[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1638109570301.jpg (140 KB, 1024x540)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>100914769
Don't buy anything OTHER THAN IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad T, X, and W/P Series if you want the Real Business Experience™
>Other business laptops are welcome in /tpg/ (Dell Latitude/Precision, HP EliteBook/ZBook)

Why ThinkPad?
>Used machines are plentiful and cheap
>Excellent keyboards, tactile feel and quiet
>Great durability: magnesium roll cage for structural integrity, with high quality plastic body panels
>Utilitarian design: e.g. indicator LEDs, 7 row keyboard layout on older models
>Docking stations that easily turns your laptop into a desktop
>Easy to repair (most models), upgrade & maintain thanks to readily available service manuals for every model, spare parts easy & cheap to obtain
>Excellent Linux & *BSD support

ThinkWiki - General info about ThinkPads/specs
https://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki

Model generations:
>Classic IBM: T40, T41, T42
>IBM/Lenovo Transition: T43, T60, T61 (T42 - T43: significant difference in specs)
>"Classic" Lenovo: T400, T410, T420 (T61 - T400: 4:3 to 16:10)
>Transition to old modern: T430, T440, T450 (T420 - T430: membrane to chiclet)
>Old modern: T460, T470, T480 (T450 - T460: significantly less thick)
>New modern: T490, T14g1, T14g2 (T480 - T490: design change)
>New new modern: T14g3, T14g4, ... (T14g2 - T14g3: second design change)

BIOS replacement:
https://coreboot.org/downloads.html
https://libreboot.org/docs/hardware/
https://canoeboot.org/docs/hardware/

Additional resources:
https://dankpads.com/tpg/
https://biosimage.booru.org
https://1vyra.in

Patches:
https://github.com/digmorepaka/thinkpad-firmware-patches
https://github.com/hamishcoleman/thinkpad-ec

Chat:
##ibmthinkpad on libera
#/tpg/ on rizon
>>
stallman bussy
>>
dinkbad
>>
There will never be cheap high end laptops ever again.
>>
What's the newest/fastest smallest Thinkpad I can get for a budget of $300 in America?

X390, X13, or a X1 Extreme 3rd Gen? I love the small screens on the X Series and wish they kept making them. I'm going to be using it in my car or in my bed so the small form factor is appreciated. I wish I could have something like the x270 but I feel like it's a little outdated if I'm going to keep it for a few years.
>>
epoxy on my ram and rom
>>
>>100994578
You're late today.
>>
>>100993881
I don't want to imagine the smell.
>>
File: which power supply.jpg (116 KB, 2388x450)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
Buying a lolnovo laptop. Which wall charger should I opt for? First instinct is to go with the slim, comfier form factor, don't have to worry about a big chud brick the middle of my cable length. Any drawback I should be aware of with that type vs the classic type? Is the 3-pin better for grounding or something, will it create less 'electrical infetterence'? (lol)
>>
There was an anon talking about his ARM-based X13 a few threads back. How comparable is it to the X13 Intel/AMD in terms of battery life and performance?
>>
>>100993877
what's wrong with the L series? I was about to buy one
>>
>>100996576
Cheaper materials, less business oriented bios features, usually just lower spec overall.
Nothing inherently bad about them though, just they’re not as nice as a T or X series. But they’re still miles above consumer tier machines.
>>
>>100996723
To further elaborate, the reason why it’s recommended to get the T, X, W, P series, etc
The
>real business machines
Is because it lets you experience what an actual premium laptop is like, by buying one that’s a few years old for cheap.
My P50 is at its core an i7 6700HQ and GTX 970m, just instead it’s called a Xeon e3 1505m and Quadro m2000m.
But my P50 is leagues above even the highest end gaming laptops of the time. It’s built better in every way, has better expansion options, is more serviceable in terms of ease of disassembly, it runs cooler and quieter, and has better peripheral options than you’d find on anything with the same core specs, like better screen choices and shit like that.

The same applies for any higher end thinkpad. A T480 is a really nice piece of hardware, and they cost nothing. Even if it has the same core specs as a bunch of other consumer machines, HP Pavillions, Acer Aspires, even Lenovos own ideapads. The T480 will be built better, feel better to use, hold up to more abuse, and be specced better beyond just the cpu.
L series is somewhere in between those two types of machine, and they’re fine, but if you’re buying an old used thinkpad you should be buying a higher end one.
And then if you’re buying a new thinkpad you’re in the wrong place.
>>
>>100996780
>And then if you’re buying a new thinkpad you’re in the wrong place.
is it really not worth it?
in my country a new L14 gen 3 costs about just a little more than an acer aspire, hp probook, etc
>>
>>100996951
No, if you’re an individual buying new and just need a general purpose machine, get any consumer laptop
If you’re down to buy used, see what kind of thinkpad you can get for the same budget used
Though that may depend on the local market
>>
My X230 got a 2.06 BIOS version. If I read the EC patch guide, I need to update my BIOS to the most recent version supported to be able to run the EC flash. So I just download the 2.75 BIOS from Lenovo site and update, right?
>>
>>100997460
Yes, that's correct.
>>
anyone knows if a T430 with a 3rd gen i5 and 4gb is any good for programming, math and stuff?
>>
>>100998615
>3rd gen i5 and 4gb
Probably not ideal
>programming, math and stuff
Really your question is too vague to answer properly
>>
>>100998615

t series shine bright like diamond
>>
my x201 cant boot to 64bit operating systems, so far ive tried 2 working linux installs made for a t420 and an ubuntu installer all get stuck on a blank screen with a blinking cursor most of the time but ive seen grub flash on screen twice. ive also tried openbsd which prints 2 lines of blue and white copyright text before getting stuck, but 32bit openbsd works fine no crashes no bugs no weirdness, and im posting from this install. ive also tried different ram and resetting the bios does anyone know what the problem could be?
>>
>>100994689
next time i wont disappoint :(
>>
>>100995425
i like classic bricks, but if you are getting usb c one you can use any 65w phone charger fine, unless gpu included
>>
why does x220/230 plastic feel so bad
>>
>>101002966
feel bad how? are you shoving it up your ass?
>>
>>101002966
what plastic?
>>
I found a T14s G3 AMD R7 for 700 euros and I think ill pull the trigger, since I'll be giving my father my T480s it will be a good upgrade.
My only problem is that it has a multi-touch screen and I think its the 300nit one, which is garbage.

