[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Okay, I'm honestly tired of keep trying and failing so I have two straight questions regarding social media services:

1)What EXACTLY triggers Facebook automated anti-bot banning system? I tried few times before but it always activate sooner or later. First try was with Proton mail, account was blocked before I posted anything within few hours. Maybe it don't like Proton so I made one with (not really on use, one of 4) Gmail account. This one lasted a week (behaving oddly anyway like showing me "recommended" posts in Cyrillic despite not using any VPN and having Polish IP) but as soon as I sent any message, I got blocked again. Each time for "violating community standards" which, apparently include making "fake accounts" which is used for justifying asking for ID card scan (line I will never cross). So what's the deal?

2) Serious question I have here: is this whole fight really worth it? I mean, out of family, only those who use phone application for FB don't have their accounts blocked. I suppose it serve as authenticator but I don't really want FB to collect all data from my Google mail and browser on phone, mainly used for 4chan. But then again, what will they do with this data anyway? Try to sell me products? Display ads I will automatically ignore? I'm tired of this war Im clearly losing and wonder if it is really worth it at all.

Thanks for any help.
>>
Anyone?
>>
why do you need facebook? it's gay. just use email.

more related to your question: aggressive fake account blocking wasn't a thing till a couple of years ago. i still have a fake account that went under the radar. i think it's because accounts that are more "aged" seem more legit to facebook's retarded anti-bot software. so old fake accounts still exist while new fake accounts get deleted.
>>
>>101201464
My country still have some sort of soft spot for FB. Organisation I wanted to contact lately about photos I made for them reply to email once per week or something while they are frequently active on FB. People think I'm suspicious when I admit I don't have FB/IG account and upload photos to my own site instead. Community for certain wargame I try to play use solely FB for organising games. There are frequent reports of people.being unable to find job because HR tried to find them on social medias without success and decided that they are not to be trusted. And so on. Without it, I'm essentially locked out at best, considered criminal at worst.

>fake account

This is honestly bullshit. Yes, I know that there are dicks who try to earn just few rupees or whatever by spamming some shit but why everyone else must get fucked up from that? All I want is to contact few people, why I suddenly have to prove all the time that I'm actual human? Mentioned ID card scan is pure bullshit of highest degree since you can easily take loans based on such scans. I'm supposed to send them such confidential data without any guarantee it won't get leaked or captured by third party? I'm sure as he'll it's not even encrypted.
>>
Sex with YouTube
>>
Shameful self-bump
>>
>>101199952
>Serious question I have here: is this whole fight really worth it?

it's facebook, so no.

i have observed the annoyingly difficult/almost immediate bans too. in my case, i was just creating a burner account to look up former classmates to see how fat they are, so i wasn't too burned up that i couldn't do that and moved onto something else.
>>
>>101203923
But we are not talking about looking for fat girls pics for fun, we are talking about possible scenario where you can't contact some important people for bussines because they only use facebook insted of email. Or being treated as suspicious person and so on.
>>
>>101201651
from >>101201412 right?
>>
>>101204011
what difference does it make what you intend to do with the platform? facebook has deemed you operating outside the terms of their platform and are banning you from it.

they aren't obligated to disclose how/why you're being banned, but you evidently are flagged as such.

i don't know of a workaround, only that i've experienced it myself. and in my case, i don't care.

i'd love to use facebook marketplace to buy/sell stuff, but i'm wrapped up in their anti-abuse system too so i can't... so fuck them. i won't use their platform at all.
>>
>>101201412
>pedo
>>
>>101204220
Reddit is the other way.
>>
>>101199952
I got my account closed for just using the marketplace to advertise my Dad's plumbing site. Showed them proof it was me and got reinstated. Then banned again for good later on. Hadn't done anything shady and they wouldn't tell me wtf I did wrong.

My guess is, I think? I didn't have a profile pic, don't remember now. Also didn't tie my phone number to the account and might have used a different email. Their tracking system didn't like it and wanted to connect my info with the established data they had on me, and they couldnt'.

Made a new account with my phone number and they never gave me shit for it again. So basically, add your phone number.
>>
>>101204468
If I will get back (right now stuck on showing photo part, if they will ask for ID I'm out) so that's good idea. Thanks.

However, you pointed out interesting thing - "wanted to connect my info with the established data they had on me, and they couldnt". I made separate Firefox profile for FB without usual anti-tracking stuff in solely to make their systems not getting meltdown. But freshly made account, before I messaged anything, started getting "recommendations" clearly addressed towards either Russian or Ukrainian people. Sure, there are lot of Ukrainian refugees in my city right now but still, it looks like their system went completely bonkers. Maybe literally nothing made sense in their patchwork of data they managed to collect so far. And no, my WiFi was not compromised, I checked.
>>
>>101199952
kill, marry, nakaԁashi
>>
>>101204735
Why not marry YT instead then?
>>
>>101205371
because cunny is not meant for nkds, only for oral and tummy cumshots
>>
>>101205371
marriage implies nakaԁashi, but also impregnation and hand holding
>>
>>101206323
I would not be able to type this if I tried
>>
>>101201464
This isn't true, not least because I think it just encourages the purchase and sale of old Facebook accounts on black markets.
I have an account from almost 10 years ago and it's been bot-blocked, I believe because I was using a VPN. They're demanding that I show them my ID or I won't be able to login anymore.
>>
>>101206323
There is too much lewdness here, anon. Even /d/ would blush.
>>
>>101206376
Why FB insist on this whole ID thing? This is one of more confidential stuff. In my country, only banks and government related services can ask for one as, in many cases, it's equivalent of normal ID, with all consequences that comes with it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.