
>>
when using the files app (the default google one) on android, how do i make video files automatically open with vlc when i single click on them?
>>
does anyone know chromecss code i could use to get rid of this at the top?
>>
do people build dedicated backup machines? im spending $150/yr for 2TB of cloud storage. tempted to spend $1500 on a 50TB NAS and keep it at friend's place so I can actually back up everything and not just the important stuff.
>>
when i searched for the acer care center app to see if i should get rid of this bloatware i became aware that a battery charge limit is apparently a thing which this app seems to be capable off
is this really necessary for laptops? when i search for it it seems to be mostly about phones but if i am to believe google it prolongs a laptop's battery life as well
first time i've heard of it desu
>>
My headset died, but I have a pair of bluetooth headphones/mic for my phone. Can I use my phone as a Bluetooth adapter for my PC like how you can bridge an internet connection?
>>
>>100070785
Something a smooth brain could actually apply to their vehicles?
>>
>>100070746
>>100072910
Technically those are just "wifi boxes" and a so called router can likely change sex and start functioning as a client. Some manufacturers call it "client bridge" or "media bridge" like Asus likes to call it.
>>
>>100074586
Sort of have that as I have two PCs. My actually relevant data is less than 200GB so wouldn't know about your 50TB NAS lmao.
>NAS
It all gets so blurry when you have a PC that's a
-desktop
-router
-server
-has a big HDD so it's a NAS too I guess
>>
So basically I have whole bunch of hard drives (differing sizes, but all connect through sata port) laying around and I want to put some media on them, how can I connect multiple hard drives to one machine? Looking to add up to 5 hard drives, and I don't really want to spend money on a NAS.
>>
>>100062135
hey that's mine
>>
GOD DAMMIT I JUST WANT A SIMPLE LIGHTWEIGHT BACKUP PROGRAM
I don't want cloud shit. I don't want automated shit. I don't want incremental shit.
I want a program. That lets me MANUALLY make a simple image backup of a hard drive to an external hard drive, that I can then access or recover my OS with as I please.
I don't want 5 fucking processes and services running at all times. I don't want my shit automatically backing up every day or week. Someone please tell me there's SOMETHING out there like this!?!?
>>
>>100075681
dd
>>
>>100074907
Go online and look for "vehicle trackers" then.
>>
>>100075541
If you don't have enough ports on the motherboard, get one of those RAID controllers.
>>
>>100076333
perfect, thanks.
>>
>>100076157
Fuck off I'm not using Memeux.
>>
>>100076333
Anything with port multipliers and you're asking for pain
if you want more than 4-5 ports you want a SAS HBA.
>>
File: 2+2.png (34 KB, 769x733)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>100076456
dd is literally exactly what you're asking for
>>
>>100062135
How do you get better battery life on a laptop besides turning down brightness and changing performance settings on battery?
>>
>>100076516
I'm not switching to a shitty OS just to use a command backup.
>>
If I have source code which was bundled with a certain library (and a makefile that linked to that library), but I'm able to modify the makefile to not link to the library, and it successfully compiles and seems to run, can I then safely say the binary doesn't actually need the library at all?
Or is it possible there's still some functions which will try to call the library later under certain conditions?
>>
>>100076716
Too retarded to use live OS?
>>
>>100077106
>Or is it possible there's still some functions which will try to call the library later under certain conditions?
If you have a source code you can easily check that.
>>
I want to record shit for my uni lectures but my computer fan gets recorded too. It's like half a meter away. It leaves an annoying RTRTRTRTRTRTRT sound in the background. Is there anything I can do besides moving the computer away further or turning down the gain? If I turn down the gain I'm incredibly silent and I don't know if that will fit the recording... I have no experiece with mics. I bought a shure and all the stuff you need and it sounds amazing but the computer is really annoying. I was told it's a mega silent mic that basically only records whats spoken directly into it but now it picks up the stupid fan. Anyway... Any ideas? I have an incredibly annoying room layout so putting it away further is kinda an issue since I'd likely trip over cables at night if not using it. I think it's a non issue for discord since It auto filters annying sounds by default and people said that I am silent without max gain too.
>>
do you have heat guns? i bought a cheap heat gun online and it started smoking on first use. is that normal?
>>
>>100076456
dism
>>
I want to convert to usb-c. I mean any usb device from now on needs to have usb-c, so that I can achieve my one cable dream. However shopping for a cable isn't as easy as I thought. Most PD cables are limited to usb 2.0 speeds, while high speed ones usually top at 60W which isn't ideal for laptops. Do I have to buy different cables for a specific purpose and just give up? Also is there a reading that will clarify this usb mess
>>
>>100077394
as you're finding out, lowering the gain is only going to reduce the ambient noise as much as it reduces what you actually want to pick up
lowering the load on the laptop so the fan doesn't need to spin as fast may help, or you can get a hypercardioid/shotgun mic to get more directionality to reduce pickup of the fan noise
>>
Better alternative to gmail? Does it matter if I use a desktop mail client? If so, which is the best e-mail service and e-mail client combo?
>>
>>100077907
proton ...probably
>>
File: 1713263272410360.jpg (71 KB, 562x815)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>100077619
damn... that kinda sucks. I don't want to buy another mic and I really like the sound in this one a lot. I guess I could just unmount it and record farther away
>>
>>100077394
Behold: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/guides/nvidia-rtx-voice-setup-guide/
>>
>>100077467
It is definitely not normal. No machine has a smoke coming out of it as a normal mode of operation; aside from smoke machine.
>>
>>100077586
lol
lmao
Having physical type-c connector doesn't mean shit.
I have AKG (so no no-name bullshit) headphones that have type-c port, but would only charge with type-c <-> type-a cable; any type-c charger is ignored by them.
>>
>>100070761
Do you have enough tabs to necessitate scrolling through them?
>>
>>100078272
Sure do.
>>
File: IMG_20240419_170610.jpg (3.54 MB, 3472x3154)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB JPG
>>100078249
you are right. through some way or another the metal part stuck to the plastic casing and melted into it. now what do i do with this piece of junk lmao
>>
>>100078282
And when you have the active tab in the middle, go to fullscreen, then back, nothing has moved?