Is it possible the upgrade the T14s G3 screen from a multitouch to a normal one? Where do I look up information about the pins? How difficult is the process? Is it worth the hassle?
>>
>>100995425
You are buying a big chud laptop and not a zoomer pad, might as well go for the biggest brick and a backpack to put it in
>>
>>101003443
Why not just not buy it
>>
>>101003553
Because there is always some caveat when buying a used laptop.
My question was about the limitations of upgrading the screen.
>>
>>100994237
I got an X1 Carbon 7th Gen for £250 which is about $300, that was in the UK though
>>100996780
also recommend the P50 M2000M for people who want a big laptop
>Sent from my Lenovo P50
>>
i just bought 2 new laptops, i havent had a laptop in 10 years.
first is a dell precision 15 7550 i9-10885H + rtx 3000, 32gb ram
second one is a lenovo p52 workstation, i7 8750H + P1000 gpu, 32gb ram.
i need a laptop finally, im going to be visiting some family and afterwards will be going away on a long vacation,will be away from this dekstop for maybe 3 months. i do lots of screen recording with edits for work every so often, they can be quite long, so thought i should get something with a dedicated gpu.

the reason i bought 2 laptops was seeing the lenovo at half the price of the dell (which was also on sale), if the lenovo does what i need it to do then ill just send the dell back but if i like the dell more ill keep it.
anyone here have any experience with the P1000? wtf is it
>>
>>100993877
Someone in the last thread said the T410 was the worst model. What makes it so bad when it's like any other ThinkPad?
>>
File: 1714317650287740.jpg (71 KB, 694x538)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>100996780
>ut my P50 is leagues above even the highest end gaming laptops of the time.
Except audio quality. I hate how they always go cheap with that. It would be trivial added cost to include a decent DAC, but noooo.
>>
>>101004902
As long as you don't need GPU prowess, that is probably fine. The p1000 vs rtx3000 performance difference will be tremendous.
>>
Hello thinkpad tech support. Does someone with 2k mod know if there really is a 40hz limit or am i doing something wrong. I would ask reddit but i dont want to make account for it.
>>
hows the cooling on the 1st-3rd gens p1?
anything in particular to avoid?
>>
>>101005328
this is what im hearing watching these youtube videos, people generally say the p1000 is better than nothing but its noticeable upgrading to a better card
i guess ill see how it is when they arrive
>>
Does anyone know what type of capacitators do the X230,X250,X270 have on the motherboard and PSU? Are they solid or electrolyte? Usually quality laptops have solid caps, they don't need the high capacity of electrolyte caps anyway.
>>
When looking for what spare parts are available for the X series I found fans. I'm confused, don't laptops have their fans soldered?
>>
>>101006041
Also, they look really bulky, not what I expected.

https://www.cel.ro/cooler-cu-radiator-laptop-lenovo-thinkpad-x260-x270-01hw912-01hw913-01hw914-pNyA1PTApMA-l/
>>
>>101006041
no? how else are you going to clean the fans
also heat pipe, it's a pretty interesting tech
>>
>>101005750
In case anyone is wondering why this matters.

https://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/8/article_02_all_solid.htm
>>
>>101006111
Ppl open their TPs and clean their inwards?
>>
>>101006257
>>101005750
this is common knowledge since 2009 ofcourse solid caps are better
>>
>>100998984
yeah, to be more specific, i work in embedded industry and need to work with some math tools like octave, latex and et cetera
>>
>>101007518
Blender works like a charm on an X230 so I'd imagine your software will to.
>>
>>100993877
thinkbump (humping G40)
>>
New stable release of Libreboot in case anyone missed it:
https://libreboot.org/news/libreboot20240612.html
>>
File: 1538753127182.jpg (450 KB, 1560x2080)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
>>101008922
>>
Should i buy a T430 for 50 bucks?
>>
>>101010731
Do you need one?
>>
>>101008071
nice
>>
What's the best laptop I could get for under 200 pound in the UK?

I'm leaning towards a ThinkPad X250 on ebay for 129 quid, 8GB and 128GB SSD, I need something for work, fast
>>
>>101012546
Yeah, the X250 is pretty good, I'm thinking of getting one myself.
>>
>>101012649
Good price for it?
>>
>>101012700
That's on the high end, but if it's in nice condition then might be worth it.
>>
looking to upgrade from my x220 so i can play maplestory while travelling. anything with a similar form factor that has most if not all function keys and the nav bar? looking to spend $200ish.
>>
File: 0254B8A.jpg (90 KB, 433x647)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
So what's, like, the BEST laptop i can get these days? I'll list some things id like to have an ideal laptop and if anyone can tick most of the boxes, ill buy it.

>Metal from/construction/military grade protection. i often knock/can be rough with my laptop and have often found that if it has any plastic parts, they will often break/crack, so the less plastic stuff, the better.
>Good video card for video editing/animation/sfm work.
>micro sd card and CD Disk drive ports. can live without cd disk drive though as long as have usb ports though (x2 USB ports minimum i feel.
>a couple TB of storage for a bunch of entertainment to use on it on the downtime.
>no need for video cam on laptop but i can always put tape over it i guess if it HAS to come with it.

Im using a lenova atm, used to have some gayming MSI laptop that was pretty decent too until the screen crapped out.
>>
Have you ever been bullied by mac users?
>>
why is my thinkpad so slow
>>
>>101014699
Because it is old and worn out
>>
>>100995425
i got some 100W usb charger and then plugged a usb-c cable in it.. simple as

lolnovo gave me just 65W, now i have 100W charger and the laptop even nootices it is 100W and charges faster
>>
how much would new battery + new keyboard cost for x230? i really dont want to spend more than 100€ on a 12 years old laptop
>>
Been a bit on the fence about a replacement laptop.
Saw an X230 with i5 and 4gb ram for 200 euros.
But also an X270 with i5 and 8gb ram for 175 euros.
How much is the X230 practical still after all these years? I mean it is the laptop that gets the most praise around here. And it has two ram slots, I have some ram laying around for an upgrade anyway. Or is the X270 decent enough of a machine?
>>
>>101014968
>worn out
are you retarded?
>>101016686
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32347307557.html
https://www.ebay.com/itm/196283420060
>>101017024
too expensive, i can buy x230 for 50 dollars every other week
>>101010731
yes
>>101014084
t430 or w530
>>
>>101017182
>too expensive, i can buy x230 for 50 dollars every other week
Hmm alright then.
I don't see them all that often nowadays, so it was a bit of a rarity to see one pop up.
>>
>>101017271
btw x230 is superior than x270 in every way
and the price may depend what country you are from
if 200 euro is nothing for you then no reason
in my case 50 usd is nothing for me while 200 euro makes no sense
>>
>>101018126
I live in Netherlands so basically everything is expensive and old things disappear quickly in favor of new things.
>>
>>101018126
>btw x230 is superior than x270 in every way

