[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mac.png (19 KB, 128x78)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
Hey,

I have the osx version of a game, because the idiot ebay seller didn't realize and now he doesn't want to take it back.
Now I ask myself if I maybe can just copy it on PC and use a crack of some sort?
No matter what I type in, on google I only find instructions for the other way round, play PC games on Mac.
Any advice?
>>
>>100159019
You can use a VM. Or maybe use Darling on Linux.
>>
what game?
>>
>>100159260
Dr Kawashima
>>
which version of mac?
if it's for OS9 or older you can try SheepShaver
for anything past OSX maybe vmware
>>
>>100160181
It's from 2009 I think. I'll look into that, thanks!
>>
>>100160371
The last version of MacOS that can run 32bit apps is 10.14 Mojave, so that might help you find a starting point. I looked it up and also It looks like there is a windows version of the game as well, maybe try to find that instead. Anyways keep studying your english and I'll mail you an invoice.
>>
>>100160421
>there is a windows version of the game as well, maybe try to find that
yeah, I could do that, but it's impossible to find in the warez scene and I would have to buy another one
>>
>>100160449
Silly goose.
https://www.myabandonware.com/game/brain-exercise-with-dr-kawashima-gyh
>>
>>100160484
I found that link already of course, but that's not the one I am looking for. The one I had back then was much better, had better Minigames and a better GUI, see pic related.
If you can find that one as free download or warez you're a hero.
>>
bump
>>
>>100159019
from what i understand "universal binary" would means it's a ppc+x86 version, so you could run it on a hackintosh install of osx (metal or a vm), it's potentially a lot of work for a game though, if the game has a windows version, just find a pirated copy of it
>>
>>100160781
>>100161320
oh, that's certainly a unique looking specimen
on the plus side the requirements look minimal and it's not a heavy 3d game, so running it in a plain vm with no real gpu should be good enough
there are tutorials for installing osx in a vm
>>
>>100160781
Ah I see, yeah. Good Luck
>>
i would have a look on the disc in case it happens to have the windows version on there as well
>>
>>100160781
i can't find any indication that there's a windows version that looks like that
sometimes programs can have completely different versions between os's, so there may be no choice but to use an osx vm/hackintosh install to run that particular version of the software
>>
If you get really really desperate that particular game is apparently the very first boxed retail title to run on Unity, and old Unity games can be decompiled quite easily with readily available tools online
>>100161940
It exists, check the archived web page for the developer Chimera Entertainment, there's also quite a few press releases and such from back in the day about it being on both Mac and PC
>>
>>100162311
>It exists, check the archived web page for the developer Chimera Entertainment, there's also quite a few press releases and such from back in the day about it being on both Mac and PC
sure, but that doesn't mean they're identical
like i found a site that at least at some point was selling it, and they have a link to the demos, but the pc demo does not look like op's mac screenshots
>>
>>100160781
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B002984OJ4
>>
hey, thanks for all the responses.
It definetely exists for Windows because I had it ~15 years ago.
It was really a decent multiplayer game, it was a lot of fun.
I will try to run it on emulated osx then.
>>
>>100162354
that seems to be the one. Thanks! Not sure if I want to pay 15 Euro, though

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.