[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: OIP.jpg (103 KB, 948x355)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Would be possible to repurpose this old thing as a wireless bluetooth keyboard somehow?
>>
>>100193758
Yeah but you'd need to install the firmware dependencies from the manufacturer which probably are hard to get now because its so old. You'd also have to bypass the microchip inhibiter relay manually because its going block the Bluetooth signal
>>
>>100193758
There are some apps out there for using a phone as a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse. You might need to look for old versions to get it to run on something that old, but apk sites often have old ones available. You can also look into alternate ROMs like Cyanogenmod that could get you a newer Android version that can run newer apps.
>>
>>100194610
I've read about Cyanogen, and that's cool, but this thing barely has 512MB RAM and a single-core CPU in the MHz range, not sure I should try to install a newer OS on it.
I'll look into an app that might help, thanks.
>>
>>100193758
You are better off ripping the keyboard and using just that as a module.
There's a guy that has repurposed old Blackberry keyboards as standard USB HIDs.
https://github.com/arturo182/BBQ10KBD
https://github.com/solderparty/bbq20kbd_hw
>>
>>100193758
pmos and use kdeconnect, x2x, or anything really...its mainline
probably old shitdroid roms for it, install some apk locally
>>
>>100195162
A newer OS should work acceptably, especially if you remove / don't install Google Play Services and are only looking to make it run one simple app. On my previous phones, as they were getting old and slow, they would lag like hell and then if I uninstalled updated to Google Play Services it would speed up again until it silently updated itself in the background and then it was back to being slow as hell.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.