I recently made a new profile and had this behavior on both.
>>
Is it crazy to believe that SSD failure is all part of planned failure by companies to make more money and that they could just switch 1 byte with another byte in the reserved space and these things would last forever?

And then also apply that same logic to every modern, non-mechanical computer part?
>>
File: 1713449810113197.jpg (16 KB, 647x607)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>100078249
A sentence for life.
>>
>>100078357
I NEVER had an ssd OR HDD fail on me. NEVER. I use still the HDD I bought in fucking 2015.
>>
>>100077467
Yes, it's normal. Also it's called a solder, not a heat gun
>>
>>100078379
>in fucking 2015
Wow... what an old-timer
>>
>>100078381
what, it is literally called a heat gun. or a hot air gun.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_gun
>>
>>100078340
Nope, everything stays where it was.
>>
>>100078287
Return it or if you can't disassemble to try and figure out what's wrong. Hot air gun is extremely simple tool, you should be able to fix it.
>>
>>100078357
>Is it crazy to believe that SSD failure is all part of planned failure by companies to make more money and that they could just switch 1 byte with another byte in the reserved space and these things would last forever?
Unless you're using an ancient SSD, it's more likely to fail due to the controller shitting itself than NAND running out of endurance.
>>
>>100078389
yeah? Nigga after 10 years you could slowly think about upgrading anyway
>>
>>100078448
i might, im just in contact with the online store i bought it from to see if we can talk about it, otherwise ill drop a bad review they wouldnt want that
>>
>>100076716
Switch? Boot up a live one.
Any so called 'live Linux installer' works as a great set of tools for whatever rescue operations.
(why doesn't Windows have live installer type of thing? what the Windows installer even is?)
>>
>>100078432
My bad, thought you were talking about a soldering iron
>>
>>100067610
>how can I wipe the printing off of an ABS keycap without absolutely destroying the plastic underneath and making it glossy?
anyone?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (121 KB, 1600x1600)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
so I have a live usb with parrot, it is 32 gigs.
when I set it up with persistence it was painfully slow, as was kali. it is a 3.0 one, in a 3.0 port, but it was slow.
so now I have it with no persistence and it is just fine
will changing it into a 8 gig flash drive with just like 3 gigs or less of persistence (I only need like my openvpn file to connect to HTB machines and my logins saved) make it work better ?
>>
>>100080101
check if when it runs with persistence enabled it is running the root filesystem from a ramdisk, otherwise it could be mounting the flashdrive as the root system which would explain the slowness.
>>
>>100078340
you might have a (install)file that sets things no matter what profile, try an ff install in another location
i'd guess from a range of ff 116 all the way down to ff 20 that this won't do what you mentioned
>>
File: 1708018509494445.png (170 KB, 382x354)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
best way to send a 500mb to 1.5gb file to someone on Instagram? dropbox/google drive?
>>
>>100078437
>>100080259
Actually, I've been unclear. Fullscreen of a video. I'll look for that install file thing.
>>
>>100080515
>Fullscreen of a video
Stays in place still.
>>
>>100080356
https://github.com/schollz/croc
https://github.com/magic-wormhole/magic-wormhole
>>
I built a new pc and moved my old one to my TV. My TV is a xbr-49x800d and a Google search tells me it's 3840x2160 pixels and 120hz. Do y'all recommend I change my pc aspect ratios to those pixel sizes from 1080p or just leave it?
>>
>>100066146
Fennec, Mull
>>
>>100068876
Does your computer have both integrated graphics and a graphics card? Maybe the BIOS is configured to only use the integrated graphics, but your monitor is attached to the descrete graphics.
>>
Anyone have experience with putting oleophobic coating on your phone?
>>
>>100076333
That isn't a RAID controller. It will give you more SATA ports but it won't appear as a single bootable device or have any onboard cache.
>>
>>100080882
Yes, use native resolution. Don't expect for games to run smoothly tho.
>>
File: file.png (360 KB, 1000x1000)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
i have one of these UGREEN external HDD 3.5 inch bays. the power adapter it comes with is a cheapo wall plug to "barrel" adapter. I'm trying to move away from having so many plugs different plugs and consolidating them all into 1 or 2 GaN wall plugs with usb c. Would getting a male usb c to barrel plug cable work for an external hdd bay like this?
>>
I'm in a wierd situation and I need to record a zoom meeting when all I have is a chromebook

Is there any way to do this? I've never used one of these stupid things before and apparently I can't just install OBS
>>
M2 or M3 macbook air? It's the only laptop I've found with a long enough battery life.
>>
>>100081820
huh, i didn't know you could get stuff like this off-the-shelf
sure, it'll work, as long as;
- it's the right size barrel jack
- the polarity is correct (often centre-positive, but not always so you should check)
- the voltage is correct
- the amps is at least what the device requires peak
>>
>>100081960
>record a zoom meeting
Zoom has an in-built record button that notifies participants the meeting is being recorded. Do you need to record without them knowing?
>>
>>100081960
if it doesn't need to be a good recording, you can always use your phone's camera and just just have it off to the side where it can't be seen
i don't have any software ideas since i've never used a chromebook or zoom
>>
>>100081820
>>100082054
alternatively if you like a diy approach, you can hack in a usb-c port directly with modules which negotiate usb-pd voltages and just output to solder pads
>>
>>100082049
M3 if you need to do 3D renders, the dedicated raytracing hardware of the M3 is great.

