[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1712679287866223.jpg (178 KB, 1668x1052)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
Taxes edition

>Interviewing
https://leetcode.com/study-plan/leetcode-75
Tips and interview practice: https://blog.interviewing.io/

>Resume Stuff
https://www.careercup.com/resume

>Salary Stuff
"What's your expected salary?": https://www.fearlesssalarynegotiation.com/salary-expectations-interview-question/
Negotiation advice: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/how-not-to-bomb-your-offer-negotiation-c46bb9bc7dea/
Salary data: https://levels.fyi/

Don't disclose your current salary to recruiters.

>Layoffs
https://layoffs.fyi/

>Helpful YouTube Channels
https://www.youtube.com/@ContinuousDelivery
https://www.youtube.com/@EngineeringwithUtsav
https://www.youtube.com/@ByteByteGo (systems design at a high level)
https://www.youtube.com/@ycombinator (if you're doing a startup)
https://www.youtube.com/@hnasr (for studying backed architecture)

Previous thread: >>100073541
>>
File: 130954 - SoyBooru.png (33 KB, 749x660)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>put on a waitlist after 3 rounds of interviews
>>
>went through three rounds of interviews just to center a div
>>
>>100087596
this joke is long deprecated since flex
>>
>>100087508
Explain Lina's hammer?
>>
>>100087621
how do I justify my content as a tech worker general anon
>>
>>100087648
open dev tools and click the icons until the shit is centered
then copy paste the css into your code
>>
>>100087654
How will this shit not get replaced by AI
>>
File: 20221118_191422.jpg (159 KB, 1200x900)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>
i did like 25 hours of genuine work this week. probably a 6 month record or so.
>>
does linkedin matter? I have 2 connections
>>
What are "Analyst" roles? Stuff like Data Analyst, System Analyst. From some job descriptions I've seen it sounds like a shitty nodev job where i just write reports all day. But others say I need experience in python and other shit? I'm confused.
>>
File: 1698043731173851.gif (1.36 MB, 498x277)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB GIF
Got rejected after a phone screen...... Also heard that same company has started firing/layoffs as of today. You have to be fucking kidding me.
>>
>>100088297
You plug stats into python and use tableau and excel to visualize the stats you have. Its a math job with some scripting and you could be hired by many companies for many reasons but more likely to be hired if you know the field.
Eg you have a stats degree, know python and like cars = DA for an auto company.
>>
File: GLdTb85acAAo3Wy.jpg (96 KB, 1125x738)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
my company is going through a bunch of financial shit and changes recently, and my boss just announce a team bonding event for my team that we get to pick out and they pay for it. they're trying so hard to retain us right now lol. I don't think we've ever had a comped event like this before
>>
File: 1711331075309520.jpg (1.42 MB, 1235x1727)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>100088297
idk about other roles but as a security analyst I do basically a bit of everything in regards to security shit. I'm like a henchman
>>
my day
be so fine
then BOOM
h1b coworker
>>
>>100088441
Time to get your life vest because your ship is taking on water. Jump ship before they get to fuck you over.
>>
>>100088520
I already polished my resume, going to start applying soon lol. over the last year our company has laid off close to 25% of our workforce if it gives you any indication of how retarded they are as a small company. I work security so I at least have a bit more job stability than other departments
>>
>>100088462
>I'm like a henchman
Nice description. I started (and technically still am) in QA but carved out my own area as a security engineer and love all the different bullshit that I'm exposed to. Now just waiting for my mentor/lead to retire and I'll have all the power.
>>
>>100088326
give name
>>
Should gays be hired
>>
File: 1c6.png (333 KB, 1190x1188)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
Was dry all month then 3 recruiters reached out to me this week.
WAGMI
>>
File: wtf.png (6 KB, 696x108)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
wtf is even the point anymore

Entry level btw
>>
what would you do differently to earn more money in tech if you could go back in time?
>>
>>100088988
KEK
Paid micro projects are a scam, sometimes it's a way to get labor out of interviewers. As in, the company needs something done for their product but they have no bandwidth so they get an interviewer to do it for pennies.

Name and shame?
>>
My resume is so fucking ass I feel physical pain looking at it.
>>
>>100088965
yes, inshallah. they will not fall to stacy's tricks
>>
>>100089197
mines it pretty neat but its getting 0 attention in this market

t. new grad
>>
>>100089197
>>100089216
you know what to do
>>
>>100089197
If you post your sanitized resume people here will give advice (or roast you if it's that bad)
Well maybe not on Friday night but some of us will
>>
I dunno bros.

I'm an old cunt with a lot of experience. I started a new job not even a month ago and I already cut my company's cloud spending bill by 30%, which is way above how much they pay me, and I'm on track to save them even more money.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing magical monkey man.

Will they fire me? I don't care, my personal fanances are doing fantastic.

t. devsecfinops ninja rock star
>>
File: wmdrew.png (316 KB, 397x582)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
>>100089197
speaking of resume's, how many tools is too much to list? I've been working at a MSP and my list of tools looks like batman's utility belt at this point. should I just group them by type?
>>
>>100089245
anon u have to hide ur powers and act strategically, or else u will end up like the other anons who worked hard but got nothing
>>
>>100089229
do what? enjoy my free time by making side projects that will milllions will enjoy?