???
>>
>>101005750
Nobody knows the answer? Really? Nobody ever saw the insides to see whay type of caps they have?
>>
What would be the best affordable upgrade to a T480 (including non-Thinkpads) available in Europe? T14 Gen 2 AMD?
>>
Got my upgraded T440p from some retired sysadmin selling his old stuff for 150$. 256GB SATA3 SSD, 16GB 1333MHz RAM, FHD screen, stock trackpad(it's kinda nice actually), new Intel Wi-Fi card, and a cherry on top - i7-4702MQ. It's been about 5 months since I got it, and just wanted to share some experience using it here. Take into consideration that I am both getting my cybersecurity degree and working in a company as a full-time technician.

Pros:
>Absolute powerhouse for the price(especially if combined with a dock station), can do everything my studies and work requires, from cracking WPA2 handshakes to rendering short 720p videos for various reports and projects.
>cheap and abundant replacement batteries, though mostly off-brand, 9000mAh-ish does perfectly for 4 months now.
>Design is eternal, materials and build quality are questioning the laws of physics sometimes(thanks to the previous owner for taking good care of it).
>Fingerprint sensor is a nice to have, though I don't use it much.

Cons:
>Heavier than your average modern laptop. Kinda personal thing here, I don't mind carrying it around all day, though for some it might be a red flag.
>Absence of the HDMI port without dock station, as well as USB-C. Pretty obvious, but I had to buy some retarded ass VGA-HDMI adapter to be able to show my presentations.
>In peak loads heats up like a grill, about 85-90 degrees is the usual for me even with a turbine in a perfect condition and new thermal paste.

All in all - 12/10 on the personal scale, but for similar circumstances and price range - objectively speaking, 8/10 would be a fair score.
>>
does anyone have the Lenovo tianemen square chinese copypasta?
>>
>>101020081
I can offer you this one.

Buy a thinkpad x230 and install heads. Write protect the flash chip. Put nail polish on the screws and take high resolution pictures to ensure signs of tampering. Do NOT use a HDD or SSD. They have DMA so a malicious firmware could do a lot of damage, use of USB is preferred since they do not have DMA. Completely remove the microphone, sound card, webcam and the WWAN card from the laptop. Remove the fan to prevent binary acoustic data transmission. Replace the default wifi card with a supported atheros card. Disable wifi when not in use, preferably by physically removing the card. Make your own independent Linux distro from scratch. Most Linux distros value convenience over security and will thus never have good security. Your only option is to make your own. Use musl instead of glibc, Libressl instead of openssl, sinit instead of systemd, oksh instead of bash, toybox instead of gnu coreutils to reduce attack surface. Enable as little kernel modules as possible. Use a hardened memory allocator. Apply strong SELinux and sandboxing policies. Restrict the root account heavily to make sure it never gets compromised. Disable JavaScript and CSS in your browser. Block all FAGMAN domains in your hosts file. Monitor all network requests. Do not use a phone. Never speak near anyone who owns a phone, they are always listening. Never use any non-corebooted technology made after 2006. Never leave your devices unattended. Tape triple layer aluminum foil all around your room as tempest shielding. Type really quietly as defense against audio keylogging. Use ecc ram to minimize rowhammer and rambleed. Encrypt everything multiple times with various different encryption implementations. Compile everything from source. Use hardened compilation flags. Always read through the source before installing something if possible. Only use the internet when absolutely necessary.
>>
>>101005457
i saw your reddit post :>
>>
>>101020114
lol i was there for the original posting of this

do you remember the copypasta i'm referring to though?
>>
>>101014968
no its not i bought it a month ago
>>
>>101020153
Lost it, unfortunately. Sorry, bud.
>>
>>100993877
I got issued a T14s at work, it's my first time using one (me playing Chip's Challenge and Counter-Strike on my dad's IBM-branded one as a child doesn't count)
3 problems
Why the fuck is the exhaust on this thing on the right side where my mouse would be? It blows hot air and it pisses me off
The auto locking thing when you're away from the laptop, how do I disable it?
The Fn/Ctrl thing I already found in the BIOS, but still wtf? Who actually uses their laptops with the Fn key on the leftmost corner?
>>
My x260 didn't resume from standby today and didn't turn on at all until I pressed the reset button. Is it over?
>>
Worth it for £12 ?
>>
>>101023676
if you have use for it why not
>>
>>101020840
>Lenovo doesn't give a fuck about ergos anymore
>Depends on OS/Your IT department's policy, RTFM, write emails
>People that have Lenovo stockholm syndrome, its very fucking annoying, but this is how it is.

>>101023676
Do you need a backpack? They are quite nice generally, I have a DELL one work issued me and its really good quality, very nice luggage for work use.

Screams "I'm a white collar worker there are government documents and expensive electronics in this backpack" though.
>>
Having multiple computers sucks dick, sick of having a desktop but laptops generally suck dick.

I need a machine that:
>Has a good, non 16:9 screen, ideally low response time, 100%SRGB, high contrast panel, high resolution so I can use 200% scaling without an issue.
>Can drive a 4k 144Hz monitor without shitting itself
>Good linux support
>Doesn't run absurdly hot
>Good I/O, ideally at least 2 NVME slots/1 NVME 1 2.5"
>At least one SODIMM slot for RAM upgrades down the line

Am I just SOL unless I buy a framework 16"?
Money isn't really a consideration but I'd prefer to spend less than 1k, happy buying used.
>>
Are ebay chineseium "replacement chargers" generally safe for older 'Pads (need a 90w barrel charger for an R60) or should I be safe and seek out a legitimate original?
>>
>>101024849
greencell is non chink and makes replacement chargers
maybe you could go turbo autist mode and do the usb c charging mod on your r60
>>
>>101005484
For 1st-3rd gen, Cooling is pretty meh due to inherent design flaw: slim design with bare minimum cooling system forced to handle power hungry CPU & GPU.
Nothing much to configure. GPU is only one choice of low-end entry level dGPU, get i7 minimum i9 still won't hurt that much. The only big decision is the screen: 1080p or 4K (touch or non-touch), personally 1080p is already sufficient enough.

cooling, noise, battery life on 4th-6th gen are even worse:
1. Avoid i9: doesn't offer much difference to i7
2. Only stick to the lowest, low-end dGPU (RTX 2000 & below) with low TDP. P1 can't handle the heat from 3000 series and above, even with it's improved liquid metal cooling. Besides, higher-end GPU model only offer one SSD slot.
3. Again, consider the screen.