For everything else you'll be fine with the M2. Hell, even the M1 works perfectly fine.

>>100082054
Found this LTT vid about the exact topic and it looks like the only downside is that GaN chargers typically momentarily drop power to all connected devices when a new device is connected. I could get around this if im using 2 seperate GaN adapters since im planning on using this for Laptop + Steam Deck + Phone + external HDD enclosure + maybe a server laptop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZOe7aaiqqE
>>
>>100082193
i can't say i've specifically heard of GaN (gallium nitride?) chargers
>>
File: file.png (978 KB, 1500x1500)
978 KB
978 KB PNG
>>100082269
one of the areas that the chinese currently excel at are GaN chargers. They're basically high wattage chargers that are able to maintain the physical size of a normal charger because they dont use silicon transistors
>>
I bought a new monitor with HDR1000 support but its HDR function has some problems. If I turn HDR mode in the monitor menu but won't do it in Windows settings then colors are god-tier but it is literally painful to look at light scenes such as google search. On the other hand, if I enable both monitor and Windows HDR modes then brightness is okay but colors are washed out.
I tried calibrating it via the new microsoft tool but there's hardly been any effect. Now the only solution I can think of is writing some sort of script that reduces brightness after a hotkey is pressed. Any other options?
>>
>>100082069
>>100082101
turns out the built in chromeos screen recorder just works fine to get the zoom feed

easier then expected
>>
How trustworthy are used or refurb SSDs? I've always bought new, but I want to get a 4TB 990 Pro, and would like to stay below $300 USD with a refurbished one.
>>
>>100080955
fixed it, i have a second GPU installed, and despite it not being hooked up to anything the monitor just wont show anything during boot or in the bios and only light up once windows is fully loaded.
took out the GPU, did my bios setting changes, put it back in, wallah
>>
>go on /sqt/
>ask question
>ignored
>thread archived
>next /sqt/
>ask the same question
>0 replies
>thread archived
>...
is /sqt/ the most useless recurring thread on /g/
>>
File: 1713546613640.webm (950 KB, 460x834)
950 KB
950 KB WEBM
>>100083791
Perhaps your question is not stupid enough, or the image you used wasn't interesting.
>>
Where can I get the css script to update 4chanx heart icon to 4chan favicon one?
>>
File: many-such-cases.png (92 KB, 720x600)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>100083829
>or the image you used wasn't interesting.
yeah, I forgot about picrel
>>
>>100062996
For which board? Its plausible depending i the board
>>
i need to build a new pc. mine is so old! i am wondering whether i will be able to reuse my pc case though. it is the cooler master cm 690 ii advanced all the way back from fucking 2010. will that thing even fit a new mobo or did the atx stand-off screw positions change to screw me over? maybe the mounting screws on newer psus won't align?
>>
>>100082049
M3 on air overheats in heavy tasks. Don't do anything too demanding on it and you'll be fine.
>>
>>100084149
A case from 2010 is 100% compatible with modern parts.
>>
>>100083791
It's not your paid tech support tho.
Your question was too specific most likely.
If I ask here about resolving SIGSEGV while training BERT model on four A10G GPUs with dataset over 50Gb, I'm very unlikely to receive an answer too.
>>
>>100084209
Not with modern thermals, no. And definitely not with high-end GPUs -- they are too long.
>>
>>100084209
that is great news. one less part to worry about. thank you
>>
File: 1707808401263146.png (60 KB, 960x600)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
Desktop notifications suddenly stopped working in 4chan X. Anyone else having this issue?
>>
>>100084238
Nigga you smoking on the job again? 2010 wasn't limited to MiniITX.
>>
>>100084238
>>100084282
the case has a lot of mesh, so thermals shouldn't be an issue i believe. but he might have a point when it comes to today's high-end gpus. luckily i won't be putting in a high-end card. but i will be mindful of the measurements regardless. thanks for the input.
>>
>>100083920
Never mind copilot helped me a bit

.watch-thread-link {
background-image: url('https://s.4cdn.org/image/favicon.ico') !important;
background-size: cover !important;
}
>>
Anyone know of/use a good app to keep track of monthly expenses and that allows you to input bills and charges you'll have to pay in the future and warns you when the deadline for one is approaching?
I know you could theoretically do that on a regular calendar app but I'm looking for one geared specifically towards the financial aspect and with some qol like maybe a checklist or something like that.
>>
File: 1713550064878.png (255 KB, 1129x895)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
>>100084711
KMyMoney
>>
>>100084832
Will give it a look, thanks.
>>
>>100084272
4CX appears to be dead, try this fork:
https://github.com/TuxedoTako/4chan-xt
>>
if i plug my phone via a qc cable and brick and put it on a wireless charger at the same time, will it charge four times faster?
>>
>>100077907
A free alternative? iCloud, Proton, Tuta, Outlook.
Whether any of these are better than Google... probably not.
Proton's IPs are often spam-filtered. Tuta will nuke your account if you don't login like once a month etc.
>>
>>100085095
It works for me, I tried 4XT, it doesn't request a permission for notifications, it doesn't seem to poke firefox for that either.
>>
>>100085124
Battery charging on good phones is thermally limited, so no. Plug it into a charging cable and put a beer on top.
>>
Is it possible to test 4k resolution performance on a 1440p monitor? I have a 7800xt and VSR sounds like what I need. However is it at all comparable to 'true' 4k in terms of performance?
>>
>>100085845
It'll be as demanding on your GPU. But it won't look as good as it would on a 4k monitor.
>>
>>100085845
Stupid question indeed.
Set resolution to 4k, doesn't matter what kind of screen you have.
>>
>>100084711

