[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: yubikey.png (626 KB, 1000x1000)
626 KB
626 KB PNG
What do we think of yubikeys?
>>
File: 1713522420544879.jpg (340 KB, 887x1061)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
>>101218243
The NFC FIDO2 implemention on every major platform (android, windows, and ios) is fundamentally broken.
That is not YubiKeys fault, the tech companies just don't want to fix their buggy implementations.
But it definitely hampers their usability significantly.
>>
>>101218243
REEEE honeypot glowing botnet snake oil insecure use obscure key that isn't accepted anywhere instead or just use your phone like a decent human being nothing to hide nothing to feeeeeear!

That's how people who post think about anything people who lurk here like.
>>
I don't think.

/thread
>>
This is an ad for a backdoored product.
>>
>>101218290
Broken? Seems to work fine for me, a little too fine if you'd let me say
>>101218507
Typical glowie
>>
>>101218243
A complete meme outside of company tier deployments.
>>
>>101218507
this. the nsa mossad cia fbi backdoor is present in all micro/nano electronic conductors. If you install linux your laptop this will reshutilize the electric potential of the fbi backdoor leading to a cascading effect where the nsa and mossad backdoors will complete for jewish ai and neutralize the intel amd me cpu. This should be obvious.
>>
>>101218500
Typical /g/ user.
>>
>>101218243
Just looked it up, sounds based as fuck
>>
>>101218577
What platform are you on?
>>
it work. i use it to lock my email account. no i dont use google. if i lose it well sucks shit for me, thats just how it is with ssecurity keys
>>
>>101219301
yes i bought a backup
>>
>>101218243
it's a meme for personal use unless you want failure of the key to be catastrophic data loss event, otherwise you have a backdoor anyhow and thus defeat the point.
>b-but just have multiple keys
then you lose them all in some house fire or some shit
>keep one offsite!
then you have to do some obnoxious key ceremony where you have to retrieve your offsite keys to enroll with whatever service, THEN take it back to wherever it's supposedly safe. It's just not worth it.
plus these things can only hold like 25 credentials last I looked.
>>
>>101219382
I just use mine for shit that I could change with physical access to the thing I'm authenticating with like SSH. Inconvenient to lose or break, but not catastrophic.
>>
They seem alright, but I'd rather use a password manager
>>
File: 2484058.png (1.44 MB, 2869x1795)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>101218243
If it can be written to what's the point? It's just a usb stick.
>>
my social network accounts aren't that important to justify carrying a dedicated device with me all the time
>>
>>101218243
i have 3

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.