[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ew.jpg (26 KB, 680x383)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
do people really use react and similar shit? it's way too complicated. yikes. frontend webdev is a shitshow. all you do is move divs around bro.

t. systems programmer
>>
html and css is enough for web dev. everything else is bloat.
>>
>>101202076
>do people really use react and similar shit?
Yes
>it's way too complicated.
It didn't start that way but now, Yes.
>yikes.
Yes
>frontend webdev is a shitshow.
Yes
>all you do is move divs around bro.
Yes
>>
Yes, they need like 500 npm packages to to save stuff to session storage and have a js class that corresponds to some REST endpoint.
>>
>>101202076
I'm pretty grateful to my colleague for, at worst, using Bootstrap to quickly prototype a design. Other than that she writes all her frontends fully from scratch with no supporting libraries.
>>
>>101202154
>she
>>
>>101202182
I know, hard to believe, but this is in an Eastern European airline so y'know, we're not occupied by trannies (yet)
>>
>>101202182
There are tons of biological women in frontend webdev.
>>
>>101202223
>women
>>
>>101202182
It's Frontend webdev
It's full of asian women calling themselves "UX Engineers"
>>
>>101202154
>a woman
>no libraries
She must be cooking up some really Really shoddy code
>>
>>101202154
shes basically created her own framework. soon it will become a company-wide framework and you will have to learn it instead of learning an industry-standard framework
>>
>>101202236
It's true. Backend and low-level programming fields are the ones that are usually filled with trannies.
It is why the designs now got so much simpler and also why they change all the time, cause a woman is not going to stick to a specific design for many years, they change them for the sake of it.
>>
>>101202076
>functions are complicated
the only "system" you've worked on is fizzbuzz
>>
dont think it's very complicated but cant use it because i had better ideas (components but like that), if i see react or vue code i feel no control
>>
the real purpose of react is job security
you didn't hear that from me
>>
>>101204600
you are such a midwit it's unreal.
you don't even know what systems programming actually means, lmfao.
explain to me how react works, faggot. tell me what all those dozen hooks are for. not how you use them, i dont want you to prove that you've memorized some syntax, i want you to tell me exactly how they're implemented. here's the thing: either you can't (likely) or are too braindead to understand how that's too much complexity for what is just essentially displaying some data with divs.
>>
>>101205600
You're just adding a few buttons on a website, chill faggot
>>
>>101202076
What? React is simple and elegant. Hooks and functional components made react really nice to use. Functional approach and JSX is the way to go.

>>101205600
I bet you also dislike Rust, Mr systems programming.
>>
>>101207580
>React is simple and elegant.
Kys
>>
>>101202076
as ironical it is, it's true. Even if the whole point was to make it simpler.

Vue2 still works, even if it's abandoned now. That's pretty simple.
>>
>>101207656
>t. brainlet

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.