just use quickbooks
>>
File: 1557249569284.png (95 KB, 798x490)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>100062135
Patreon is geoblocked where I live, and recently access through Tor is denied.
I'm assuming the answer to this is to use a VPN to connect through another country, but the question is, how?
There are dozens of tutorials and guides and software which make it unnecessarily confusing. Can somebody give me a simple (hopefully free) solution please?
>>
>>100085895
I'm not bothered how it looks, I was just curious what kind of 4k performance I have is all.
>>
>>100086147
1. Pick any VPN you like
2. Follow guide on their website
3. Continue throwing money at internet talking heads as before
>>
>>100086367
I don't know where you got the idea that I "throw money" anywhere online and that doesn't sound like a free solution either.
>>
>>100086493
First link in the search. I know it's stupid questions thread, but I think it should be renamed into "learned helplessness thread".
https://account.protonvpn.com/signup?plan=free&currency=EUR&ref=upsell
>>
>>100062135
I am looking for a video software that can do the following,

>play video
>select 2 to 10 images or videos to overlay on the main video
>click or hit key to switch the overlayed image/video
>hit a key bound to another image/video overlay option and it switches
>>
>>100086622
Does not exist. I don't know what kind of gooning setup you have in mind, but you have to do it yourself. Ask in mpv thread, they are like that.
>>
How can I quicky check through my cookies which sites I'm actually logged on?
I have thousands/tens of thousands of cookies on my browser.
>>
File: 1603099116725.png (250 KB, 376x475)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>>100086581
If I didn't want a /g/ answer then I wouldn't bother asking and mindlessly pick whatever dodgy shit appears on a search like le NordVPN or whichever sponsors my ebin yootoobers. I'm going to rephrase my question next time, perhaps put an essay instead.
No need to be so passive-aggressive, you're not obliged to answer if you think the question is dumb. Hell your solution isn't free either.

Thanks for answering anyway. I pray you have a better weekend.
>>
>>100086689
I have big basedjak ideas
>>
>>100086834
>i want a vpn
>here's one
>no, not like that
You indeed should've phrased your question better.
>>
Are internet speed test reliable? Upload in particular if that matters.
>>
File: 1711084271660632.gif (1.35 MB, 272x340)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB GIF
How am I supposed to use icc/icm color profiles? There's one that comes with the driver for my monitor. The monitor has display modes for SRGB and Adobe RGB and some presets, should I just set it to SRGB and install the color profile and forget about it? I thought color profiles were something you created yourself with a calibrating device. Everything looks very saturated without the profile, but I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be or not.
>>
File: 4vvc3rqihve61.png (702 KB, 1069x874)
702 KB
702 KB PNG
what would be the go to tool for automating stuff based on display change? say a click triggers if a button changes from red to white
>>
>>100086147
protonVPN has USA servers in the free tier
>>
>>100083791
what is your question?
>>
is there a workaround to running steam on w7 yet?
>>
Is there any way to have a VPN where only certain programs use it?
I want to have Firefox open and not be blocked on a bunch of sites while I'm torrenting.
Another problem I have is that Stremio (used to stream from torrents) has no option to bind to a specific interface, so I'd like some way to force it to always use the VPN instead of the network adapter.
>>
>>100088906
yeah you can bypass vpn with most clients in the settings, i used it to connect to multiple clients who had their own vpns without using vms
>>
>>100088906
>Is there any way to have a VPN where only certain programs use it?
yeah the feature is called 'Split Tunneling'
>>
I have a movie on DVD, but it doesn't come with the subtitles I need. Is there a way to add my own subtitles?
>>
>>100088964
if you rip it, then yes you can add a subtitle track to the video file which could then be burned to a new DVD, but adding it to the existing DVD itself I don't know
>>
how do I set up Taiga to auto download anime episodes?
>>
how can i improve my browsing/server speed?

Browsing is super slow and my server is super slow so i figure they'd both speed up with wifi improvements?
>>
>>100089147
its a t420 with ubuntu 18, it's all stock hardware
>>
what exactly is the difference in use cases between irc and discord? i've used both years back and remember feeling the same way about not liking instant group communication, but i see the former having a far more positive reception.
as someone who isn't going to like instant communication anyway, if i wanted to set up a small discussion place between a group of like 5-15 people, is there really a difference between one or the other? i haven't used either in many years so i don't have any knowledge of how they currently are.
>>
>>100089455
irc = text server hosted by some guy in his basement
discord = multimedia chat server with ability to do voice chat, host/link rich content, etc all hosted, owned, and monitored in centralized discord servers
>>
>>100089480
I trust my basement bro moar
>>
File: 1712718673905925.jpg (157 KB, 736x1046)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>100062135
Thread is pretty much kill, so I'll ask here >>100087269
>>
If I wanted to use CPU/GPU die shots of real hardware in a video game I am developing, could I do that? Or, could I design a level with the same layout as a real CPU, as seen in a die shot?

I'm just wondering where the line is with copyright shit.
>>
Do I buy a Steamdeck/Ally now and buy a midtier laptop next year or do I buy a better laptop now and grab the Ally2/Legion2 next year
>>
dumb question: how the heck do I flash an iso to a USB from XFCE? I can't find a disk utility
>>
>>100090265
Use the cmd line, it's easier.
>linuxconfig.org/burning-cds-over-the-internet-with-or-without-iso-image
Also learn to use goolag
>google.com
>>
>>100090315
gracias for link
>>
Can you set yt-dlp to start downloading a livestream at a certain time?

