[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1699406880561862.jpg (408 KB, 1600x720)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
Eurofaggot here
Divided between finishing my computer science degree or becoming an aircraft mechanic.
Any of you /g/entleman could help a brother out?
>>
I would hire an aircraft mechanic for a coding job but not a computer scientist in an airplane repair shop.
>>
cs is dead thanks to ai
aircrafts are dying because of boeing
idk anon
>>
>>101207805
Unless you have a project in mind or actually have an understanding of CS concepts already I cannot recommend it in good faith. Not sure what the market is for aircraft mechanics in Eurostan but I'm sure it would pay about the same. If you got the itch to do programming after becoming a mechanic, you could always use your experience in aircraft mechanics to create niche software and make good money that way.
>>
>>101207805
nato is literally spreading their assholes to get engineer from technical european universities into weapon programs. you'll see a lot of feminist women and trannies though, like actually more than in a CS course thanks to the gorillion of euros spent on inclusion (scholarships for women ONLY) and propaganda
>>
>>101208627
NATO has their own mechanics, unless you go military no way in hell youll work for them, plus civillian aviation pays more
>>
Fuck NATO.
>>
>>101209734
i obviously meant working for the main military companies. they have internships and projects now funded by NATO. high grade politicians and generals go visit the schools themselves
>>
>>101207805
>asks other people for direction on what to do instead of blazing their own path

You should be an aircraft mechanic OP. Mechanics are supposed to read and follow instructions in the manual to the letter, something I have a feeling is more up your alley. Leave the manual writing to engineerichads.
>>
>>101207805
Please choose aircraft, we already have too many people (most indians) in cs
>>
>>101207805
>aircraft mechanic.
If this is a feasible career for you then pursue this, it will probably pay more and have more job security
>>
>>101207805
I would definitely go with computer science and software development. It is still a great career.
If you find coding tinkering with computers boring, then maybe choose another option.
>>
>>101207805
Both can be greatly successful and there are so many fields in both that no one can give you a clear cut answer. /g/ is also biased being filled with poojeets who can't land a programming job.

Having said that, I know an aircraft mechanic personally and I used to work for an airline so knew a lot of those engineers. They all love their jobs though it could just be that they are autistic and into planes.

Airports are usually close to or have good access to city centers.

The aircraft mechanic I know personally laments that she isn't getting paid as much as some software engineers (in MAGA) or mining engineers but pretty sure she makes a comfortable six figures.

Do you have any connections anon? Try to take advantage of it if you can, it will make your life so much easier.
>>
>>101207805
>between finishing my computer science degree or becoming an aircraft mechanic.
Finish your degree. You bought the ticket, take the ride. Most students get the urge to wiggle out of completing their studies at some point, and try to pin it on stuff like poor job prospects and not being interested in the field any more. The truth is you're just rationalizing not wanting to see a long-running, difficult task to completion.
You switch to studying to be an aircraft mechanic, you're just going to repeat the same behavior part-way through your study.
If you're only a couple of months into your course then considering switching is valid. If you're further on than that, it is not.
Once you complete your course, it's an achievement that can't be taken from you. UNTIL you complete your course, it's possible to convert the whole thing into a complete waste of time and money on a whim like this by second-guessing yourself.
Don't do it.
>>
>>101207805
finish your cs diploma then work at MBDA to make missiles
>>
>>101207805
Just kill yourself, honestly. Life isn't worth living these days. Everything's gone to shit.
>>
>>101207805
Aircraft mechanic is much more fulfilling.
>>
>>101208207
he is an euro, airbus is better than ever thanks to boeing
>>
You're not wanted here. Go play with airplanes. Fuck off.
>>
>>101214491
Why so rude anon? :(
>>
>>101207805
Choose cs in EU is retarded. Mechanic, then continue specialization.
>>
aircraft mechanic, 100%
You will regret computer science.
>>
>>101216728
Why do you say that anon?
>>
>>101207805
Degree then military?
Military then degree?
Thing is it is easier to learn when you are younger, if you have opportunity now take advantage of it.
Life is never straight forward, you may lose an opportunity to complete your degree if you go military.
But if you know going military will provide security that a degree alone cannot have, then maybe choose that.
In hind sight I would have joined the navy here in US, only because it would provide more life security than otherwise. Vets have better job security later, grants, and it just is good exposure in general to have that experience.
If you aren't some super intelligent prodigy with a social circle of elite fellows with a guaranteed job at end of degree then consider the security over the degree, for now.
>>
>>101218406
anon in europe we dont need to go to the army for benefits or shit, and vets doesnt get the shit you get in the usa, at least in my country they have preference to be policemen, and a very slight for a public servicemen
>>
>>101207805
>Any of you /g/entleman could help a brother out?
The key advantage of finishing your degree is that it shows you can finish what you start. That's something that employers really do look for; they don't ever want people who flake out when the going gets tough!
You can change career after finishing. Nobody will think that weird. Also, aircraft need plenty of software; avionics code doesn't happen by magic.
>>
>>101207805
Be an aircraft mechanic so you can fix NATO jets that will be shot down by Putin.
>>
>>101207805
Fuck off, we're full. Work on airplanes instead.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.