[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1557947193117.png (43 KB, 1487x645)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
Python 3.13 will make GIL optional. How hyped are we?

https://peps.python.org/pep-0703/
https://peps.python.org/pep-0719/
>>
>>100156656
never heard of it
>>
why use python when there is go and perl
>>
>>100156656
not at all
it's slow as fuck anyway
there are too many versions and package mgmt sucks too
>>
>>100156656
it will be nice, but since it's python, this will break everything.
>>
I thought that existed to prevent data races and what not, will they implement rust schizo tier ownership analyzer now?
>>
>>100156656
they need to put some brackets in that shit because indentation is gay. it's damn near impossible to write anything without fucking it up then you have to waste time tracking down where the indentation is wrong. dumbest shit ever. thats why i'm learning java now. it's cross platform has a better GUI toolkit and doesn't give a shit about indentation.
>>
bython :DDDDDDD
>>
>>100157163
filtered (((by python lel)))
>>
>>100157163
have u considered a plugin of some sort? or an IDE? you know you're not meant to type all that whitespace yourself, right?
>>
>>100157163
how the fuck is indentation even hard to keep track of
t. c++ dev
>>
>>100157007
I prefer python over go because there is literally a library for anything.
Yes, this is pajeet tier thinking, but I can whip up a prototype for absolutely any kind of program in 30 minutes.
Hell, a friend was talking about mmorpgs and I literally whipped out a simple backend that does all the basics in 2 hours while goofing around in a coffee shop.
Does go allow me to do the same?
>>
File: MeNTheJets.jpg (39 KB, 680x346)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>100156656
Took only 3 tries, I can't wait for the race condition bugs
>>
>>100157209
It depends. How many python libraries do you rely on? Do you want to use classes/objects as a form of organising you code? Go has some strange design choices. If err != nil on fucking everything. Objects that aren't objects an end up being more convoluted and hacked together than just using classes. Ignoring that Go is quick for garbage collected language and has a pretty decent standard library.
>>
>>100157163
>it's damn near impossible to write anything without fucking it up then you have to waste time tracking down where the indentation is wrong.
What? Are you using some GNU style schizo formatting?
>>
>>100157204
It isn't. Code should be properly indented anyway. The only problem Python has with indentation is with nocoders and when copy-pasting code with tabs.

That said, significant whitespace is still a dumb idea.
>>
>>100156656
very hyped to see everything break with every new min version of bython!
>>
>>100157007
Python is for no coders computer scientists to do math stuff.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.