[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The End of an Era: Women Who Code Closing

> It is with profound sadness that, today, on April 18, 2024, we are announcing the difficult decision to close Women Who Code, following a vote by the Board of Directors to dissolve the organization.
>>
>>100148289
Forgot the link
https://womenwhocode.com/blog/the-end-of-an-era-women-who-code-closing
>>
Send the cute girls who code my way. Thank you very much
>>
>>100148289
all they did was help trannies and foreigners
>>
File: anita.jpg (85 KB, 812x783)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Here’s a more concise version of the key achievements of Women Who Code:

1. Founded in 2011: Started as a community group in San Francisco and registered as a 501(c)3 non-profit in 2013.
2. Global Reach: Expanded to over 360,000 members across 145 countries.
3. Events and Mentorship: Organized over 20,000 events and facilitated daily technical talks and mentorship.
4. Scholarships and Funding: Awarded over $3.5 million in scholarships and distributed $2.5 million in conference tickets.
5. Volunteer Efforts: Logged over one million volunteer hours in leadership and skill-building.
6. Job Opportunities: Shared more than 14,000 job opportunities within the tech industry.

And then...

on April 18, 2024, the Board of Directors voted to dissolve the organization.
>>
>While so much has been accomplished, our mission is not complete and our vision of a tech industry where diverse women and historically excluded people thrive at every level is not fulfilled.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
>>
>>100148305
>cute
>girl
>code
Pick only one
>>
File: 1689571197263889.jpg (48 KB, 300x290)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>100148289
>>
I hate it when I meet women who work in tech, who you can tell are well paid, who spend their time traveling, but they don't know anything technical! They only repeat keywords "decentralized", "the blockchain", "tech grants"

I hate them!

And they are usually placed between the boss and the technicians. All they do is get in the way!
>>
>>100148331
>360k members
>awarded 3.5million in scholarships
>another 2.5million in free entrance
>one million volunteer hours in 13years
>14k job opportunities shared
Not an expert, but isn't that all very low compared to member numbers? As far as I can tell CCC would probably curbstomp all of these achievements and they're mostly Germany only.
>>
>>100148479
You’re describing middle management.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.