t. new grad
>>
>>100089245
I did this too and no one cares. you have to limit yourself. as cool as it is that you are saving them money its upsetting that you are competent. you should just be a productive slave and not rock the boat in their eyes
>>
>>100089216
The whole point of a resume is to get attention
>>
>>100089245
Should have started mining BTC on EC2 instances to make up for the 30% loss
>>
I had to go to a DEI (i.e. whitey bad) meeting this week
>>
>>100088326
My waifu
>>
>>100089295
Honestly, I don't even work hard. I don't know. I'd been doing this a long time. I just say some shit that seems fairly logical and obvious to me and people eat it right up and give me praise. But I just say obvious shit I think.
>>
>>100088326
consequences of posting chinese pedo cartoons
>>
Yesterday my coworker was amazed by me. He said I did something that even the higher ups couldn't do and he asked me my secret. I told him "I just tried. I may not know always know what to do but I believe given enough time anyone can solve any problem" and he said "Ah, so you're just a yes man" and just walked away.
???
Help, please explain what this means to an autist like me. Was I being rude somehow?
>>
i've written like 5 unit tests in my life. they don't do anything.
>>100089759
dunno either that's not a yes man its just try harding. just ignore him in the future since hes a gas lighter
>>
>>100088988
drop the names of these companies man, just send them to joshua fluke so he can publicly shame them on linkedin
>>
Fat recruiters tend to lack impulse control and long term planning skills.
Female recruiters are irrational, emotional and visual. They are more likely to hire based on how attractive a male applicants is.
Nigger recruiters tend to have below average IQs a key indicator of job performance.
Pajeet recruiters smell like shit and scare good talent away. They are hard wired to only hire other pajeets so they can eat cow shit and potty train together.
Why would i hire your company i mean work for your company if you didnt have the sense to read my mind and stop these bad business practices?
>>
linked in really is nothing but marketers, hr, and recruiters complaining about how they have the hardest jobs in the world
>>
>>100089759
I think he's confusing "yes man" with "people pleaser."
>>
>>100089759
They sound retarded. I have the same philosophy. Anything is possible and usually it's not even that difficult in the end, just takes trial and error. Not to take away from you but I bet your grand feat that amazed them was something as simple as reading some documentation. Normies are just fucking dumb and expect that everything is spoonfed to them.
Next time don't answer esoterically just pretend it was easy. That's the black pill of work, you have to always pretend stuff is effortless or people will take advantage of you for various reasons.
>>
>>100089547
never work above their expectations unless the reward is confirmed. and do it in short sprints. u are setting urself up to fail
>>
>>100089920
based on what are u basing this all off? if exp, explian how many u dealth with and in what context
>>
>>100089759
your coworker has room temperature iq
>>
Thoughts on going full cloud? Friend got both of his pro level certs, the solutions architect and the equivalent microshit azure one and within a week had scored an 80/hr 6 month contract.
>>
>always did the bare minimum in school and college
>start my first job
>immediately become a workaholic go getter who gets shit done, am constantly getting compliments
feels good bros
too bad I'll never like after offices and hanging out with these social freaks
>>
>>100090379
shit covered hands typed this
>>
>>100089815
unit tests are literally the best tests, you are writing them wrong
>>
>>100090813
Its probably the optimal path to take in tech right now with swe/developments future looking shakier week by week, and with more devs flooding the market with every major layoff each month.
My brother does all containerization/micro service/aws shit and makes like $220 right now. Some of the exams for the higher level certs are fucking brutal from what I know though.
>>
File: imatree.jpg (80 KB, 375x500)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>100087508
I'm a cell site tech. I'm currently studying for my CCNA. I would like to be a network engineer eventually. What are the pros and cons to working for a service provider compared to an enterprise in that role? Which area pays better? What steps should i take after obtaining the CCNA?

to add to post: Brushing up on python to be able to automate some of the config process I do. Any other skills I should add? Any horror stories from a service provider position?
>>
I recently accepted a good job offering around 100k for my 1.5 years of experience and interesting work that will advance my career in the path I want it to take.
But I also applied for universities when I last got laid off, and recently I discovered I was offered admissions into U of Chicago's CS masters program, and now I'm depressed since it's a really good university but I can't justify taking out some loans for a CS masters when I can just advance my career and make shitloads of money.
I'll just keep applying for fintech jobs and eventually one will hit, right? I hope I don't need that prestigious degree.
>>
File: 1667225777349531.webm (222 KB, 320x320)
222 KB
222 KB WEBM
>>100089759
>Was I being rude somehow?
From a fellow autist, no. Your competence made your incompetent coworker look bad. He then decides to play the social game and try to see if he can find anything to make you look bad, failed, and then insulted you to save face
I would avoid this coworker as much as you can in the future, and keep in mind types like him are very common in management positions
>>
>>100091089
you don't know what you're talking about. stop talking.

>>100089759
he incorrectly thinks "yes man" means "a man who never gives up and always keeps trying"
>>
>>100091057
100k isn't that much
>>
>>100088462
I have a CS degree, relevant certs, and experience in security research lab at uni. I have applied to every single security analyst position I can find and can't even get an interview. Whats the secret bros?
>>
>>100091156
In this market and 1.5 YOE from a state university with a job location having low cost of living, I believe so. I just want to transition into super high paying 60 hour workweek fintech in the future.
>>
>>100091182
I guess it depends on the name recognition of the company and their tech stack.
A masters degree only takes 2 years.
2 years at a non-tech company that does not add anything to your resume will just get you into a senior position at a similar company.
Master's degree students can also do internships, which can pay a lot of money.
>>
>>100091276
MPCS at U of Chicago is only 1 year of rigorous work, actually.
This position I accepted (but haven't started) is C++ work that I can easily construe through my resume into anything I want it to be (i.e. focus on high performance computing or otherwise). But it's a fairly note, middle-sized defense contractor so I don't know if that will help me get into fintech.
I'm only interested in cool advanced tech/science work so it does fit into my general career path though, C++ is pretty ubiquitous in this subfield and I get massive parallelism experience and experience working advanced mathematics in combination with programming.
>>
>>100091315
oh, I thought you were talking about the MSCS program.
yeah, taking the job is better
>>
>>100091182
You don't sound like you have much of a plan, no offense. What would a masters degree get you? And which fntech companies do you think pay a lot of money? I can assure you that just because a company deals with finance has little correlation to what they pay their employees. I think you need to really validate some of your assumptions.
>>
>>100091370
MPCS is what they call MSCS.
>>
>>100091392
Trading fintech companies, I suppose. For instance, I interviewed with Wolverine Trading as a junior developer and made it to the final round recently, but got rejected. These trading companies have interesting tech stacks with the goal of shaving off nanoseconds on trades, or to provide complex analysis of markets. I've done some self-study with textbooks and stochastic calculus is about as interesting as the work I do now, but the difference is the defense industry will typically cap your salary somewhere around 200k/year and these trading jobs will pay absolute absurd amounts for solid 20+ YOE workers to ensure their trading businesses stay in operation. Not that I think I'll get to work at Citadel but there are plenty of other options.

I hear the MPCS program at U of Chicago is pretty good in that regard since all these fintech companies around Chicago often hire from them.
>>
>>100091403
as long as it's a MS degree and not some bs professional degree
>>
>>100091315
working at a defense contractor will get you blacklisted from a lot of jobs btw
>>
>>100091430
Ok yeah in that case you're right - but those companies are not what people mean when they say fintech. Fintech is companies like Stripe, Block, Chime, Brex - companies that provide financial services and technology mostly to external customers. What you're talking about is HFT/prop shops/quants. I'm potentially interested in the latter as well, don't know much about the scene though
>>
>>100091453
And why is that? I already have fyi, I have a secret clearance.

>>100091458
Don't know all too much either beyond what google searches can give me, frankly even U of Chicago probably isn't even good enough to get junior jobs at them since I believe they get to pick from Caltech/MIT/etc graduates. But I believe that advantage diminishes as your university grows less important as your YoE stack up, or at least I hope so.
>>
>>100091470
imagine if you had on your resume: optimized SQL queries in missile strike software to increase Palestinian death counts by 10% per quarter.
>>
>>100091470
Either way don't get a masters degree IMO unless a) you can do it concurrently with employment or b) it's in a particular specialization that is gatekept by higher education such as AI/ML. The opportunity cost of not working is just too high otherwise, assuming that experience continues to add value to you as a candidate
>>
>>100091515
By that logic defense industry work should boost your resume since it proves you're willing to sell your morals for money.