Design-wise, for slim workstation (Lenovo ThinkPad P1, Dell Precision 5000, HP ZBook Studio), consider the balance between performance & emission (noise, heat), power consumption. if you want maxed CPU & highest-end of dGPU, get bulky workstation instead (ThinkPad P16 / Precision 7000 / ZBook Fury)
>>
>>101024849
You can get barely used/still wrapped in plastic Lenovo charges on ebay for $20-30, no more expensive than buying the new 3rd party one
>>
File: 1690759168543.png (877 KB, 1139x631)
877 KB
877 KB PNG
I'm having issues finding my t440p, I think I accidentally threw it away during a move. Which way should I go now? That was my first Thinkpad and it treated me well. Should I just get the same thing? Get an older one or go more modern? I'd love to get a better battery life but newer Thinkpads aren't as upgradable and the older ones have trannyboot so I can avoid glowfag Intel backdoors. Which way should I go bros?
>>
>>101025446
t440p is pretty much the last good one in terms of no botnet
go for either t440p or x230
>>
File: 1701740080734.jpg (14 KB, 348x316)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>101025524
Thanks, is there anywhere I can verify which processors are safe with the t440p? If I got a t440p, I would want to upgrade it as much as I could. I really loved the keyboard on that machine. I'm mad I lost my old one.
>>
It is done.
>>
Turns out Trapcode is still alive. I thought he got stabbed and robbed when selling a ThinkPad on OfferUp.
https://youtu.be/MaOORTLJyzk?si=lP8kAjYaTHVAA_th
>>
>>101025683
it doesnt matter which processor you will use with it, the microcode and instruction set is same for all of them
just get the beefiest one possible
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/75131/intel-core-i7-4900mq-processor-8m-cache-up-to-3-80-ghz.html
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/78939/intel-core-i7-4910mq-processor-8m-cache-up-to-3-90-ghz.html
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/83503/intel-core-i7-4980hq-processor-6m-cache-up-to-4-00-ghz.html
make sure to use honeywell ptm
here is some inspiration https://youtube.com/watch?v=kJMahYZx_18
i dont know how you can lose a laptop but i would be damn pissed if mine vanished aswell
>>
>>101025978
holy shit i just posted link to tripcode video here >>101025979 at same time you made this post
what are the chances?
>>
>>101025683
Just get a ryzen laptop. It'll be so much faster it's not even funny. The run Linux beautifully.
>>
>>101025908
>45% NTSC, 300Hz
May as well use a TFT monitor from 2008
>>
File: 1715459249817314.png (372 KB, 575x916)
372 KB
372 KB PNG
>>101025996
Spooky
>>
>>101026206
its beyond spooky, the posts are exactly 1 id off
>978, 979
the 2 posts about tripcode were made right after each other with all the ai general spam
pure synchronicity THINKGODS are with us
>Verification not required.
>>
>>101025979
Moving across country. Thanks for the extra information.
>>101026011
I'm trying to get something budget.
>>
File: 1697307481447.jpg (125 KB, 826x871)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
Is 200 for a 5th gen Carbon X1 a good deal? It's the i7-7500U model with 16 GB of ram.
>>
File: LEAVES.jpg (317 KB, 3200x1800)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
Modern ThinkPad keyboards suck ass. They completeley flattened the keys and they have ass travel too.
Even older chiclets (T480) just had a soo satisfying feel. I used to aggressively type shit and navigate in excel workbooks, today I spammed the arrow keys on the T14 Gen 4 and it just felt tiring. What a complete shit.
>>
>>100998615
If you're using linux it's probably fine. Would definitely recommend upgrading it's components though. You'll really struggle to watch 1080p 60 fps youtube videos with those specs. You can watch them with no issues if you download them locally though
>>
>>101006628
We want them to last a long time
>>
>>101017182
I got my t440p for 40
>>
>>101014699
Repaste and clean your fans
>>
File: stallman.png (539 KB, 693x525)
539 KB
539 KB PNG
>>100993881
inane comment
>>
>>101023676
Looks like a steal to me
>>
>>101023920
P15 gen 2 would be a pretty good option for you needs.

They come with 8 core 11th gen i7 CPUs and at least a 4GB GDDR6 gpu. Some come with RTX Nvidia GPUs.

Could most certainly run a 4k monitor and has 4 NVME slots. It also has 4 RAM slots with a max of 128 GB. The I/O is also pretty good with 2 USB A ports, 2 thunderbolt ports, 1 USB C, and a full sized SD card slot

I'm basically just reading the specs sheet, but prices on ebay are around 500$ to $1400 depending on what specs you want

https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_P15_Gen_2/ThinkPad_P15_Gen_2_Spec.pdf
>>
File: EWe_xyfXkAgJ5K_.jpeg.jpg (107 KB, 720x846)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
One of my relatives has a budget of 1200 USD and is looking for a 2 in 1 laptop. I've looked over the thinkpad yoga models and all of them have soldered ram. Are there any modern, semi-reliable 2 in 1 laptops which have upgradable ram or nah?
>>
>>101027933
thinkpad x230t
>>
tiger lake vs alder lake? is there a big difference with battery life or should I just get whatever is cheaper?
>>
Is X1 Extreme (any gen) worth buying with the current price or it's still overpriced
>>
>>101020081
can anyone help me with this urgent issue?
>>
>>101031026
superfish lenovo service engine lenovo customer feedback program lenovo accelerator U.S. marine network security breach Intel Management engine

this is the list i've come up with before I add the Chinese translations, are there any more controversies I should add?
>>
>>101019571
Build quality of T440p and T540p are flimsy versus Dell Latitudes 6540, 6440, 6530, 6430, 6330. 6440 and 6540 use the same Haswell processors as T440p and T540p, the rest use the slightly older Ivy Bridge.

