[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713969374348.jpg (559 KB, 2385x1278)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
Why is this allowed? Win 11 isn't a free OS.
Are they preparing people for a subscription model os?
>>
Everything will become subscription, market growth has largely stopped and this is the only way to squeeze more money out of customers
>>
>>100162742
>Win 11 isn't a free OS.
You answered your own question.
>>
>>100162742
windows users under 30 have no idea how to install programs no idea what executables are, no idea what any of that is
they're used to opening an app store and finding what they need then uninstalling it with one tap
>>
>>100162742
Good.
You deserve it.
t. Linchad
>>
>>100162826
>You deserve it.
How?
>>
>>100162742
watch linux drop the ball and not have a consumer friendly distro ready to convince people to abandon windows.
>>
File: 1713983154355.jpg (2.06 MB, 2804x3964)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>It is now Year 9 of /g/ predicting that Windows will switch to a subscription model any day now.
>>
>>100162955
The day they switch to a subscription based model is the day they die.
>>
>>100162913
>watch linux drop the ball and not have a consumer friendly distro ready to convince people to abandon windows.
Good. We don't want normalfags and gaymers flocking to linux. Fuck you.
>>
>>100163025
Adobe didn't die
>>
>>100162742
Isn't 90% of Microsoft income from data-mining nowadays? The only reason they don't give Windows for free is to try to hide this fact. Adding some ads isn't very different.
>>
>>100163154
Unfortunately.

>>100163053
Aren't Wubuntu, Nobara and Garuda exactly that?
>>
>>100162995
babecockpilled
>>
>>100162742
Is it even possible for a user to pay to legally remove them?
>>
>>100162826
I need Adobe apps which don't support Linux.
>>
>>100162742
Microsoft is happy to put ads into $80 videogames, so they will do the same for Windows.
>>
>>100162995
No you will just get bombarded by "upgrade to windows 11" ads instead
>>
>>100162852
>How?
accepting the EULA without reading it fully. that's how, legally you do not own the software only the hardware. reap what you sow, retarded mutt
>>
>thankfully, you can disable them!
paid OS btw. Oh, sorry, I forgot that the key you buy is literally hardware cucked, meaning that any change to your PC will invalidate it.
Truly The Best OS™
>>
>>100163738
The OEM/mas license must be like 50 cents. In this point they should just give up and give it free. Oh wait that would break the antitrust laws.
>>
>>100162995
this schizo vojvodinoid namefag was literally in a psych ward for pedophilia
>>
>>100162995
Goonmachine kek
>>
>>100162742
You can literally activate it for free with massgrave script
>>
>>100163776
>Oh wait that would break the antitrust laws
Winiggers get the short end of the stick, every time.
Not just ads but the same laws "protecting customers" prevents them from getting a free product? Kek.
It makes sense since they like you to migrate for "free" to the next version but they take away functionality if you don't activate it.
Most people just take for granted Windows is free anyways, and sime don't even activate it and use it as-is.
>>
>>100162807
I know all about that
T. 24
>>
>>100162807
Most, if not all of the zoomers I know, who range from 16 to 25 yo, know about managing applications on Windows.
Worst part? We are third worlders.
>>
File: file.png (47 KB, 518x94)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>100162742
Skill issue. Try not being 12. Also Windows has been free for over 10 years now. They even give out the iso themselves.
>>
>>100162783
ah, economics and they retarded thought of infinite growth... I'd care but I'm using openSuse