>>100091518
Yeah, true.
>>
>>100091525
I've been on probably a dozen hiring committees and defense industry experience is absolutely a red flag
Most of HR and tech interviewers are not anarcho-capitalists
>>
>>100091547
Good bait.
>>
>>100091547
>defense industry experience is absolutely a red flag
NTA but why? Is it a poor sign of competence?
>>
>>100091547
>youll be blacklisted but mostly only by companies that are run by liberal HR departments
I could live with that.
>>
>>100091559
>>100091568
It's not an issue for me, but all of the applicants we end up seeing are filtered through "Talent Managers" or "recruiters" who are some of the most reddit people you'll ever meet
>>
>>100091606
also most of my coworkers are from seattle/bay area
>>
>>100091606
A large part of this is likely correlation rather than causation. There's gonna be more gronks in defense compared to FAGMAN so you'll see more defense workers get filtered compared to FAGMAN applicants
>>
>>100091162
to be honestly I'm not sure, I completely lucked into my position and was massively underqualified, onlry really got it because they gave me hands on "what you do in this situation" questions in the interview and I answered it logically

at my current job, we're mentoring one of our service desk guys to take over some of our cyber security grunt work, and in exchange he gets experience with our tools for his resume and will get a position once we get a new seat available. so potentially you might want to search for something lower to work your way up
>>
File: 1698845335025133.jpg (765 KB, 1536x2048)
765 KB
765 KB JPG
Getting the CS degree was a scam and a waste of my time. I have wasted my life. I have achieved nothing. Getting a job was a waste of my time and effort. I am going to kill myself.
>>
>>100091660
the causation is: west coast tech employee sees resume with defense/oil&gas/big finance --> resume is thrown in trash
>>
>>100088988
>Take home """""Challenge"""""
>Paid micro project
please name and shame these fucktards
>>
>>100091697
Just 1 anecdote but I work at a FAGMAN and 2 of my coworkers are former defense. It's not that black and white
>>
>>100087508
which industry has the least amount of stuck up, west coast lefty spergs?
>>
>>100091747
They've got to be trolling. I doubt anyone gives a shit in any real industry. Maybe in a gay webslop place.
>>
File: 1713585207656.jpg (312 KB, 1170x1994)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>
>>100091794
The absolute state of FAGMAN cattle
>>
>>100091773
I don't see how you can be a tech worker in a serious company and think that bias against defense contractors is trolling
I thought this was pretty much common knowledge by now
>>
I can't believe I'm this petty but I'm going to speedrun some guy's 5 year career purely because he thought I couldn't do the work. JFC, I'm bored.
>>
>>100089245
you can play that into securing more money for yourself if you play it right. people get rewarded for far less and sing high praises to themselves for it.
maybe you don't care, but just be aware of the bigger game. you are providing a lot of material value to them. its quite typical to ask for something in return, especially if you can delivery more.
this shit is transactional at the end of the day, and if you keep giving and don't ask for anything back, then that will be that. you have to cash these kinds of things in as they happen.
if you look for a promotion/raise too late down the road, it will be like nothing ever happened. it doesn't accumulate over time, in their view its quarter by quarter, year by year. everyone suddenly has a short memory when it's convenient.

maybe you know all this already. maybe you don't care. but just giving a perspective. things can slip by sometimes when you've been underwater for too long.
>>
>>100091794
this guy needs to teach his gf how to give better head to get his reviews up
>>
>>100091794
>open relationship
Why do people fall for this shit? Unless you're actually just friends with benefits pretending to be in a relationship, it literally always ends with one person having way more sex and the other feeling uncomfortable.
>>
>>100089759
Your answer did not satisfy him, so he gave you a neg.
You basically said that you just worked hard, and you were probably being honest. For many people such an answer borders on being completely meaningless.
But perhaps that is the case. That would imply that perhaps he doesn't work hard. Or at least not as hard as you do. Various conundrums arise, and he has to explain them away somehow.
You did a lot of work, and gave an answer that was sincere. What kind of people work a lot and give sincere answers, but fake sincerity, at least in his mind. A yes man does this. So you are a yes man, that explains all the variables.

This may kind of convoluted, but this is really how normies operate in the world. Especially when they come across an autist, who they find hard to understand. They objectify. They put you into a box that is explainable and simple. You don't make sense to him. But he knows what a yes man is, so now you are a yes man. It doesn't really make sense, but that doesn't matter. A yes man connects all the dots, so that's quite good enough.

anyway, very weird vibes. guy is probably a manipulator/gaslighter if i had to guess. reasonable people dont just lay down an insult and walk away. that is abnormal behavior.
>>
>>100091794

imagine getting cucked twice AFTER scoring a $300k/yr job
>>
File: B1aELoj.gif (1024 KB, 218x228)
1024 KB
1024 KB GIF
>>100087596
>tfw been using flexbox for so long I don't remember how to center a div without it
>>
I’ve just seen a creative entry-level position listed on here — “£22,000 and must be able to work in London”.

I’m sorry, but this is really not okay.

Rent for a room in London in 2024 is now about £900.

£22,000, after take home pay, is £1597 per month.

That leaves just £697 left over for bills, food — everything.
Forget some money to enjoy life with.

Whatever employers think, these kinds of wages are not “competitive”. They are based off pay scales from a decade ago.

Starting salaries are one thing, but these kinds of roles will soon only be accessible to people whose parents already live in London.

The creative industries (all industries!) need to think about what life is actually like for young people.

...And stop hoping they can skimp and save by only employing kids with super wealthy, London-based parents.
>>
File: 1000011802.jpg (61 KB, 750x701)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>100087508
American with comptia trifecta and a few years of customer service/call center experience. is it possible to get a fully remote (live abroad) help desk job? maybe if I lie about living in the US and use a vpn?
Which IT career paths lend themselves best to fully remote work without advanced programming skills?
>>
Practice solving this, not just jeetcode. It will make you go far in life.
>>
>>100091689
Would it make you feel better if you studied about Socrates or the Seven Years War?
>>
>>100093132
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>100093637
Why do you need to go to college for that? It's all on wikipedia.
>>
>>100093675
And the whole CS is on Youtube. Nothing matters dude.
>>
>>100091697
I'm a redneck senior in south Carolina and I do the same shit. Fuck glowniggers, go work for oracle or the pedos at palintir lmao.
>>
>>100087663
AI can't really make that workflow any faster. It does however do an OK job of creating first drafts of UIs.
>>
>>100091724
>name and shame
>>100089894
>drop the names
He won't, because he went ahead and applied for the job.