I have a live stream I want to download but it doesn't start until about 9 hrs from now. Its not on the listed on the channel either, they announced the stream on twitter.
>>
anyone else can't click buttons on youtube player in chrome anymore?
>>
>>100090553
AFAIK you'd at least need the link. You can then "yt-dlp **YOUTUBELINK** --live-from-start" it.
>>
File: gardening pepe.png (148 KB, 610x388)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
Is there a way I can download a Fluid Player video onto a mac without installing Flow Player?
>>
>>100090553
>>100090684
Just in case someone needs the solution, I found it.

You need to use the yt-dlp option --wait-for-video [time in seconds to retry] and use the YouTube channel link with /live at the end.

Example: yt-dlp --wait-for-video youtube.com/channelID/live
>>
>>100090231
If you need a laptop, buy a laptop. Handheld game consoles aren't laptop substitutes. They're stuck on 16GB, weird shape, no keyboard, shit battery life.
>>
>>100090889
I need both honestly. If I bought a handheld now then I'd offload all my gaming to it and use my aging laptop for less intensive tasks that wouldnt require power then upgrade later when I can afford it.

If I bought a better laptop now then I'd do my gaming+work related stuff on it and probably wait for newer iterations of handhelds to come out.

I havent seen good sales/deals for either right now though
>>
>>100090877
That's good to know, I'll save your post. Thanks.
>>
Did yt dl just stop working? I was in the middle of watching a video, and now I can't get any youtube link to work.
>>
Is it possible to connect my desktop computer to my laptop and use the laptop screen as screen for my desktop computer without much affort? I mean by only using software and adapters? Or at least share the laptop screen with my desktop computer?
>>
what's the difference between com port, rs232, uart, and serial?
>>
File: ttl-serial-console.jpg (1.09 MB, 2048x1152)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>100091648
>com port
>serial
>uart
Can mean anything, likely RS232. But if the context is single board computers, expect TTL instead of 232.
TTL is a serial line but 5 or 3.3 volts and a ground instead of the dinosaur 232 that uses minus and plus 12 volts for signalling.
>>
>>100092581
>dinosaur 232 that uses minus and plus 12 volts for signalling
Nah that's peecee weenie shit. Old Testament RS232 is +/-15V
>>
File: 94968367.png (228 KB, 578x478)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
How come my phone with NFC can read my bank card but not my gym card?
>>
File: motionjak_03.webm (1.35 MB, 1014x880)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB WEBM
>>100086622
>>100086689
>>100087051
I made my own tool :)
>>
>>100092662
>Old Testament RS232 is +/-15V
Oh, extra info? And is that compatible with 12 volts? I mean does a 15V signalling system recognize 12V? Wasn't ATX' minus 12 specifically for the serial stuff?
>>100092690
Maybe the gym card isn't a standard RFID.
>>
I talked my normie coworkers into switching from Pisscord to Matrix but I've only ever used it for text and never had a space of my own. How the fuck do you let everyone start a voice call in a room? I found two "send msc3401.call events" permissions and set them to Default but only I can start a call, everyone else gets an error. Using Element if it wasn't obvious.
>>
>>100090265
literally just DD it, "flashing" is a no brainer process (unless you need conversions and shit like with Windows installers)
>>
>>100088906
It's an OS level trick so start by telling us what youre using.
>>
>>100085845
Performance? Are you talking about decoding a 4k video? afaik decoding is just as demanding regardless if the output was scaled down.
>>100088031
Yes(?) They essentially test the weakest link between you and the test server. Try different speed test or locations to see if there's any variance.
>>100089147
You like gave zero info. Where's the server and what does Wi-Fi have to do with this?
>>
>>100062135
>buy brother printer
>set it up on the wifi
>every so often see it receiving data
Am i being paranoid? I dont see any unknown devices on the nextwork but I dont think its getting updates either.
>>
>>100093232
Does it have a system clock? If it does it's likely syncing it.
Does it have a firmware upgrade system? If it does, it's likely checking for available updates.
>>
>>100093275
yes on the system clock unknown on the firmware update
>>
>>100088192
AutoHotKey
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=92013
>>
>>100090147
>CPU/GPU die shots of real hardware
No, unless permitted by the author of the shot.
>could I design a level with the same layout as a real CPU
Yes.
>>
>>100091641
I haven't looked into software, but by using USB capture card plugged into the laptop you can sorta achieve that.
>>
>>100093633
>>
>>100092832
That's the /g/ I would like to visit! Good job, anon.
>>
>>100092838
The absolute state of freetards, lmao.
>>
>>100093652
Good luck with your game, anon.
>>
>>100092690
NFC is a subset of RFID and operates at a frequency of 13.56MHz. Your gym card doesn't use NFC but instead some other RFID frequency (125KHz is most common). Since phones only support NFC it won't detect it.
>>
>>100090265
Format the flash drive to FAT32 if it isn't already, then extract the ISO to it.
Don't do it like >>100092907 a retard.
>>
>>100085845
yes, how depends on your os/driver. like on linux you can use xrandr to set the framebuffer to 4k regardless of monitor resolution, on windows/amd its' driver control panel has a virtual super resolution option, and nvidia likely the same under another name
>>
File: FAT32-NTFS-exFAT.png (118 KB, 1920x1080)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>100094534
>Format the flash drive to FAT32 if it isn't already, then extract the ISO to it.
Windows installers come with file(s) larger than 4GiBs, have to go for NTFS. Don't ask me why it works, afaik EFI isn't supposed to read NTFS.
Maybe they added the support for convenience?
>>
>>100086147
i heard tor bridges are made for this purpose, for when tor in its' default configuration doesn't work
>>
>>100062135
mkdir Foo\ &\ Bar