>>100162913
lmao, you mean we care about the average win user needs?
>>
>>100165648
I'm sorry man, but the ponzi scheme the world runs on doesn't work without unending growth.
>>
>>100162742
i'm still using windows 10. is there any reason for me to upgrade?
>>
I have been using Windows since 3.11, have daily driven nearly every version considerably. I've also used Linux extensively, having a Linux machine at all times since 2016, but I still kept Windows machines for video games and certain programs that just aren't available on Linux.
My current >rig is actually pretty decent, but I am pretty sure that Win 11 is the last straw. I will eventually put linux on a real desktop that is capable of playing games whenever Microsoft forces me off 10.
At this point, my job uses Google apps anyway and has for years.
I don't really play that many video games but I know Steam has a bunch of Linux compatible games
unfortunately I will lose some premium quality music programs that I have paid licenses for
but I am not going to ruin my PC that cost 4k to build with Windows 11, it's just not going to happen
>>
>>100167130
No one cares.
>>
File: 1689150511824257.png (145 KB, 363x426)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>Win 11 isn't a free OS
Exactly
You paid to be shown ads

You could have no ads for no money yet you spent way money for way ads. So you'd better view them
>>
>>100167130
>I I I I I I I I I I
not your personal blog idiot
>>
>>100162913
your mistaking is thinking anybody using linux wants mouth breathers using it
it's bad enough we have things like gnome and wayland, we don't need any more
>>
>>100162742
Read "the open letter to hobbyists". It pretty much sums up their MO.
They want people who are functionally illiterate, gain all their information from ads and will pay them to access the mainframe that is actually running their system.
>>100162852
>>100163538
Pretty much exactly this kind of thinking. Adobe and software like it proliferated due to stupid short-sighted decisions from their consumers that allowed them to steamroll their competition. Turn students into baby ducks with student licenses and then have them drag an incompatible workflow into enterprise that is fully willing to pay for their meme software.
>>100163154
I fucking wish it did. Also since enterprise is partially moving away from Windows, the market that will pay the subscription will be the "It's just the price of a coffee" crowd, not the enterprise which already mostly deals in subscription services as its cost model.
>>100162913
Linux is already user friendly, it just can't be consoomer friendly because their standards are Android smart TVs with a Netflix button.
>>
>>100162852
>gee let's let a ravenous monopoly famous for anti-consumer practices take over personal computing, what could go wrong
>>
>>100162807
>App Store, Windows
:(
>App Store, Linux
:)
>>
>>100162955
>Ryo
Based
>>
>>100167130
Fucking NPD person.
>>
>>100162742
>>
>>100162913
ChromeOS already has more users than the entirety of regular Linux.
>>
>>100163154
it kind of did, which GUI is made w/ postscript techniqies nowadays? that's all gone now, people don't even know what i mean
>>
>>100163053
Linux isn't a single operating system unlike wangblows, retard
>>
>>100167744
except you :)
>>
>>100163025
What's Office 365?
>>
>>100162807
What about the millions of literal kids that play games like gmod, roblox, minecraft etc?
>>
>>100171287
Kids play these games on consoles and tablets now.
>>
>>100162807
this
you can complain about it all you want, you can say "it's not my way!", but it is THEIR way. the zoomer future is becoming the zoomer present, and these people are helpless fucking proles.