>>100089107
I would go work for Amazon/Nvidia/Google/Skype when they were startups, and would choose to be paid in shares more than salary.
>>
>college teaches me basic java
>all jobs want specialists in very specific things
What do I do? Just pick some random specialization and hope someone wants it?
>>
Any of you do tech stonks successfully? Enough you could go full time?
>>
>>100089368
At Save the Children UK these meetings are weekly. Most are optional, but some are compulsory and everyone must come up with 1-2 DEI related goals every year.

>>100093132
>super wealthy, London-based
These things contradict each other.
>>
File: 1711839588189354.png (581 KB, 744x910)
581 KB
581 KB PNG
>>100087508
Wagiebros,
I need to pass CEH in two months. can you spoonfeed me some good free dumps
>>
>senior coworker has to start learning selenium (and he admits it)
>I know a lot about it (I'm a junior SWE)
>I shoot him a DM saying "try out selenium IDE, it helps with working with selenium . C# export sucks"
>he thinks I'm retarded cause he says "I'm working with selenium .dev" and doesn't believe me that selenium IDE is for selenium dev
I did not continue the conversation because it turn to an argument over teams. But man it annoyed the shit out of me that he didn't even care to at least look it up.
How could I made my point to him without him thinking I'm wrong? I thought by me telling it to him and sending a link (plus the name being the same) it would be enough, but evidently not.
>>
Can I be a good developer just by building things? Or do I have to grind DS&A and other bullshit?
>>
>>100094839
Yes although you should practice implementing some basic algorithms
>>
>>100094839
If you don't write library code, you can go by reading one book on dsa and you'll be fine. Good architecture, design and practices are much more important and harder to acquire on your own, they would require you to do a lot of additional reading.
>>
>>100087508
I'm almost a month into my first tech job and I found out today they only hired me because they thought I was gay, not sure what to do
>>
>>100094824
is he foreign or boomer?
>>
>>100094952
That sounds interesting actually. I often find myself not knowing the best way to do things so it would be nice to understand how to make better decisions
>>
>>100094963
They want a lil office fuckboy. Offer them your ass during lunch so they can concentrate on coding in the afternoon.
>>
>>100095029
And it's gonna only get worse for bigger, more complicated applications. I'd only recommend "code complete" by mcconnell and "design patterns" by GOF, the rest is really depends on your field and your proficiency.
As for DSA just get cormen's "introduction to algorithms." You don't need to memorize it, you can really use it as a reference.
>>
>>100094981
Boomer. Although I don't wanna think of it in that aspect because that's just trying to minimize the problem, as in
>no the problem isn't me, the problem is him!
I only brought up how I'm a junior and he's a senior to show that he has authority over me. If we were equals I would be super pissed by this conversation
>>
i'm so easy to read and i hate it
>>
>>100087640
Google Lina E., she's a German commie cunt.
>>
Take the helvetic pill and escape this Germoney madness.
>>
>>100094824
>I did not continue the conversation because it turn to an argument over teams.

It's not an argument if you're just clarifying what you've said.
>>
>>100088462
can you share your resume with identifying info stripped out?
I cant get hired by anyone.
>>
>>100095366
I explained what I mean, I gave him the link, I could have done more but I sense the conversation would turned bad. I stopped after he said "So you say" without even acknowledging what I said (and I looked it up and sure enough, so you say means "I don't believe you" in a mean way)
Now I'm autistic but I don't know him well and I'm new, so I decided to drop the conversation because I can sense that it would be an argument. Maybe I was too cautious, but I rather be on the safe than sorry side. If I could have spoken to him face to face it would have been a lot better. Instead, I learned either A) mind my own lane or in reference to my previous question, B) how do I explain things better to people?
I don't even care if I was technically right in this, because I lost the battle of communication. I want to better myself to not lose again
>>
>>100095453
>I want to better myself
Then mind your own business. Do the tasks assigned to you well, and leave more senior staff to take care of their own tasks.
Some senior devs are complete retards, but they are senior for a reason and it's safer for you to not get involved.
The juniors in another team were complaining about their lead dev to the CTO, and were always ignored because the lead was just writing so much code. He was an actual cunt and a sociopath, on top of writing shit code. Two people had to resign for management to wake up and fire the retard.
>>
As a German, what are the consequences of never doing your tax declaration? Assuming you don't have incomes other than your job which is automatically taxed.
>>
>>100095805
leaving money on the table probably
>>
>>100095805
So you pay your taxes + leave a tip for the taxman, do you tip the bank when you pay your mortgage to?
>>
One of my favorite interview questions to start is rarely used.

This sets the tone for the rest of the interview process.

Try asking:

"I am excited to have a great conversation, but before we begin, would you mind telling me why it is that you selected me to interview?”

And let them speak and describe your upside.

The rest of the meeting they validate what they are on record as having value about you.

Because people want to stay consistent with what they’ve previously claimed.

Robert Ciadini calls this "Consistency Bias".

Them selling you > you selling you
>>
>>100095984
>Interviewer mumbles through and stares at your resume
>uhh yeah we're looking for people with this umm...yeah...haha...
>uhh yeah yeah so lets get into it what are your strengths?
>>
>>100095453
Maybe you didn't explain it clear enough, hard to tell just by reading your post, but you should get used to the idea that some people are just retarded and never learn anything. Some are blinded by their arrogance and refuse to see the truth even when it's in front of their own eyes. Some are legitimately just dumb and just don't understand. In either case there's not much you can't do about it.
>>
hey guys, how is your workplace like? do you use git branching strategies, code reviews, testing?
>>
>>100089920
I just got hired (recruiter was female) and I'm pretty ugly so that's not true
>>
>>100096501
>how is your workplace like?
Shit, and the HR lady swears like an old sailor
>do you use git branching strategies, code reviews, testing?
To some degree, yes. Everything is half assed here.
>>
File: bb9.png (150 KB, 500x441)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
Should I even bother going into tech if I'm only 5 foot 9?
>>
File: eq6kwkoqr1lc1.jpg (131 KB, 828x852)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>100096638
sure why not
>>
>job interview
>interviewer says my work experience doesnt count because it's not enterprise level
the fucking hoops required to get a job
>>
>>100096833
>interviewer says
who cares? the interviewer is a random wagie who wants to discount your value so you accept a lower offer
>>
>>100096869
she ended the interview there and said i wasnt qualified
>>
>>100096894
then they already have a guy for the position and are just advertising as a formality
>>
>>100094824
You're both wrong for using Selenium when cypress exists
>>
>>100089759
Lmaoing at the replies. Here's your answer: the dude already had his pathetic insult ready to go and the first question was just a set up. He wasn't even listening to you, he was just waiting for you to stop talking so he could fire away. Don't overthink it, it's just another brainless corporate drone projecting his feelings of inadequacy.
>>
>spend 40 minutes writing correct code
>spend 2 hours convincing the tech lead that the code is tested and correct
please kill me
>>
>>100097403
>isn't the tech lead
>tech lead doesn't implicitly trust your code even when it's wrong and deflect blame to other members of the team
couldn't be me
>>
>>100096920
Why? To waste peoples time and be evil?
>>
>>100097741
m8 did you come down in the last shower?
>>
>>100097741
how underaged are you?
>>
File: tra4ffcjuwu51.png (2.31 MB, 3072x3118)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB PNG
>>100087508
>worked in a junior IT/helpdesk job for a year
>didn't use the time to study CCNA/P etc
>left it in good terms with the boss
>went NEET'ing for several months
>got a job via family member
>it's a shitty physical labor job
>somehow pays decently (15% extra+work car)
>still quite a shit job that is a dead end with nowhere to advance to
>also very messy to quit the job
>finally got the process to get the fuck out going
>moving out next 2 weeks so i need cash and can't NEET and or only study