Can someone dissect this command for me? I was trying to interrupt the space to make a pretty folder name (but clearly forgot the second backslash), and ran this instead. What did it do?
>>
>>100062135
anyone know if there's a good http client lib for c++ that supports http/2 and http/3 worst comes to worst 2 separate libs would work too.... boost.beast only supports http1/.1
>>
>>100088964
find the subtitles you need from some website, there's a number of them
then you can either;
- open the dvd and subtitle file in a media player, this isn't permanent, but if you don't mind opening both when you want to view it, that's the easiest way
- use makemkv to make a remux of the dvd, then mkvtoolnix gui to add the subtitle file to the remux. this results in a single file of the movie with the subtitles added in
- if you want to add the subtitles to the dvd in such a way that you can then burn it to a new dvd-r and have it act like the original dvd, this is complicated, you may be able to use a dvd authoring tool to mux in converted subtitles, or maybe just mux them into the vobs directly, i'm not certain as i haven't tried that, i haven't had a need to edit an existing dvd structure so i don't know what software might be able to do that
>>
>>100094834
>EFI isn't supposed to read NTFS.
efi isn't required to read ntfs, big difference
there's nothing stopping a vendor adding an ntfs driver to their efi implementation, in fact sometimes people even add their own efi drivers to their firmware
like for example someone has made a btrfs efi driver, which you could add to your motherboard firmware so it can boot directly from a btrfs volume instead of needing a separate fat32 one
>>
>>100094834
>Windows installers come with file(s) larger than 4GiB
Sounds like a problem with Microsoft, not with my method.
The UEFI specification is clear that it MUST be FAT32, so the best course of action is to have a FAT32 partition for UEFI booting, and a second NTFS partition for storing the Windows .wim and associated files.
>>
>>100095242
wim supports splitting, so you can just split it as well
> wimsplit 
Usage:
wimsplit WIMFILE SPLIT_WIM_PART_1 PART_SIZE_MB [--check]
>>
>>100095431
This begs the question, why were Microsoft such cunts to not split it on their image.
>>
>>100095444
same reason they still haven't bothered making their iso's hybrid like linux iso's have been since forever, which allows them to be written directly to a usb drive and work
... i don't know
really, i don't get it, i could understand it back when people mainly used dvd's, but now everyone is expected to use usb, and they've made absolutely no effort to actually make them suitable for putting them on usb drives
>>
>>100095444
>>100095458
to my knowledge microsoft has only officially used split wims for windows install media once, for the (apparently rare) 5 cd version of vista
>>
is there a program that will let me see all the hardware in my pc? i know of speccy for example, but i wanted to see psu and fans as well or is that impossible to detect through a software
>>
Very new to modding. Is it possible to mod an Xbox 360 with a USB stick so I can download games 360 to its HDD from the internet and play them from there or will that require sodering or bootleg discs or something else?
>>
>>100095813
360 is one of the more annoying consoles to mod. There's no software solution, you have to solder something.
>>
File: 11456456654.jpg (34 KB, 524x385)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
What is the minimum/maximum percent cpu in power plans settings in windows?
What is 100%? What is 0%?
Is it a percent of the overall clock speed of the fastest core? The number of cores?
>>
>>100096124
100% is all CPUs at max clock speed and utilization. 0% is all CPUs idle.
>>
>>100095501
hwinfo
>>
>>100095947
No shit? I thought I'd heard about this JTAG thing that made it no problem. But if I did solder it, would I be able to do what I said? Downloading games to USBs from the internet and playing them from there or installing them to the HDD and playing it from there and not have to mess around with burning discs?
>>
>>100092964
Thanks it's just that I read that ISPs can allow more broadband on some of these sites skewing the results but I don't know anything about this
>>
>>100096653
JTAG is old as shit and won't work any more. RGH is current and recently got made much easier with RGH3, but there's still soldering involved. If you do that you can download games and install them from a USB.
>>
>>100062135
I am looking for a hugo theme that looks like a suckless type site.
>>
>>100096856
Thanks for the info, man. How much does having the machine soldered hurt it or lower its lifespan or whatever, do you know?
>>
>>100093655
thank you it feels so nice to have made that
>>
I want to degoogle. Is selfhosting email still infeasible? Do I really need to pay $50 a year for fastmail with my domain?
>>
4chanx filter questions
is it possible to filter text in a catalog but let it show in threads? so i could filter ">for me it's" so it doesn't show up when i'm browsing in a catalog, but it would show up inside threads.
is it possible to filter certain words but ONLY that word? so i could filter "fit" but not "misfits" or "fitting" or "outfits".
is it possible to filter certain words so they don't show up, but other words are just stubbed (or shadowed out, like in desuarchive)?
>>
>>100073742
>>100073997
I know someone with one of those and yes it works.
>>
>>100097245
it's like $14/year on namecheap
>>
Is there any way to get yewtube (https://github.com/mps-youtube/yewtube) history to be more like ytfzf? The latter shows me every video i've watched with the exact time and date, but yewtube just shows that i've seen certain videos with no additional information
I'd switch over to ytfzf for that alone but the project's discontinued and takes way longer to pull videos.
>>
I'd like to prevent access to folders or hard drives. Because of AVs, of course. Basically, put them behind a password.
What's most simple way to do that? I'm using Windows. I know I could use Bitlocker as it's natively built-in into Windows, but I honestly don't want to encrypt everything, it's overkill. Besides it only works on an entire drive, I think.
>>
File: what.png (2 KB, 303x113)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
does anyone know what the orange line represents? not sure i've noticed it before. i'm experiencing system instability and display issues during those moments with heavy artifacting. i actually posted before about my issue. just took out the gpu and am now running off the igpu to see if the issues still persist.

didn't actually get any error messages except that one time where anki crashed and it said some nvidia dll crashed. a fresh driver install did not help.