Are you carrying your machine in your hand or what? Use a messenger bag, briefcase, or backpack. T540p is significantly heavier, and it has been people's workhorse years ago. The weight together with your accessories isn't so noticeable in a proper bag.

T440p has a mini Displayport output, isn't that the better way to go for conversion to HDMI?

Thermal pads and soldering more copper to the heatsink pipe that connects the processor's spot to the fins and fan is worth a shot to keep temps below 85 centigrade. I only have a T540p with an i5-4310, it never gets so hot, it tends to stay under 80. Still a worthwhile processor within reason.

I didn't know FHD screen exists for the 440, my 540 does have one. I wouldn't mind a smaller resolution if it meant better quality. My 540's picture quality is dull and "lifeless" next to my E6440, E6330, and especially Asus TUF A17.
>>
>>101029295
whatever is cheaper, but if you do spend a good bit of time on low-CPU tasks like using your web browser and word processing, then alder lake has a big advantage on battery life if you use W11. W11 + e-cores + 80-100Wh battery = lots of hours of work, potentially. Now if you do a lot of CPU/GPU-intensive stuff, then it won't matter as much which CPU from each gen you decide on, I think. You'll go through your battery pretty quick either way.

Then you just have to consider if the screen is good enough for you and if you are getting sufficient RAM for your needs. Don't go by conventions, W11 uses 5GB RAM at idle, W10 a bit less, plus whatever software you will be using.
On my T540p, it's just GIMP that is capable of pushing the machine more, ~7GB is all i need, so two DDR3 4GB SODIMMs is all it has. My i7-12700 + 16GB DDR5 + RTX3060 machine that I run video games and Stable Diffusion on is an entirely different story.
>>
superfish 超级鱼 lenovo service engine 联想服务引擎 lenovo customer feedback program 联想客户反馈计划 lenovo accelerator 联想加速器 U.S. marine network security breach 美国海军网络安全漏洞 Intel Management Engine 英特尔管理引擎
>>
My X220 is somewhat falling apart with cracked edges, chips, the bezel sort of falling off. Perhaps that is the reason that I experienced what I think was a shock to my arm when using it and, perhaps I'm delusional, but I now feel and see an increase in my pulse and to a lesser extent, tingling in my body whenever I have to use it, but not my Macbook Air which I have for historical reasons, or my phone.

I still want to have a Linux laptop for main use, and I like the X220 for the keyboard, touchpoint, etc. I would like a brighter, larger/higher-res display if possible.

What should I get as a replacement from <$200 (ideally less)? Just an X230 perhaps, or should I get a quasi-nu-pad if I'm getting something 'new'? Are any W- or T-models worth considering?
>>
>>101032728
>I experienced what I think was a shock to my arm when using it and, perhaps I'm delusional, but I now feel and see an increase in my pulse and to a lesser extent, tingling in my body whenever I have to use it
It's love
>>
>>101032728
get x230
>I would like a brighter, larger/higher-res display if possible.
after some time do the fhd/2k screen mod which requires some skill
>>
>>101034190
What are some arguments for buying an older system?
>>
>>101034362
it just works
>>
File: 1717326067542859.jpg (4 KB, 250x190)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>sit for 4 hours installing arch with luks
>finally done, reboot computer
>grub rescue
grr
>>
>>101034472
how does that take 4 hours?
>>
>>101034486
i'm clearly retarded
>>
File: 1693317628019.jpg (100 KB, 750x1000)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Scored a t440p for 65 USD that includes a backlit keyboard. I have some extra RAM at home to upgrade it to 16 GB, so I'll just need a new touchpad and CPU. How'd I do?
>>
>>101035320
good price
>>
>there is a cheap ThinkPad 25 in auction for €300
>Already own T480 with CPU & GPU being direct sequel of the TP25.
>Despite the legendary keyboard & limited edition, feels like a big downgrade to own one.
feels bad man
>>
I want an x230 but it's hard to come by and expensive compared to newer models.
What is the next best x--- model?
>>
>>101035945
x301
x200
>>
File: 1692712461254.jpg (22 KB, 640x480)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>101035340
thanks, I felt like a real businessman getting this deal.
>>
>>101035977
>15 year old laptops
>intel core 2 duo
I mean, that's nice and all but that's just not good enough.
>>
>>101036058
>>15 year old laptops
ok and? computers dont get slower over time
>>
>>101036171
I have one 15 year old laptop and it can hardly run a modern day web browser.
So a computer doesn't get slower but computing demands have gone up. Besides, older laptops I've had tend to run hotter because of the thermal pads getting worn out and fans getting clogged.
I don't have the tools or skills to do that kind of maintenance.
>>
>>101036338
>I don't have the tools or skills to do that kind of maintenance.
screw driver, compressed air, new pads and paste, you can use honeywell ptm and never have to replace
>modern day web browser
use ublock origin or just disable javascript
revolt against this garbage
>>
>>101036356
I just want something that's a little less worn out and a tad more powerful than my current toaster.
>>
>>101005030
it stinky
>>
File: 1626132735279.jpg (48 KB, 550x503)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>Sold my T420 a few years back because i already had a W540
>lend W540 To my brother
>brother gets kicked out of the house by the wife
>she keeps MY laptop
>tfw no thinkpad
>>
>>101036660
T420 has ultrashit display though.
>>
>>101036695
you can replace it
>>
I know this is not tech support, but I really can't find a solution; I've installed win10 on a T560, and literally nothing works. There are no drivers, so windows can't even see NICs. I've downloaded some lenovo drivers from another computer, but it didn't achieve anything. Everything was fine under Fedora, but I need windows rn...
>>
>>101037299
try windows 11 ltsc
>>
>>101034472
did you build your initramfs
>>
>>101035375
you can take the keyboard out and put it in the T480
>>
>>101019166
bump
>>
>>101019571
You should definitely get a mini displayport to hdmi adapter so that you can send sound and video
>>
>>101031734
FHD IPS displays do exist for the T440p, definitely worth the upgrade
>>
>>101035320
Did it come with a hard drive?
>>
>>101036486
What toaster do you have currently?
>>
>>101036660
Go get your laptop back man
>>
>>101039100
X220 with an i5-2540M.
It just gets very hot even on light computing and I feel like it's just slightly lacking in power. Also, the battery lasts only 2 minutes, coupled with a few other issues I just think a replacement would be better.
>>
>>101038556
i know i did at one point in the process
from what i gather something got fucked while working on the /boot partition, which made grub not recognize it or whatever
i don't use uefi and my x230 is set to only boot legacy
>>
File: 1718736168086.webm (2.3 MB, 960x530)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB WEBM
>>101039316
Just use archinstall
>>
What's the meme set up for a Thinkpad? Gentoo and what DE/WM
>>
>>100996780
T480 is pretty good if: you replace the display for the low power igzo display, some undervolting, replace the batteries for new ones and you can get to 24hour battery life
>>
File: t_480.jpg (81 KB, 833x625)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>101040929
forgot picrel
>>
>>101040928
linux from scratch, toybox oksh, libressl, tinyx, dwm, st
>>
>>101040948
winshit stats are irrelevant, show powertop on loonix
>>
thinkbump (humping G40)
>>
Hello, never been on this thread.
Got a cheap refurbished t495s.
Knew before buying that it's not great, mainly due to the soldered ram, but price point felt like a good deal.
I read something about using the WWAN slot for an extra SSD, but most info seems to be that the 495s can't do that. Couldn't find a definite answer though.
Has anyone here tried?
>>
>>101043119
anything after x200 should be able to use msata ssd fine, atleast i think so
>>
>>101010388
What's the fat girl plaptop on bottom?
>>
>>101043212
G40 on bottom, x200 on top
>>
>>101043150
I don't think this one can slot msata at all. It's all nvme pcie.
>>
>>101043360
wwan is the msata slot
>>
File: wwan ssd.jpg (48 KB, 891x741)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>101043610
Not from what I'm seeing
>>
>>101043680
buy cheap 16gb msata ssd and try it, i dont see why it wouldnt work
>>
>>101043730
Because it is not sata
>>
looking for the name of that russian company that sells classic lenovo thinkpads (x220 iirc) with new processors
>>
>>101043744
the retard sheet says unlikely with no data
>>
>>101044166
Thank you for your input !
I wonder why I came here with my question
>>
>>101025908
>chinkbook
CHINK'D
>>
File: pic rel is worh?.png (106 KB, 1221x280)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
is worth?
>>
>>101045881
Why bother? I got a Latty 7280 for $20 from my local university's surplus store that shits all over that. For $80 I got a Latty 5410 w/ 10610u and 16GB of ram. Look for better deals
>>
Have a T430 as my daily for maybe 5 years now. The left hinge is damaged, still works well, but maybe I need a new computer.