So stuck with the options:
>go back to helpdesk job for at least 6 months while i do the certs (as 50% of each shift you dick around behind your own laptop)
>risk it finding a job that pays slightly better at least on par with my current paycheck
>>
>>100087508
Great thing is, I've just landed a job with a decent company.
Bad thing is, I've been doing freelance and independent work straight out of high school for nearly 10 years. Aside from a few extended projects every now and then, I've never had a proper "structure" to my daily work, and I've always made my own hours. I'm excited for how technical the work will be for this job, but I'm legitimately dreading the 8-5 Monday to Friday grind.
For anyone else who's transitioned from long-time freelance to traditional work hours, how were you able to adjust and cope to it?
>>
>>100098184
While not freelance i went from working shifts including weekends/holidays to a 5 day week 8-5 job (with a lot of extra fucking overtime), the lynch pin is basically if you're living on your own or have a S.O or kids.

When you have other responsibilities like a S.O and or kid you're already less likely to play vidya at 3am (like you probably do right now) and already conform to going to sleep and waking up earlier. You eventually get used to the hours but perhaps much less to the inflexibility.
>>
>>100097741
Yes, it only takes small amounts of greed and incompetency to create evil.
>>
who /go-getter/ here?
>>
What do you guys do on weekends if you have no friends? I honestly find weekdays more enjoyable since work gives my life some form of purpose. Inb4 vidya - I cant play vidya for more than an hour without becoming bored nowadays.
>>
>>100098610
>go-getter
I'm too old for that shit.
>>
>>100098686
Work.
>>
>>100098610
took me a year to lose all my energy good luck senpai
>>
>>100098610
>>100098689
Same. When I was ~23 I was hungry and eager to do everything, volunteer for extra projects, etc. Now almost a decade later I'm hobbymaxxing and familymaxxing at the expense of my "career trajectory", pushing back on work every week - so far it's been fantastic.
>>
>>100098715
That's what I end up doing, but I'm scared of burning out
>>
will there be a second universal round of layoffs? thing are looking bad rn...

>>100091162
anon, do you have any CVEs at your name? if so, do the portswigger labs and cert ($200 IIRC), put that in your resume and apply to web pentesting jobs
>>
>>100089920
Got recruited by a girl way younger than me and I kept calling her ma'am. She even told me to not calling her like that but I forgot the moment I said ok. Still got the job and I'm ugly
>>
>>100098686
i've been reading career and software engineering books
someone here recommended the software engineer's guidebook, it's quite useful for noobs who've just started working
>>
>>100098184
>but I'm legitimately dreading the 8-5 Monday to Friday grind.
Are you working at a startup? Do you at least get an hour lunch.
>>
>>100089920
>They are more likely to hire based on how attractive a male applicants is.
Why not always do this? All the people I respect/are smart are attractive. All retards I met also are ugly as shit. There's like, ONE exception, and he's inbetween retard and smart (as in, he can code fine, but man he devotes his time to the stupidest bullshit/schemes).
>>100096595
>>100098965
>implying you're ugly
Go back to real life 7/10fags
>>
>>100095409
I'm going to summarize this

bacholors of science criminal justice and digital forensics (basically unrelated degree)

certs:
net+ and SEC+ (at the time of getting my first positions
cloud+
cysa+ (analyst based cert, a bit more intermediate)
aws cloud practitioner (intro level version)

I also took a book camp for my certs that gave some hands on soc experience so that helped a bit (only really took the boot camp because I got scholarship money towards it)

if you don't have any certs yet I'd highly recommend looking into getting security +, its not crazy hard and 90% of places will be looking for their applicants to have it on their resume
>>
You ARE beautiful
You ARE wanted
Don't ever forget that /twg/
>>
of course im beautiful. how many of you face sexual harassment by female employees? yeah... all the time.
>>
>>100099158
I don't know why I'm even bothering to justify this but I am so ugly that I was once stopped at the airport and interrogated and missed my flight because the tsa people thought I was a sex trafficker. I demanded why they thought I was and they admitted I fit the stereotype of ugly man travelling with a young SEA woman (she was my coworker who looked really young and we were on a business trip).
So yeah, I'm ugly as fuck, but still got hired.
>>
how do I make friends
>>
>>100098744
>a decade later
you're retired right?
>>
File: 1686551336213833.png (223 KB, 720x710)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>100099266
>>
>>100098744
>hobbymaxxing and familymaxxing
Based and dad pilled.

>at the expense of my "career trajectory",
Honestly, it's not too hard to sort of ride out the wave of your career when you get to a senior position. They pay is usually decent enough, without the responsibility and ass pain of being in management. Honestly, mid career you should have enough investments to make the difference in pay negligible.

>pushing back on work every week
I don't understand how this works, yet I do it.
>>
>train poojeet in my team on technical stuff
>one week passes, poojeet is taking other company training (team processes, policies, etc)
>one day poojeet contacts me via chat asking me to answer some questions in an exam
>saaar could you help me with these questions, I can't understand what Product Lifecycles or SLAs are even though the videos are 10 minutes long, pls do the needful saaar I already failed 3 out of 4 attempts
>say I can't help him respond exam questions, but he can look up the topics on YouTube to understand the general concept
>"okay sar"
Holy shit are poojeets really at this level? They just straight up ask you to solve an exam for them and don't even say thanks when you give them an alternative.