anyway, orange line in the graph?
>>
File: 1701255980656270.png (13 KB, 320x293)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>100097289
You can do op only on your filters like
/turn that shit/i;boards:mu;op:only
As far as I know /test/i will only filter test not tests
>>
Does anyone know how to stop Firefox from purging my tabs to save memory? I absolutely despise this. I use 4chan-xt and it will stop updating all the threads I have open in different tabs so I won't know if there are replies.
>>
>>100097740
oh yeah, sorry i already knew about op:only i'm not sure how i forgot just now.
but i tested with /orang/i and it still filtered the above post, so it looks like it doesn't work that way unfortunately.
>>
>>100097740
you should know that the forward slashes surrounding the regex is just syntax and not part of the evaluation. like say "/mag/i ..." will match anything with "mag" in it, not just "/mag/", for example "magnet", "image", "magnify", "magic", etc
if you want to match specifically "/mag/", you need to use "/\/mag\//"
>>100097289
>is it possible to filter certain words but ONLY that word? so i could filter "fit" but not "misfits" or "fitting" or "outfits".
"\bfit\b", the \b means word boundary, so it can't match part of a word
>is it possible to filter certain words so they don't show up, but other words are just stubbed (or shadowed out, like in desuarchive)?
stub:no, stub:yes
>>
I need to install a larger hard disk/SSD in my laptop and I need a painless way to move all the files/settings/passwords/whatever into that new disk, so I don't end up having to scrounge through old disk to find/move stuff. I got an external connection USB cable. Windows 10.
Is there a way?
>>
>>100096157
So 50% is half the cpu cores idle?
>>
>>100098377
connect both discs to the machine, boot up linux and clone the old drive to the new one
>>
>>100098387
Either that, or all the cores running at 50% utilization. That might happen if you're throttling.
>>
>>100095501
>psu and fans
no
>>
>>100097643
WOuld be easier to tell if we knew what exactly is that graph to begin with.
>>
>>100098377
Clonezilla
>>
>>100098602
you know, the graph
>>
>>100098612
I see, will it help with Windows reinstall or will I have to do it manually?
>>
File: out.jpg (1.26 MB, 1668x2298)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>100098602
>>100098633
oh yeah, sorry. it's the cpu load. system freezes, screen might go black or all digital noise freeze frame a couple of seconds, fans spin up, after that systems usually continues to work. a program might crash. had certain elements displayed wrong a split second before it happens too. like the mouse cursor suddenly displaying in a mirrored fashion.

anyway, took out the gpu now. hasn't happened since. took at apart somewhat. does pic related look like potential hardware failure? i'm not that knowledgeable obviously. is that a leak?
>>
Is there a subscription manager that can shut off all subscriptions with a single click or toggle them individually? May as well be a password manager too since it would know all of them.
>>
File: out2.jpg (1.18 MB, 1743x2175)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>100098743
midway through cleaning with iso
>>
>>100062135
https://web.archive.org/web/20171116080607/http://www.pure-pro.com/pdf/RS-108-installation.pdf
Guys we have one of these filters in our house and I'm skeptical about it.
>infra-red filter
>ultraviolet filter
is this legit?
>>
>>100098770
i will say it came off almost entirely and i can't see any damage to the area. board looks pretty much mint now. do those even leak?
>>
>>100098563
OK, guess I'll test the 0%.
Thanks.
>>
>>100098809
no, ceramic capacitors don't leak, as there is no liquid in them to leak
only electrolytic capacitors can leak, as they contain a liquid electrolyte
>>
>>100092833
A RS232 port is supposed to be able to tolerate +/-25V. It's not super precise business. Like a lot of USB adapters are only 3.3-5V signaling and still work with 12V PC systems.
>Wasn't ATX' minus 12 specifically for the serial stuff?
Yeah, but it was supposed to lower the unit cost of PCs by making serial ports cheaper. They weren't interested in adding a +15V rail to rangemaxx like industrial gear.
>>
>>100098791
i don't know what effect infrared radiation has on water, outside of heating
ultraviolet radiation however is a good way to sterilise water
>>
>>100098890
i see. thanks. so far i'm not experiencing an issues since removing the gpu. maybe it's dead. or the pci-e port died on me. i'll give it some time. see what happens. a replacement should be hard to find as this pc is really old. i don't think i can get a compatible gpu new anymore. i'm one of those lunatics that's still running win7 and i know that's insane. i want to upgrade but not right now. i have so much else on my plate atm. anyway thanks for the input

also, i'm back to 60hz right now bc igpu. that shit sucks
>>
Best alternative to Bing DALL-E 3?

I'm trying to generate some elf portraits for a DND campaign but they keep intentionally making them African for some weird reason.
>>
does pouring bleach on hard drive platters damage them? 100% of comments i've seen on the internet says no and that is a common misconception after hillary clinton used bleachbit on her server but chatgpt says bleach can damage the platters
>>
>>100097643
>>100098743
while i don't know what program that graph belongs to, it could be something like kernel time or I/O wait time
I/O wait time means the cpu is held up because of I/O (disc access)
kernel time means the cpu is spending time on kernel processes, such as drivers
and excess of either could indicate a problem, but by itself it's not necessarily bad, it depends on the circumstances
>>
>>100099017
na it's a good way to kill viruses, but you need to let it soak in a dilute solution for a day or two
don't forget to wipe them down with a lint-free cloth afterwards, inside-to-outside, not a circular pattern
>>
>>100099065
you see i had an old hard drive and i unscrewed most of it but one of the screws holding the platters was stuck too hard so instead of just destroying the plates i did all sorts of weird things to damage them as much as i could, besides soaking it in bleach i scratched the platters, colored them with whiteout and disassembled the magnetic arm and pcb board. still feel like i fucked up
>>
>>100099103
oh you were trying to destroy them, i was just joking
a lot of hdd platters are made of glass, despite how metallic they look, try giving them a whack with a hammer
>>
>>100099211
it's too late i already threw it, didn't have a hammer at hand