Been thinking about picking up a p71 for around 350. I would prefer something with an express card slot. Thoughts on this?
>>
>>101032728
>bro gets closer to his thinkpad at last
>it starts sending him electrical signals
>he wants to dump it

no no no

get new chassis off taobao/ali and rebuild
>>
:-) tfw finally got your hands on your grail ideapad
>>100994084
good. laptops are ssh machines for xeon servers with ecc memory
>>
>>100993877
r8 your current thinkpad
>>
>>101048901
90 degrees currently, so it's pretty hot.
>>
how miserable would daily driving a T500 would be in year 2024? I need a beater laptop to take with me on vacation for coding. Was thinking of an old thinkpad so that I wouldn't feel bad if it got broken or stolen.

6GB ram but i should have 2 ddr3 4gb sticks somewhere and a 250gb ssd to put into it.

Alternatively, I could go for some E-series I suppose?
>>
>>101049353
New E-Series (E14/16), compared to it's all previous models have decently improved in build quality.
Still inferior to T/X even L series, but it's due to all these mainstream series are stagnating, if not deteriorating.
>>
>>101049460
By e-series I meant old thinkpad elites like E540, sorry for the confusion.
>>
>>101019166
bump
>>
>>101049522
weren't they called Edge?
>>
what's the difference between heads and skulls compared to regular coreboot?
if i have experience with compiling and flashing coreboot is there any reason to switch over to using heads or skulls instead?
>>
File: 1692702249756.jpg (65 KB, 1007x1024)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>101039071
128gb SSD, not the just but it's usable until I upgrade the rest. Plan is larger SSD, get the best deal I can on a quad core i7, get better ram, swap touchpad, and upgrade the screen.
>>
>>101052197
heads is focused on security and boot integrity
>>
File: bat.jpg (496 KB, 1920x1080)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
After decade of faithful service my CMOS battery finally died. Is there a proven chink supplier of spare parts or do I need need to put my faith in ebay?
>>
>>101053356
recell it
>>
>>101053363
Tempting, I even have spare CR2016, would just need to get conductive tape, soldering it on seems like bad idea.
>>
>>101053812
>soldering it on seems like bad idea.
you need soldering iron AND spot welder to do it right
but someone in previous thread avoided spot welder and just used tape lmao
try finding that in the archives
>>
>>101052445
how do they achieve that and how can it be done in regular coreboot?
>>
File: 1693741366290516.jpg (700 KB, 800x818)
700 KB
700 KB JPG
>>100993877
New to thinkpads, looking for something around 200 usd and no more than 300 for coding and outdoor productivity. The cheaper the better, but bang for buck takes priority.
Looking at T480 with an i7, as most people have called it the 'last great thinkpad'.
Thoughts?
>>
>>101054771
/boot directory is signed with hardware key
each boot - /boot signatures are verified with hardware key
there is more to this but all you need to know
you can disable security in heads by enabling simple mode in settings, now you have coreboot with cute gui
>how can it be done in regular coreboot?
you add the feature yourself
>>
>>101054821
thats fine, make sure to get the low power display and buy new batteries
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32988045114.html
if its for outdoor activity, you will easily get 20 hour battery life with those
consider x230 if you want something smaller, but will have about 8 hours of battery life
>>
>>101055093
is heads using the tianocore payload to do this with secureboot?
>>
>>101055902
no, well atleast /boot verification is independent of anything
there is also tpm involved but i did not pay attention to that, they have matrix chat you can probably figure out all functionality from there
heads: i dont want people to backdoor my kernel when im not looking and i dont have tim to mess around
coreboot: ill do it myself or just want bs free boot firmware
>>
>>101046470
If you can get one for that price, it would be a great deal
>>
thinkbump
>>
hey bros my lenovo y50's screen broke and i can use it with an external monitor but only when the system loads. like i dont see the lenovo logo when it usually boots up. from my research i think i found out that i have to open my laptop and remove the screen from to motherboard...
is this true? because i need to fix it because what if my system breaks or i have to do something in my bios...
>>
>>101049353
with a light linux setup you'll be fine. Battery life/finding a good battery might be an issue if you won't be plugged in most of the time.