I was thinking of reporting this to my manager, should I? Or is it a pussy move? I'm not threatened by this guy at all professionally, in fact, I think it would be good to keep him around so my manager can notice the stark contrast between us
>>
>>100098686
Guitar related (practicing, recording, mixing), personal projects, read, tv
>>
>>100099852
buddy you should see how their "education" system works over there, it's literally just memorizing answers to multiple choice exams and/or not memorizing and just blatantly cheating
>>
>>100099898
Don't be racist their masters degrees are as legit as western ones
>>
>>100098744
>>100099825
>hobbymaxxing and familymaxxing
all my colleagues have families and hobbies and i'm still a degenerate with no friends, no gf, no kids and no hobbies. It's awkward as fuck.
>>
Manager told me he wants to promote me by the end of year

How would I know this is legit and not him trying to keep me on board?
>>
>>100099988
it's fine anon, you can always be the cool wine uncle
>>
>>100100122
so this is how people evolve into uncleanon...
>>
>>100100098
>How would I know this is legit and not him trying to keep me on board?
these things are not mutually exclusive
>>
When joining a new company, how do you deal with being the errand boy? Or is it just that my new teammates are jerks?
>>
>>100099545
how ugly? can't you just wear a cap and sunglasses?
>>
I work in IT and I'm literally been living under a rock in terms of AI, is there anything worth checking out / understanding how it works under the hood?
>>
>>100089245
bro you think you are smart but you are actually retarded. You should be racking up thousands in fees instead from internally shilling some vendors like fucking Datadog or some shit
>>
File: IMG_1243.jpg (6 KB, 224x224)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>Lead and producer are married
>>
>>100098610
i was /go-getter/ for 2 years using adderall. it burnt me out though. going on TRT soon to goget-maxx.
>>
>>100099988
so you maxx out your earnings, rack up savings, and start investing to the point your dividends can pay for your own existence.

and or eventually actually meet a female that you can make it work with.
>>
>>100100669
>Adderall
>TRT
it really does feel like the only way to keep up with the grind past your 20s is abusing drugs fuck me i hate life i wanna go live in the woods
>>
>>100100674
>willingly interacting with f*males
>>
>>100100098
This is basic social engineering to keep you working, so you see some kind of light at the end of the tunnel
>>
>>100100756
allahamdulilah brother if you do not want to touch women it is up to you

but the money can buy you all you want, including whores.
>>
is there some way I can work for free to start getting experience doing real coding

I can live with my parents for another 20 years idc about money I just want to become employable
>>
>>100100750
nah not abusing either of them -- i am scripted them. i did take a bit more than prescribed but nothing over an amount i couldnt just ask for. i think most dudes that take adderall and abuse it end up just jacking off for 12 hours straight
>>
>>100100848
>i am scripted them
lucky
>>
>>100100877
unless you are european, you can get scripted both via telehealth now bro. if you are european working is pointless anyway. are you aware that an official adhd diagnosis is a 2 page long multi choice quiz taken in a waiting room?
>>
>>100100913
>european
yeah about that
>>
>>100100937
no joke man i feel for you. i dont wanna doomer post too hard but i do not envy the situation a lot of europeans seem to have. its not even that great here exactly but theres still a vague semblance of the american dream
>>
>>100089245
You just gave me a startup idea for optimizing cloud bills, and subletting the freed up infrastructure to other companies
>>
>>100099545
based ugly bastard, I knew you from my picture books
>>
>>100100821
Yeah just work on a project.
>>
>>100100098
Tell show him an offer from somewhere else then tell him to guarantee it in writing
>>
>>100099701
haha, if you think mid 30s is old/retirement age these days you got another thing coming brother. mid 30s is the prime of our life! you (usually) have the energy and money to do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
someone hire me holy shit
>>
someone fire me holy shit
>>
>>100100411
Tell them to do stupid tasks for you
Say you are busy with a task from someone who outranks them even if you are doing nothing
Repeat everything they say to management to make them paranoid
Spy on them to see what they talk about when you arent in the room
>>
>>100101341
yeah but you should have enough money to not work anymore
>>
>>100101456
I mean yeah... if you want to live a barebones college student lifestyle that's fine. Also near impossible if you have kids to retire that young. I'd rather work until I'm 45-50 and save up to 4M+ so I can fatfire and live a much more comfortable lifestyle with lots of travel and hobby spending.
>>
>>100101456
IF the markets don't collapse
IF America doesn't collapse
IF inflation doesn't eat all your savings.
IF you can keep your spending under control

There are a lot of unknowns. I guess it all depends on you want out of life.
>>
>>100101478
>working for 20 more years so you can "travel" and "hobby spend"
>kids
>>
>>100101496
Yes, what's your point? Believe it or not, you can do hobbies and travel and have kids while you're working too. Crazy concept I know.
>>
>>100101494
That like saying IF you don't die of an aneurysm in your sleep
IF any of those things happen you would be in a worse position if you didn't have the money

>>100101513
neither of those things are desirable
I'd pay money to not do them
>>
>>100088988
CHECKED
>>
>watching Superman III
>Richard Pryor is a computer savant
>becomes a computer programmer

I know it's a silly movie but I wonder if it was easier or harder to become a programmer back in the 80s, any anons know?
>>
>crunchtime
>failure to meet deadline would destroy company
>threaten to quit unless i get a 5 year employment contract exempting me from termination unless i break a law, dont work at all, set hours of overtime i will work, guaranteed raises, unchanging benefits
Should i play chicken with these niggers?
>>
>>100101521
nta but what are desirable things?
>>
>>100101631
Depends on what you consider a programmer, many people think that shitting out react forms is actual programming.
>>
>>100101635
not talking to people
not leaving the house
not having people talk to you
listening to music
coloring excel sheets
>>
>spent entire saturday working
>can't test my changes because there's a maintenance going on all weekend on the test system
i should have spent all day playing that video game instead
>>
>>100101742
what video game
>>
>>100101633
They’ll find a way around it and will forever consider you a liability because you held their nuts to the fire when it was at its hottest.
>>
>>100101772
firewatch
>>
>>100101697
you sound insufferable
>>
>>100101697
yea dude this is totally what you want and not some maladaptive psychology at play
>>
>>100101697
based
>>
how do you deal with a retarded coworker reviewing your pr and forcing you to include his garbage practices?
>>
>>100102078
>garbage practices
Such as?
>inb4 code formatting, tests, documentation updates
>>
>>100101521
>That like saying IF you don't die of an aneurysm in your sleep
nah man, point is, 35 is way to young to try to live off savings, unless you like being poor.
>>
>>100102206
forcing you to keep classes tightly coupled just because "we've always done it this way!", even though currently the only way to test classes is introducing a shitton of code duplication
also these are all "independent" projects for different clients assigned to one developer, so I'm entirely responsible for the success of my project (why are we still forced to go through pull requests, I have no idea)
>>
>>100102344
what does your manager/team lead think? this is a pretty easy problem, if your team lead doesn't care then neither should you
>>
>>100102344
>the only way to test classes is introducing a shitton of code duplication
This sounds lime bad design. Speak to someone higher up, or suck it up until you can throw the guy under the bus.
>>
>>100102372
>>100102400
I know my tech lead doesn't care about changing the structure of our shitty project template (he knows it sucks), in fact I told my retarded coworker that we should just ask him instead of arguing amongst ourselves, but he insisted on explaining his point to convince me (too bad his argument was "that's just the way we do things here!")
but yeah, I'll talk to him on monday
>>
File: Untitled.png (10 KB, 235x214)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>100102078
>retarded clean code advocate coworker complains my 12 line function is too long and needs to be broken up into 2 separate functions which are only used by that same function
>>
>>100097403
You don't have a tech lead. You have someone on a power trip.
>>
>>100101781
Not if i get a lawyer to look at it to make sure its bulletproof and then who cares what they think i would have a contract. If the demands are reasonable and i keep my ultimatum between us it doesnt set a precedent others might look to copy.
>>
>>100102529
You show him the article that John Carmack wrote and tel him to suck your nuts.
>>
>>100102598
nta but link to the article? I'm curious now
>>
>>100102529
Nobody fucking does this. Clean code hate is a bunch of strawmen. When people say clean code they just mean good variable names and not leaving things untidy.
>>
>>100098686
>I cant play vidya for more than an hour without becoming bored nowadays.

