[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

When are gonna nips restart the digishit production? Will they restart the production at all?
While one might think that digishits are no longer needed due to phones, it is not the case. Phones are too small to jam good optics inside, especially zoom lenses.
So argument of "we won't make cameras that can be replaced with a phone" is kinda full of shit.
I think what did stop the sales of digishits, is corona. People bought digishits when they were traveling and realized that their phone kinda sucks. Or alternatively, they didn't just want to drain their phone battery in middle of nowhere in country where they don't speak local language for shit.

Seeing the success of Fuji X100VI or whatever it's called and similar big-ish sensor cameras, I wonder if they will start making bridge or compact cameras with smaller sensor but zoom lenses so you can get in close up and personal?
Or the success (of sort) Taiwanese Kodak digishits that are literally 2012 low-end digishit that is still manufactured today for some reason.

Think about it. Imagine what can you achieve with a modern phone sensor (which are quite big these days, 1/1.7" etc.), coupled with much bigger lens!
>>
no idea what you're rambling about. there are plenty of crop sensor cameras with fixed lenses available in all price categories.
>>
as someone who doesnt know too much about cameras, is there any new big tech or upcoming invention that will be big in the camera world? aside from AI
>>
>>101209410
AI would never be of any use in cameras. Camera is a device that collects light and shits out a jpeg or raw. Not a fancy picture. Which is another reason why phones suck as camera, since all manufacturers think AI pimple removal and what not is a good and sane default, while in reality it is not.
There is no new tech. Just polishing old tech. Marginally better sensors, marginally better lenses, marginally better manufacturing methods.
>>
>>101209463
>AI would never be of any use in cameras
from the little that i've seen, one of the biggest QoL useful 'newer' things is AI automatic subject eye lock-on, making sure it focuses on the thing that you want regardless of the environment
>>
>>101209490
for example: https://youtu.be/f4DmruRAw-s?t=215
>>
File: Negato.png (3.34 MB, 1794x1089)
3.34 MB
3.34 MB PNG
>>101209090
They’re too busy re-arming for war with china.
Except they’re on our side now. You definitely want that fiendish war machine on you side once it gets going.
>>
>>101209490
Eye detect AF isn't AI.
>>
>>101209603
its based on neural networks, same building blocks modern "AI" LLMs are
>>
File: GBAjOz6aQAAZ6iF.png (426 KB, 640x452)
426 KB
426 KB PNG
>>101209641
Still doubt it, but I'm not gonna bother figuring out if that's how it works or no.
Thing is, eye and face detection was in cameras long before the AI craze.
>>
>>101209090
I didn't read all of your ramblings but if you want a fun, affordable and compact camera ecosystem take a look at micro four thirds.
>>
>>101209778
neural networks existed since the 80s, you dont need a huge one for simpler things like basic object detection, text to speech, speech to text etc, the current boom required the neural networks to be huge to be able to do things like image generation which needs at least hundreds of thousands of parameters or large language model assistants which need 7+ billion parameters to be able to do anything
>>
>>101209791
MFT is pointless. Too big compared to 1/2.3" digishit with a decent zoom lens, too shitty compared to APS-C sensor size camera. If there was a price benefit - sure, but you don't even have that.
>>
File: 1719719235238.png (788 KB, 1659x2048)
788 KB
788 KB PNG
>>101209090
They still Make digishits, they suck just as much as they always have but you are free to buy them
>>
File: 1719719282837.png (703 KB, 1457x2048)
703 KB
703 KB PNG
>>101210834
>>
File: 1719719346168.png (583 KB, 2044x2048)
583 KB
583 KB PNG
>>101210841
>>
File: ricoh.jpg (123 KB, 1024x683)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
I bought myself a Ricoh GRiiiX that's about the size of a phone, with same picture quality of a dlsr, minus the fact that's cropped to APS-C, and i'm pretty happy about it
>>
>>101210849
>>101210841
>>101210834
There is an obvious problem with them.
>Pentax-Ricoh
It's a waterproof shitproof camera. Thus there were compromises to image quality.
Idk. I can see why would you get one. Not just a thing I want.
>Fuji X100VI
Closer to what I have in mind, except not really. Because it has just a prime lens.
Sure, I bet it takes good images, but honestly, usecase overlaps with a phone camera a bit too much. (since both have wide angle prime lenses).
Too expensive too
>Minolta
That's just an aliexpress camera for $100. With a phone sensor. Landfill
>Sony ZV-1 II
Even closer to what I have in mind, but its mostly optimized for gay people with youtube channels.
It has 1" sensor which is good, but because of that they didn't fit it with bigger zoom lens (idk, 450 mm eq or more).

Canon SX740 is still made, I think? And is more-less what I want.
Lumix TZ95 or whatever other is pretty similar. But they have discontinued it.
Bridge cameras?
Nikon P1000 was discontinued.
P950? Idk.

And reason why I'd want smth like this is because it's main purpose is to take snapshits in a moment. Like a phone. But better. Just as small. But better.
Other thing that is kinda sad is that they have cancelled Nikon 1, Samsung NX mini? and Pentax Q systems. Idk.
Price is also a problem. They want a bit too much. Current prices make you think... should you buy an entry DSLR, or used MILC with bunch of lenses, or digishit.
>>
>>101209090
What are you doing outside of /p/
>>
>>101210997
ive bought truckload of CCD digishits and i need to spread awareness so i get profit from reselling those

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.