Get ublock origin & h264ify and it'll still be decent enough. These older CCFL screens are always a gamble though (assuming you haven't bought the T500 yet).
>>
anyone else here daily driving a W70*? Got a mint W700ds for cheap a week ago and it's pretty comfy
>>
>>101060218
>Got a mint W700ds for cheap a week ago and it's pretty comfy
fuck im jealous, how much did you pay?
>>
>>101060298
about $200 usd, was gonna try and flip it but I love it and I know I'm probably never going to find a better deal for it. Swapped in a really nice T60 NMB keyboard as well.
>>
>>101060372
keep it forever, never get rid of it
great price btw
>>
File: 1000845761.jpg (1.36 MB, 2828x2608)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>100993877
non ThinkPad user question.
does anyone know where I can find a replacement battery for an e4300. sites like eBay are a no go cus I'm not in the US and Amazon doesn't list them? do I just go hunting in the garbage? do I hire a hitman to kidnap the CEO of dell? what do?

picrel is laptop
>>
>>101053835
Needing welding/soldering is bullshit to avoid having a socket, literally nothing outside of laptops uses soldered button batteries, not even desktops.
>>
>>101061523
>core2duo
cringe

recell your battery - swap out the stock 18650 cells for new ones, look up guides and videos to this procedure
>>
>>101055970
>full disk encrusting
>bootloader on usb
>usb up the ass
>uncomfortable 7 years
>>
File: 1000845600.jpg (11 KB, 194x259)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>101061592
thanks bro
>>
Probably stupid question, on dell latitude bios battery information is the "Battery level" the level of charge or level of the battery as in 99% is 99/100 of battery capacity? Or is something like the battery report from windows more accurate in the xxxx mwh/xxxx mwh capacity?
>>
>>101034190
Keyboard mod too?
>>101047001
Did not consider this
How much is reasonable to pay? I at least see palmrest for 11 EUR
/is this simple/straightforward?

(The damages are quite widespread though--the battery is cracked, the front beneath the palmrest is split, there are chips out of it, and the bezel appears to be falling off)
>>
>>101055970
would you by any chance know how the /boot verification works? does it involve an actual encrypted /boot or does it still leave /boot unencrypted for the bootloader?
>>
>>101064481
>Keyboard mod too?
yes if you are autistic, japanese layout if you are even more autistic
i have jp x220 keyboard on my x230 and its cute
>>101065206
its unencrypted and signed with hardware key
boot/
vmlinuz vmlinuz.sig
initamfs initramfs.sig
hashes.txt
when you want to boot, the firmware instructs hardware key to check sigs, hardware key is independent of your laptop firmware and it will blink green or red
>>
are the snapdragon incelpads going to be any good
>>
I might get a Framework, I like the idea of repairability
>>
hey guys, so i bought a refurbished i5 T480 but they accidently sent me a i7 T490 with way more extras. wuld ya'll keep it cuz its way more expencive or send it back for a T480? I decided for the T480 cuz i just wanted a cheap laptop on wich i could do an easy battery swap in a few years in case it got weak so how much less exchangable are parts on the T490 ?
>>
I'm never buying anything from "refurbish" websites ever again.
>>
not a thinkpad or even a laptop but it's a business product (dell optiplex) so ill post this here
>looking for a small desktop that doesnt make a shit ton of noise & won't be immediately obsolete
>read about those mini optiplexes people sometimes use for servers
>hmm, i want a new one
>go to dell's website
>$749 USD, kind of a ripoff but whatever
>look at the specs
>these fucking faggots are putting single-channel RAM into machines that cost over a grand without sale discounts
how do they get away with this kikery
>>
>>100995425
What lenovos charge with USB-C? Are they gigacucked like most USB-C charging laptops I've seen? I love the convenience, but hate that it's entirely galaxy books/macbooks/chromebooks that charge with it, would love a real laptop that does.
>>
>>101071642
buy used hp z220
you can flash coreboot
enough max ram, ecc support with xeon
low power xeon exists
can probably be passively cooled or noctua fans everywhere
>>
You guys telling me I'm supposed to be able to get a used price on eBay? Probably not but even semi-older models like the earlier gens have people selling them at full price even if they're missing an SSD or something so I think I'd rather order directly because I'm only finding refurbished editions on low-spec laptops.

Lenovo VIP perks let me have something like this for 1400 CAD, can probably bring it lower with sales reps. Should I go all in?
>>
Why did lenovo remove the caps indicator led in later X2-- models?
>>
>>101040958
You forgot coreboot/libreboot
>>
>>101071082
Better to just roll the dice on eBay
>>
Is there a way to be sure a thinkpad is completely linux compatible? Just had an experience where one had a mediatek wifi card, which has no linux driver. Most spec pages don't mention things like that. I've also heard bad things about realtek wifi cards.
>>
>>101073379
no i did not because https://github.com/linuxboot/heads/
>>
Just ordered my first Thinkpad, what do I need to know
>>
File: 1707462324549331.png (58 KB, 1200x800)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
what's the cheapest thinkpad I can buy for basic programming and web browsing that will remain usable for a few years?
battery life and build quality are also a plus, can spend more if it makes my choices less shit
>t. idiot overwhelmed by choices, looking to spend < 100 us if possible
>>
>>101071082
We tried telling you.