i just wanted to know if the bleach can corrode the magnetic surface of the platter, chatgpt claims even whiteout can do this. regardless i also scratched it but i'm curious to know
>>
File: 1693504534029494.jpg (430 KB, 1000x1280)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
I have a tool that lets me download youtube videos, but I would have to grab all the URLs manually and plug them in which is very annoying. How can I just get a big plaintext paste so I can plug it in and begin backing up a channel's content?
>>
>>100099019
oh, it's definitely bad when it happens. thanks for the explanation.
today i actually saw that nvidia release a new driver from kepler gpus (which mine is) specifically for win7 and 8 as late as february of this year - and that it supposedly adresses some security issues, though that might just be the fact that the driver was sha-2 signed.
>>
>>100098368
shit man thanks, that's just what i needed.
>>
i torrented a game but i need to crack it. how can i keep seeding it, if i replace the files then i can't seed it anymore, but it's a 100gb game i dont wanna stop seeding just for the replaced .exe
is there anyway i can seed the rest and ignore the changed files?
>>
>>100099687
just make a reflink of it
>>
>>100099708
what is that and how do i do it. im on linux btw
>>
>>100099721
cp --reflink source dest

this makes a copy of the files only they share the same space on disc until you change one of them, but only the changes take up additional space
you do need a filesystem that supports reflinks though, such as btrfs
>>
>>100062135
I have 10 RTX 360s sitting around. Used to mine, but no longer can. Any projects I could build in the LLM arena w/ these?
>>
can ffmpeg rename metadata keys while keeping the original value
the value is dynamic so can't be set manually every time
>>
can glowies track you in real time using your bank card chip? what measures should you take to prevent this
>>
>>100101055
Real time, no, although it will let visa or mastercard know how much you spend and from whom. Besides, they've already got a method of knowing where everyone is by cell phone tracking.
>>
>>100062135
retard here, why doesnt this shit fucking work?
void clear_blanks(char *str) {
int i, j;

/* find how many blank spaces there are */
for (; isblank(*(str+i)); i++);

/* move the string back by i chars */
while (*(str+j)!='\n' || *(str+j)!='\0') {
*(str+j)=*(str+i+j); // init of str+j (steps taken) equal str+i (spaces until first alphanum)+j (steps taken)
j++;
}
}
>>
>>100101188
gdb says mistake is in
*(str+j)=*(str+i+j);
>>
>>100062135
Best way/program to backup necessary shit and programs to another drive when doing a clean reinstall of windows (10)?
>>
>>100101209
why don't you just use i+1 for the next character instead of that shit
>>
>>100101355
because i like that shit
>>
can anon test if this works?

2m2ebnwffydmcnxmb4hhgjh5eqt4cb4k2wxhffvyrzq37a33x7oq.
b32.i
2p
>>
>>100098743
Looks like heat damage from components on the other side of the board.
>>
>>100101291
dd
or freefilesync idk
>>
>>100062135
I printed an A4 template, addet some details on it and scanned it back into my pc, so i can work on it again. But this fucker scanns it 5% larger then what i saved/printed. How is this shit possible?!
>>
Ryzen 5 5500u or i5 11th gen?
>>
>>100102408
i5 is slightly better.
>>
>update bios firmware
>Computer restarts
>Black screen for a long time
>Remove cmos battery and unplug
>Still black screen

I'm fucked aren't I?
>>
>>100098664
You don't have to reinstall windows with it, it just makes a carbon copy of your old drive on your new drive, byte for byte.
>>
>>100099761
What the fuck, this changes everything.
Thanks, anon.
NTA, BTW.
>>
>>100100085
You can do distributed learning with them. If you manage to set it up from scratch, you can apply for mid to senior ML/dev ops position easily.
Can't train anything too fun tho -- memory too low.
>>
>>100101055
Card chip is passive, so unless they physically go side by side with you, they cant. And a that point they can just, you know, see you.
>>
>>100101291
Copy-paste. Really.
>>
>>100102188
Your scanner had wrong scale settings.
>>
>>100102666
>update something that worked already
why tho
If it's AM5 just let it sit for 15-20 minutes, it's most likely retraining RAM.
>>
>>100092964
the wifi is relevant because browsing is the only other thing that's slow on my computer

and if im editing files on the server it's always super slow too so it figure the problem is related, like i dont have enough bandwidth or something, like i said, its a t420 with ubuntu 18
>>
File: speakeramp.jpg (260 KB, 848x1316)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
how would you rate this setup? Cheap INSIGNIA speakers + some equally cheap small amp from Amazon
>>
Briefcase Laptops.

Cool or No?
>>
Hello does anyone here know of a way to stream Android audio to Windows? FOSS would be better but not required
>>
>>100103397
Probably not worth buying new speakers that cheap. You can get some off a thrift shop for no money and save for decent ones. Don't use chinkamp power adapters. Get a universal from Walmart/Onn, Cyberpower, or some other big brand that isn't going to sell housefire shit. Old laptop power bricks can work too.
>>
>>100103728
https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy
>>
>>100103397
What for? For garage and if you don't want to buy used -- sure.
>>
>>100103572
Around heelys level of coolness.
>>
>>100103397
Wonder what the actual wattages are with those amps. 2 to 5 watts(?)
But yeah, rather get those instead of an "active speaker"
>>
How much of a security concern is a USB hub?
>>
>>100104084
A lot of those can do a substantial fraction of their output rating if not 100%. Class D chipamps are very good now. You can pull the chip's datasheet and get a ballpark idea of what voltage and cooling you'd need. Even the bare chips can do 10-20W.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.