[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6074.jpg (280 KB, 2000x1333)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
Programming is obsolate now.
What to do with Comp Sci degree now?
>>
File: 1713099894444096.jpg (110 KB, 1024x1024)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
So what are you trying to say that I enrolled to college for a 4 year degree for nothing?
>>
you double major in ECE and actually do something that mostly not bullshit
>>
>>101206781
Cybersecity
AI
>>
>>101206781
you go back in time and go to a ivy league to become a SWE
>>
>>101206781
Uber until the cars drive themselves. Then you should have lived long enough to kys peacefully.
>>
>>101210213
>ivy league
I got my degree at Berkeley. That's not good enough anymore? Do people who say "ivy league" not know about the MIT/Stanford/Berkeley/CMU/UIUC computer science pentarchy?
>>
>>101210261
>I got my degree at Berkeley
What the fuck did you do wrong? People get into Jane Street from Berkeley. What internships did you do? I'm sorry anon but you need to apply more or fix your CV. This is a strange discrepancy.
>>
I don't have a comp sci degree
I am however now switching to getting a degree which is AI and machine learning related so that I can contribute to further developing AI to improve and become better at programming
The future is exciting
>>
>>101210213
Can confirm. I'm a SWE with an Ivy league degree. It's not even a CS degree.
>>
>>101206781
The type of programming that can be automated with AI isn't useful for large projects, and especially for anything creative. A retarded trained monkey can't just copy paste code snippets from stackoverflow and expexlct shit to work.
>>
>>101206781
Academic theoretical CS. And no, it's not too hard for CS degree holders - Widgerson just got the Turing Award and his degrees through PhD are in CS. Being a wagie is for silly normie NPCs anyways and you may as well go all in.
>>
>>101206781
Join military. It's the only job with secure career. Free from risks being fired. Not to mention huge benefits & bonuses
>>
>>101213491
You got me bro, what's your military recruiter code so I can use it when I join?
>>
>>101206781
>Programming is obsolate now.
No it isn't, stay on vkontakte with the other sewage.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.