[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ௵.png (11 KB, 744x520)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
Can someone give me resources to learn more about link-rot, dead internet theory, and the general decay / regression of the internent?

The internet sucks now, where do you niggas spend your time on the internet, is everyone just on social media now?
>>
bump
>>
>>100184959
no i dont have "ressources" on random rddit buzzwords and boomer "everything used to be better" talk.
>>
>>100184959
Yes everyone's on social media. I'm trying to make a personal website gallery tho for my artwork.
>>
>>100185380
>random reddit buzzword
>uses "boomer"
I think this is your answer op, internet sucks because people are retards without self-awareness of what they say, or even any will to create alternatives.
>>
>>100184959
>resources to
>dead internet theory
start lurking /x/
>>
>>100184959
It's actually so easy for a website to completely vanish almost without a trace. I frequented this local social network that was pretty big in my city about 10-12 years back. It was still around in 2021, no one was just really using it anymore, so it got taken down either in 2021 or 2022. And if you type its url into Google or any other search engine it literally won't return any results. It's like the site never even existed, even though it contained and documented a huge chunk of my city's history at some point. The only proof that the site really did exist and that it wasn't just a figment of my scizo imagination are some links on the wayback machine. 95% of which don't even load anymore (what the fuck is the point of that site if it's so shit at actually archiving websites for extended periods of time?)

So yeah. Never take anything for granted online. A website you frequent today might not even leave a trace on the web in 5-10 years. Makes me wonder how much human digital history/content/media has been lost since the internet's inception and will be lost in the future. Future generations might not even know sites like reddit or 4chan or even Facebook and Twitter existed at all if they lose relevance and get completely shut down some day.
>>
>>100184959
Why don't you learn about lambda functions instead?
>>
>>>/x/

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.