if you don't like it, don't put a smartphone in your newborn child's hand next time
>>
>>100162807
Retarded post, "under 30" includes people raised on Windows 98, 2000 and Xp
>>
>>100163538
At least get a mac
>>
because they were able to creep that shit in ever since they introduced online activation
>>
>>100171011
indians don't count as people
>>
fuck i might switch to Linux if windows turns into a subscription
>>
Windows is literally free, though.
Don't tell me you paid an OEM to install it for you.
>>
>>100171708
you vill own nozzing, not even ze operating system on your pc.
>>
>>100162742
>Why is this allowed? Win 11 isn't a free OS.
cause the majority of users were, are, and always will be tech illiterate? There are good, completely free, password managers, however. Not that crap.
>>100162783
nah, tech savyy will always have their own offline and perhaps even open source corner. Nobody is ever getting rid of that.
It is very well known, that if you corner the people, the alternative business will emerge and beat them. We've seen it happen on the dumbphone market plenty of times.
>>
>>100162955
while trying to predict the time is nothing short of divination the fact remains that everyone that can pushes for subscription model. things that used to be good and free (or paid for in form of ads) are now one by one turning into gradually worse service, requiring a subscription, THEN additional payments on top of subscription, introducing ads while there used to be none. look at netflix, amazon, Uber, literally anything. i don't think it's a stretch to assume windows will follow suit at some point. it's always the same scheme - attract users with good service, attract people to work for you and only you, turn everything to absolute husk of what it used to be and squeeze every last drop of blood out of it. it's not some kind of fiction, it's been happening for past few years on many fronts.
>>
>>100162807
over 30*
>>
>>100171771
>look at netflix
your own fault for being gay. There is nothing on Netflix or any other paid sub video service that is worthy of time. Let alone money.
>amazon
tis a bit of a shame, they just don't wanna lose profits, but they will. Amazon is not as big as people think it is and people are slowly cancelling their overexpensive prime subs. Give it time, young padavan.
>Uber
your own fault for being a cock loving cum guzzler. I've never used, don't plan to, and perhaps never will use uber. I have my own car. Suck those throbbers, nerds.
>literally anything
literally anything is not a paid sub. I'm paying exactly 0 subscriptions a month in a first world western country. And my life is great. Imagine that. There are also ad blocks, anon.
>i don't think it's a stretch to assume windows will follow suit at some point.
You're right, it is not a stretch. But, the moment mydickissoft will engage into the retarded sub faggotry, the market share of Linux will skyrocket. There are already paid for and free distros for different purpose anyway. Multiple families. Or people will go to high seas for their subs.
>attract users with good service
windows doesn't do that. There is literally 0 fucking different for my parents between their PC, laptop, tablet, tv, and smartphone. It just werks and they have no idea what the fuck an OS/Kernel is and which they have installed. It's enough for browsing and youtube for them. (with ad blocks obv).
>it's not some kind of fiction, it's been happening for past few years on many fronts.
Oh, absolutely. Sheeple will be milked for everything they have by the corporations. Not even a question. Question is: why should tech savyy anons care?
>>
>>100171267
Your bot is broken, it replies this to people all the time who never made such a claim
>>
>>100171850
He said flocking to linux as if it was a single operating system when there are multiple distros for different audiences. What part of that is bot, retard?
>>
>>100172060
You can flock to something without that something being a unified operating system. Your problem is you're trying to be a pedantic little shit without even being "technically correct". Try again.
>>
>>100163538
You still deserve it and I hope worse for you.
>>
>>100162742
>Win 11 isn't a free OS.
Yes it is. You can use it unlicensed as long as you want.
>>
>>100171273
I care that you think I care. Common mistake.
>>
>>100162807
>click app store
>click download
>click install
>click uninstall
:(
>click website
>click download
>click file explorer
>click install.exe
>click program manager
>click program
>click uninstall
:)

You don't know how to install or uninstall programs. You just click da booton.
>>
If Satya would make an XBoxOS that was just the DE+DirectX+simple FS, I would pay $200 for a copy just like the old days. No telemetry, no app store, no browser, no encryption, no updates nor automatic driver installs, just a barebones OS to run Steam on. That's all I do with Windows anyway and since I always just surplus OEM licenses, they're surely losing money on me.

