[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hex changed.jpg (163 KB, 663x629)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
I did my first hacking when I was 14 years old on the PS1 game Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories.
The game saved the cards you had in hexadecimal format, so if you knew the codes for each card, you could edit the Memory Card files to add cards to your deck. I remember I could add all but 3 of the cards to my collection, even cards that could never be obtained (and existed in the game only to tease you, I guess).
Good times. But life goes on I guess.
>>
>>101212415
...you can still hack games, what are you talking about?
>>
>>101212482
I know, but I've chosen a different path. It's not something I'd enjoy doing anymore.
>>
script kiddie. you may as well be using GameShark and calling yourself a hacker.
>>
>>101212489
Memory Hacking is not scripting.
>>
>>101212566
it is, it's so easy to do in Python
>>
>>101212415
i remeber OllyDbg.
It was fun
>>
Hacking is any modification of a system that's unintended by design. It's fun to pull apart how a system works and make tweaks to change it to your liking.
>>
>>101212566
>Memory Hacking is not scripting.
Feel free to elaborate at length as to how using a program to change memory in a PS1 game is any different than using hardware that performs the same function.
>>
>>101213270
Hacking is: Playful solving of technical work that requires deep understanding, especially of a computer system.
>>
File: chad-programmer-vs-no.jpg (348 KB, 2518x1024)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
>>101213708
Hacking is using a lightbulb and a battery to start fire. Get fucked wagie.
>>
>>101212415
How can you do this kind of stuff for a living? This kind of shit seems super-interesting instead of the OWASP pentest bullshit.
>>
ah yes hex edits. for kids who were too poor for gameshark/action replay/modchips but still wanted to tinker with their game. had to use it to get the fake gald in tales of vesperia ps3 years before there was custom firmware cheats.
>>
>>101212488
like sex then
>>
>>101214573
It's extremely difficult to get anyone to pay for software, at least in my experience. Getting hired to write software is far easier.
>>
>>101214573
hacking for a living? better off doing it as a hobby. the people who do it for a living end in jail for blackhat crimes. the people who do it for a hobby eventually get picked up as whitehat people. think of MVG (Modern Vintage Gamer) on Youtube. he started off hacking xbox and tinkering with emulators, eventually he got a job making actual games.
>>
>>101213237
you should check x64dbg then; it's pretty much the same with far more features/more stable (and it supports ScyllaHide too)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.