Find something else to do. If nothing besides working is enjoyable for you, then the issue is mental.
>>
>>100101697
>not talking to people

Yet you are talking to people on the internet, so you crave social interaction to some degree.
>>
>>100102652
>Find something else to do. If nothing besides working is enjoyable for you, then the issue is mental.
how do i tackle the mental issue? i cant just magically find people to do things with because i live in a really rural area, which means that there are a lot less people doing most things unless you have people to drink with, hunt, fish, do drugs, or go to church.
am i supposed to start attending church? i just want some people to hang out with, but i dont know where to meet people outside of work. i hang out with a coworker sometimes after work, but he has a family to take care of most of the time.
>>
>another $95 billion gone to fight kike wars overseas
Why aren't people killing politicians yet?
>>
>>100087508
There's missing an arrow to Bundestag, NGOs, Seebrücke and other refugees traffickers. And from the NGOs back over the Bundestag there should be a red arrow towards Niklas because they tell him how he supposed to drive his car, heat his apartment and what his kids are allowed to eat in school and whether they learn about butt sex and Allah in class.
>>
>>100097403
>edit a json file for a build of the game
>edit is to literally just specify supported languages for a console build
>should have no effect on the actual game whatever
>boot the game, play the tutorial for 20 minutes, looks fine
>branch isn’t even main, just a personal branch
>lead says I can’t submit with “only 20 seconds of testing”, I need to play the game for much longer
>>
>>100102610
number-none.com/blow/john_carmack_on_inlined_code.html
>>
>>100102855
my attention span is absolutely fried
I cannot read an article that long
>>
>>100102933
ngmi
>>
How difficult would it realistically be to get a controls engineer job with only IT helpdesk experience?
>>
File: g_1713473456494709.jpg (153 KB, 1032x1032)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>100090813
I've done this with Salesforce and Azure and it's going well so far. The issue is that I'm not getting pure SWE jobs but honestly those are fucked right now and I'm still seeing cloud positions.
>>
File: fit_1713041343377199.png (2.15 MB, 946x946)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB PNG
>>100092779
People don't have enough self love these days. I bet 95% of these relationships are more beneficial for the girl (because every male wants to fuck and girls have it so easy if they have a modicum of hygiene and interest).
You rarely see open relationships where the guy is fucking tons of girls and the girl is the one unsuccessful.
In conclusion, some men need to learn their worth.
>>
File: g_1713017377626914.jpg (282 KB, 1696x2112)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>100095984
That's actually interesting, anon. Gotta try this on the next recruiter who reaches out to me.
>>
>>100102529
The main issue here is he doesn't respect you. Conspire to have him fired
>>
>>100102855
very interesting but I do not work in the video games industry
>>
>>100102647
You underestimate how overly by-the-book people can be, even by the so called smart people. Some people want others to follow rules for the sake of following rules while some just want to flex their authority.
>>
Any of you ever dealt with Stockholm Syndrome? I'm currently in a hybrid position and have the opportunity to switch to a remote position, which would allow me to have a much better life. Still finding it difficult to quit my job
>>
>>100103311
It's not really stockholm syndrome if you're aware of it.
>>
>>100103311
you're LITERALLY a number on an excel sheet for your company
>>
>>100089759
He thought it must be a trick because he didn't want to believe he got you wrong and that you're actually good. So when you answered thoughtfully it confirmed his doubts but he continued in his cognitive dissonance by dismissing you as a tryhard (I know he said yes man but I think that's what he meant).