MS has to be blackmailing gaben on this. Valve could put together a SteamOS over a long weekend and MS would lose every single Windows gamer overnight.
>>
Certifiably not my problem.
>>
>>100175201
SteamOS already does this no? Still the majority of people use windows probably because it comes pre-installed on a lot of devices. Why even go through the hassle of installing a new OS? I haven't reinstalled my PC for ages which I did pretty frequently when still using XP or 7. I don't really know the deal with GPU drivers on Linux but I assume Windows gets the most care which is another point.
>>
>>100175054
Is this the part where you pretend "sudo apt install shitapp" is the REAL install process?
>>
>>100162742
my Debian 12 is free (as in freedom) and doesn't have any ads. Also 12 > 11, so Debian automatically wins on this one.
>>
>>100170333
>"It's just the price of a coffee" crowd
i genuinely want to behead every single one of those fucking retards. a subscription means something costs an infinite amount of money, forever. genocide normalniggers
>>
File: 1686262773445293.jpg (1.6 MB, 3543x1993)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
>>100162742
>Are they preparing people for a subscription model os?
Pretty fuckin obvious at this point. I just migrated to Linux because even though I hate the way it does shit, I agree on principle and in the end principles are all we have.
>>
>>100175201
>No telemetry, no app store, no browser, no encryption, no updates nor automatic driver installs,
Not gonna happen because they make more than the license cost back in terms of data sold.
>>
>>100162913
People who need this should not be allowed near computers for their own safety.
>>
>>100169912
This. Once you get past open bed levels of popularity more market share has diminishing returns and eventually negative value.
>>
>>100177117
How else is the M$ hegemony gonna be destroyed?
>>
>>100177143
They’re a containment zone. They need to be irrelevant but still exist.
>>
>>100177155
You can't have your cake after eating it unless you scoop it out of the toilet.
>>
>>100162742
When windows becomes free, it will be like linux but worse in every way.
>>
>>100163538
You don't need adobe, you are not a professional if you were you would be using CentOS with your company inhouse editing software like Disney and Hollywood do
>>
>>100179541
shut up neet
>>
notice how all news around this subject is "ads coming to windows11 here's how you turn them off"
they ALL word it like that to evoke that "ah ok" feeling in you, which is actually duping you into FUCKING ACCEPTING IT!!! because "you can just turn it off". the hustle is in you eating it up. you won't be able to turn them off soon. they'll keep turning it back on "by mistake" few times, and in the end it will be fucking mandatory.
>>
File: 1712072702978688.png (74 KB, 764x1790)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>100180328
>>this problem has a solution
>stomp feet and devolve into a full body tantrum
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE PROBLEM EXISTS AT ALL AND I AM MAD REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>100180485
we all saw how much pull Microsoftie has with (((the))) media. this is a clear case of
>mention in the title it can be turned off so they accept it
it's in ALL of the fucking titles. that's how you know, it's a fucking script you idiot. we're being played like a fucking violin
>>
>>100162742
>Why is this allowed?
the real question is why the fuck people tolerate it.
>>
>>100180613
See prior post.
>>
>>100180629
because they made sure to mention people can turn it off. for now.
>>
>>100162955
two more weeks
>>
>>100180485
A problem having a solution isn't a counter argument when the problem has absolutely no reason to exist to begin with.
You know this, of course, and would be willing to acknowledge this if we were talking about freetards' stupid brain damage, but we're not. We're talking about Microsoft's brain damage, and your mental gymnastics are cope.
>>
>>100181109
>some optional shit that's trivial to remove is literally end times apocalypse!!!!
>>
>>100181575
>stop caring so much about this little thing we did
>why do you care so much, it's not that important. you can even turn it off
>>
>>100181613
>you HAVE to throw a temper tantrum and cry about nothing
>actual, real issues? snore
>>
>Allowed
Allowed?
/g/ has completely lost touch with the average user. This isn't Microsoft pulling a crazy stunt and daring everybody to switch to shitnux, home users WANT this. Recommendations and trends is what people like. It's literally a feature. A feature that every other platform has had for a while now. Microsoft is behind the game on this one, frankly.
>>
>>100162742
>Why is this allowed?
The Jewish tech cartel is trying to phase out Windows because it is designed for backwards compatibility. Remember the adage: you will own nothing and be happy.
>>
>>100162742
>Are they preparing people for a subscription model os?
LMAO how fucking naive and stupid are you? Making people pay multiple times for the same thing on top of earning money by feeding them ads and mining their personal data to be sold is literally the modern business model for corporations.
>>
>>100171846
/thread

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.