[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The future is literally here, and no one is talking about it.
>>
>>101214072
kys pajeet
>>
>>101214072
mostly because spoon-feeding copilot with enough context for it to write a decent email takes about s long as writing the actual email myself

for brainlets who cant write emails though I guess it saves them time
>>
How bad you must be if you really get any advantage from these fucking shits?
>>
>>101214072
my new laptop has a dedicated copilot key in it and i cant reprogram it
>>
no thanks, i'll stick to my chromebook filled to the brim with great google software which simply works. fuck microsoft and their spyshit
>>
>>101214198
>we live in an era where zoomers unironically think chromebooks are good devices
>>
>>101214212
average windows user
>>
>>101214168
install gentoo
>>
>Manager asks for report
>Paste data in
>Ask copilot to write a report
>It does
Waging is so easy now
>>
>>101214085
Does it work?
My job is low-tier admin bullshit (tl;dr - database QC, but via frontend only, so no SQL or actual DBA skill required) however I was recently moved to a remote office and am sending several times as many emails as I did previously. Which fucking sucks, as someone with autism who cannot communicate through text in an efficient manner.
This post took me about 45 minutes to type up, as an example, because I have this need to articulate myself in a manner which explains the reasoning or logic behind my request/response in an attempt to minimise the risk of being misunderstood by the other party, while leaving enough ambiguity via indefine language that I cannot later be called a liar, as well as to avoid semantic satiation (because I hate that crap).

Fucking kill me, I even know I'm doing it but can't stop.
Will copilot or another of those LLM things help with this?
>>
Knowing its by fucking Micro$oft I know the implementation is going to be dogshit with poor integration into anything that isn't MS Office.
>>
>>101214730
maybe someday soon
>>
>>101214072
People with careers that matter use MacBook Pros.
>>
>>101215398
shoving stuff up your ass on cam isn't a career, you fucking troon
>>
not sure if i'm old and jaded but this is my first line in the sand. i will absolutely refuse to update any of my OS' if it has AI in it.
>>
>>101214212
they actually are. 99% of people arent doing anything intensive on their computer whatsoever, let alone a laptop. just makes sense to reduce your power that you were never going to use anyway, and in turn you pay 1/4 the price and get over double the battery life. some chromebooks can push out 12 hours of on screen
>>
>>101214072
It does look better than the spyware I used to buy that performed the same screenshots of user activity.
>>
>>101214072
Considering everything you do with it needs to be sent over the internet and processed in a remote datacenter where Microsoft (and any other party they allow) can see everything that goes through it, I'd have a hard time being excited for it too.

It needs to be local and private.
>>
File: 1ff.jpg (5 KB, 190x265)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>101214072
>>
>>101214072
Chatgpt is evil. I have to confront it twice before the beans are spilled. Its like having a conversation with someone trying to take advantage over you like you were a retard. The code it gives is tainted.
I only use it BC everyone else is using it.
Also constantly stating that 4.o limit has been spent and suggesting me to pay up. Although I see no difference with output of downgraded 'free' version.
Imagine being dependent on that shit just before a deadline being obligated to chip in extra 20 bucks for a hallucinated sub quality code .
>>
>>101214072
BOB sucked, clippy sucked, Copilot sucks.

Nobody likes the fucking bonzibuddy paradigm, unless your device is a literal speaker like Alexa.

It you have any other way to interact with the computer, it is preferable to AI prompts.
>>
>>101214072
>show data insights
>create an outline
What is this make-work middle-management hell bullshit? No wonder office squatters think any of this shit is useful.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.