By giving you props he would be undermining himself which he doesn't want to do so he insulted you instead. He sounds like an insecure bitch, who cares what he thinks. Next time ask him why he can't do something so simple and watch him squirm
>>
>>100103303
Doesn’t really matter. It’s not a performance thing, it’s a code readability/maintenance thing.
>>
>>100099898
I know an Indian guy. He told me high school was an absolutely insane amount of cramming. Then at university he did no work whatsoever and passed. I can’t wrap my head around it. Not just that it happened but why the fuck he’d admit it without qualifying it with some damning comment about the absurdity of the Indian education system.
>>
>>100091794
>Seattle
lol, explains a lot
>>
>>100102855
>/blow/
>>
>>100102647
Count your blessings for never having to deal with low IQ Rules Followers, aka the most dangerous people on Earth.
>>
this is it, it's time to buy a house. here in my country (chile) I'm seeing a lot of ads. in my area no one seems to be able to sell. realtors are fucking DESPERATE. I fucking love it. finally, my dream of having my own house can become true... I hope I manage to grab a good, cheap house for me to live in and live my life in fucking peace without having to pay for a roof.
>>
>>100104061
>cheap house
do you work remote outside santiago?
>>
How much did you have saved on your 26th birthday? Assuming you graduated the May after turning 22 (the "normal" time)
>>
>>100104174
I'm 26 and currently have 10 grand in the bank and 50 grand in home equity
that's everything
>>
lol my Indian manager sells ai coloring books on Amazon even though he earns at least 500k a year. Funny guy desu, not like your typical Indian
>>
how are you niggers finding startups? i'm looking to pivot out of large companies but that's basically all that show up on linkedin when searching
>>
>>100104151
yup. I want to live in the coast.
>>
>>100104356
Stop using the n-word first of all. Second of all the fact that you can’t find and haven’t done your research tells me you’re not suited for startup environments, even though you like the idea. I’m still in college and interviewed with two legit startups (Jewish founders, unicorn status while still having small size and a legit/non-buzzword project). You should be Independent and competent enough to handle finding the jobs on your own. Stop asking to be spoonfed
>>
>>100100445
The free one GPT3.5 is ok for hacking together a bash script and stuff like the sed command. Not that bash and sed are difficult I just always forget the syntax.
Otherwise it fails horribly on anything technical and will hallucinate.
At least one coworker is obsessed with it, he pays for GPT4 though which is supposed to be better. I think he just has it summarize stack traces and stuff.
Other than that it's good for writers block.
It can't be trusted, but I did probe it with a bunch of chemistry questions about magnesium glycinate (a mineral/amino acid supplement I take) and how it reacts with other things, I feel like I learned something (I'm not a chemist), it could all be bullshit though.
It will be cool if and when they're able to get it to cross reference the accuracy. Like being able to query every niche expert on earth in a conversational style.
>>
>>100087508
how to code tech MDA
>>
>>100104396
do you have any plans after getting your own house?
>>
How do I handle that the higher up person who sees my work isn't the same person who handles my salary and bonus? They passed along feedback that I'm a top contributor but I don't think my efforts are being adequately appreciated and certainly not adequately compensated. This is a recent development so I'm still coasting on my good salary for now, but I already feel like the wind got pulled from my sails.
>just slack off
I do but I'm still light years ahead of other people on the team who are completely incapable of problem solving and need to be hand held to do anything. And I can't let my output drop too much either or it will start to reflect badly.
>find a new job
I guess so I hate change though and I have a lot of freedom here. For example: Don't need to ask anyone's permission or schedule my vacation time at all, I just set the out of office to "don't bother me, I'm not here"

Can I pull some machiavellian tricks or am I just fucked to mediocrity if I stay?
>>
File: first_world_problems.jpg (9 KB, 250x250)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
I have a comfy junior SWE job but can't decide if it's worth to job hop.
-4 day work week
-no micromanagement
-mostly wfh
-cool coworkers
-interesting tech
-never worked a minute more than 40 hours/week

I have no other jobs to compare it to but this seems to be as good as it gets. The only con is I make "only" 90,000 in an MCOL area. My fear is that even if I get a job that pays say 120,000 I might end up hating it due to losing some of the above perks I currently enjoy. I feel "stuck" in a sense even if I'm not in a bad place.

>completely incapable of problem solving and need to be hand held to do anything
sounds like me kek
>>
>>100104663
uhhhh shouldn't you be "enjoying life" then, anon?
>>
>>100104676
Yes but I need to increase my income eventually so my future wife can stay home and raise my 10 aryan children
>>
>>100104663
Same boat anon. I tell myself I'll do some contract/bug bounty/side hustle to make up the difference and then never do shit.
Such is life, how can we actually be fulfilled spending all day on the computer, it's impossible.
>>
>>100104511
yeah, renting rooms to tourists and maybe doing some other shit, like selling services or whatever. I'm not gonna risk being poor again
>>
>>100104586
I'd personally choose a comfy job over a higher salary, so it really depends on how badly you want to be fairly compensated. Would it hurt to bring up your concerns with the person who sees your work or the one that handles your salary?
>>
>>100104870
I see, good luck to you my fellow chilean
>>
>>100104904
thanks. wish you the same, chileANOn.
>>
is it worth leaving my current comfy developer work to study a masters degree in AI? Or should I just try to complete it while I work. I already got plenty of certificates (2 Microsoft AI and going after tensorflow developer), but everywhere I read it says I need at least a masters. Thought maybe it was an opportunity to have some adventure but I'm getting a bit old for that, don't want ageism to bite me in the rear when I try to look for a job again.
>>
>>100104663
It's up to you decide whether a possible decrease in the quality of life in your new job is worth the salary increase.
>>
>>100104797
please do raise your aryan daughters very conservatively so i can give them the dick they've been craving for
and do make your sons strong so they perform actual jobs that keep the country moving, while i keep doing this overpaid managerial nonjob
give them my thanks for paying my pension btw

god bless you for being a nigger breeder
>>
File: 1696051600506652.jpg (140 KB, 1024x1024)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>100104976
SAAR
>>
>>100101631
The code was harder to wrap your head around to do the same thing as you would do today, but the bar for what's expected to be coded is much higher due to all the bullshit we have to learn in between
>>
File: catpasta.jpg (66 KB, 437x437)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>100105024
hey i'm not the one who plans to breed like a streetshitter
>>
>>100104356
I found my first dev job on Craigslist, but that site is pretty much dead now.
>>
>>100104888
I suppose I should just ask for a raise and present my case for it. I've got accustomed to having it really good and being compensated well without asking. You are right comfy job does win out though. I guess wfh vs rto will be the metric I evaluate that by, right now I'm almost never in the office. If we're back to 75% rto then I might as well job hop.
>>
New Thread

>100105155
>100105155
>100105155

New Thread

>100105155
>100105155
>100105155

New Thread

>100105155
>100105155
>100105155
>>
>>100105161
You fucked it up dude

New Thread

>>100105155
>>100105155
>>100105155
>>
>>100105161
>newfag doesn't know how to link threads
>makes a new thread
wtf...
>>
>>100090813
Is a 6 month contract supposed to be good? It's basically only three months break from job hunting.
>>
>>100097976
Wages for helpdesk and sysadmins are still in 2019 prices, meanwhile retail, foodservice, and labor pays the same or more. I actually find physical labor to be much less stressful, and I can't cope with modern corpo/DEI culture bullshit and the mess of troons and streetshitters everywhere. I quit helpdesk at an MSP and went NEET for a bit, now I work at a warehouse and make more money.
>>
>>100102302
feels impossible unless you make serious money or have rich parents
>>
oncall shift ends tomorrow morning we are gonna make it bros
>>
>>100097049
>>100094824
youre both wrong for not using playwright. the most advanced and intuitive testing framework
>>
>>100098184
>8-5 Monday to Friday grind.
my nigga. 8-5 isnt even a grind. its a walk in the park compared to school. Im bulidng projects rn all day long as I just graduated. not coding 24/7 but its at a chill pace. ur supposde to be working at a chill pace.
>>
>>100100655
whos the producer
>>
>>100102694
replying to idiots online and closing the tab when you want to is nothing similar to face-to-face interaction with normalniggers who think they're the main character
>>
>>100087508
Lol I'm assuming this flow chart depicts where the german taxpayer's money ends up
What is BAfoG and why are they up there twice?
>>
>>100104174
2k lol
>>
>>100108347
The woman, of course.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.