>>101070516
The couple of times I've heard of that happening here, the buyers have kept the 490. It's up to you.
>>
What's the best way to undervolt an X390 on the latest BIOS with a 10th gen i7? I could swear I did it through some advanced BIOS in the past, but I can't find any mention of that now.
>>
File: 1666348009529758.png (1.31 MB, 753x737)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>101071642
>>
>>101074900
T440P (/450/460/470)
>Verification not required.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>101025063
>get bulky workstation instead (ThinkPad P16 / Precision 7000 / ZBook Fury)
ive got a zbook fury 15 g7 and for a powerful workstation it doesnt feel retardly bulky at all compared to the others ive had (dell precision 7000 series, lenovo p50+p53).
the most portable it ever needs to be for me these days is going from the desk to the couch but if i had to take it places it would be no problem at all.
its also the easiest to upgrade laptop ive ever owned and it wont ever be beat, one screw on the back
https://youtu.be/GAu76VhmYxk
>>
is there any point in buying modern thinkpads?
>>
I don't believe any of you get actual battery life from crusty old stinkpads
>>
What's the best used lappy I can get for ~200 ameribux? No hard requirements on size or screen and I certainly don't care about camera
>>
>reverse notch
Yikes
>>
Is there a such thing as 121 wh battery for Thinkpad?
>>
File: IMG_9071.jpg (306 KB, 1290x1280)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
Just got a t490s from my work. Will this thing work? eBay and Amazon listings are saying different things
>>
>>101078815
Literally every old Thinkpad had a bump of some sort for the wifi/wwan antennas, zoomer child. You are a faggot.
>>
>>101078788
My local college sells off its computers to the public. $200 will get you a Dell precision 3551 with clit mouse, i7 10750H, quadro p620, and 16gb of ram with another free slot. They go on sale on schedule so you can get them for under $100 if you get lucky. I got one for $120 and it's been fantastic
>>
>>101031734
>Build quality of T440p and T540p are flimsy versus Dell Latitudes 6540, 6440, 6530, 6430, 6330. 6440 and 6540 use the same Haswell processors as T440p and T540p, the rest use the slightly older Ivy Bridge.
Never had a Dell laptop, so I can't really say. But gonna trust you blind on that one.
>Are you carrying your machine in your hand or what? Use a messenger bag, briefcase, or backpack. T540p is significantly heavier, and it has been people's workhorse years ago. The weight together with your accessories isn't so noticeable in a proper bag.
Yes, I do, since my job requires walking around the facility a lot sometimes. And I also have a proper backpack to carry it everywhere else.
>Thermal pads and soldering more copper to the heatsink pipe that connects the processor's spot to the fins and fan is worth a shot to keep temps below 85 centigrade. I only have a T540p with an i5-4310, it never gets so hot, it tends to stay under 80. Still a worthwhile processor within reason.
Gonna look into that, thanks.
>I didn't know FHD screen exists for the 440, my 540 does have one. I wouldn't mind a smaller resolution if it meant better quality. My 540's picture quality is dull and "lifeless" next to my E6440, E6330, and especially Asus TUF A17.
It sure does. I have one. IPS. They are also relatively cheap.
>>
>>101005030
There are worse thinkpads.
>>
>>101074960
>We tried telling you.
I must've missed that.
But I just got a thinkpad and they shipped it without the ssd that I chose as an option. So I was trying to install linux on it but for the longest time I was to dumb too understand why I couldn't get it to work because the installer kept crashing before it even started.
Until I decided to screw it open and see there was no drive at all. Also it got shipped with some scandi keyboard layout and they just put the US qwerty stickers over the backlit keyboard keys.

Bunch of scumbags, they should've just told me.
>>
>>101069869
Would be perfect if it had a trackpoint keyboard as an option.
>>
Anyone know the status of t420 coreboot?
>>
File: 1702006838147.jpg (251 KB, 821x869)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
Any big differences between 4702mq vs 4712mq for my t440p?
>>
>>101081520
I like trackpads myself. Also if you don't like them then I guess you could just hook up an external mouse or trackball etc.

I really don't like trackpoints myself, but to each their own.
>>
>>101080184
Not him but that's pretty good, maybe I should try that kind of thing
>>
>>101081587
what do you mean?? that has been out for years
>>101081815
check intel ark
>>
>>101082092
>I really don't like trackpoints myself, but to each their own.
Brave of you to post that in a thinkpad thread. One of the major reasons I stick with them is because they have trackpoints, trackpads have gotten better in the last 10 years but I still don't use them if I have the option not to. Being forced to use a mouse with a laptop just to have a better pointer experience sounds like shit, too. I just don't see why Framework - a company that seems to be trying to brand itself for enthusiasts and modders - hasn't released a keyboard with a trackpoint. Seems like a serious oversight.
>>
>>101080184
I can and am planning to buy from 'merica, but I'm not there so I'd have to go with something that allows for online shopping
>>
File: file.png (1.23 MB, 3150x1625)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
bros?
>>
is there any way to cycle trough files within a folder with the terminal? say i want to run a file with ./application-linux-000081-version-02312348237-x64.sh, it's very annoying to write everything out. i could go into the folder and manually copy the file name and paste it in the terminal but that's also alot of steps
>>
>>100993877
buy my modded shit pad
t430 with 2k IPS screen mod, i7 quad core, 16gb ram, 1tb wwan ssd + 128gb ssd, dual heatsink cooler.
270 bucks in europe only, us niggas know that our used market is fucked up, hit me on ebay
>>
>>101084976
write a couple of character, and hit tab until you get to your favourite file?
>>
>>101083875
The OP says that other business laptops are welcome though.
>I just don't see why Framework - a company that seems to be trying to brand itself for enthusiasts and modders - hasn't released a keyboard with a trackpoint. Seems like a serious oversight.
If there was a massive demand for trackpoints then surely they'd offer trackpoints. I guess they have to focus their attention on the most demanded features, because they only have so many resources. E.g. they focus their Linux support on just a few distros (the most popular ones) because they don't have the resources to provide support for tons of distros.

Maybe Framework laptops aren't the right choice for some people; fair enough. For my needs though, the Framework 13 looks pretty good. Although I could just get some second-hand Dell or HP from eBay maybe.
>>
saving this thread from page 11
>>
>>101087336
Heroes don't always wear capes
>>
Should i get a t495 or a t480??? Mostly looking for portability and some good cpu performance, also i need support for opencore (schools exam software doesnt run on linux, dont wanna use windows as i just prefer macos)
>>
>>101084894
>Refurbished = our highly trained third world 60IQ down syndrome nigger employees lazily attempted wiping the cum off the screen with a damp rag, then shipped it to you.
Stop paying a premium for this. You're better off with eBay.
>>
>>101085242
post pics, im not interested but i want to see the 2k screen
>>
>>101084976
alias nigger = application-linux-000081-version-02312348237-x64.sh

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.