[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719334390991138.png (83 KB, 1276x664)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
Why not? Give me one good reason.
>>
>he doesn't know
>>
>>101222394
That's how I charge my phone. Gets it done in like 5 minutes.
>>
>>101222394
you draw electricity from the wall and need to reduce its Wattage and Voltage( A is linked to those ) before you can use it and you also need to make the W and V quite stable as this also is an issue. With USB C you also can charge a phone or a laptop and BOTH need quite different W, V and/or A, so you need a brick in the middle to transform the wall electricity to suitable and stable phone or laptop electricity. If you just do what you have shown in your pic by soldering the power cables of the usb cable and the power cables of the wall cable ( usb has 2 for electricity and 2 for data ) you will blow up the phone, or overload/meld the chip responsible for the device charging. It will cost you around 50$ to change it.
>>
>>101222509
and yea English is not my main language, some Britbong can rewrite this to be more understandable or I will ask AI:
The text explains the importance of regulating the wattage, voltage, and current (A) when drawing electricity from the wall.

Key points:

Electricity needs to be reduced:

The current (A) and voltage (V) need to be adjusted before using the electricity.
This is necessary to prevent damage to the device or the electrical system.
USB C charging:

Different devices require different amounts of wattage, current, and voltage.
A single power adapter cannot handle all devices.
Need for a converter:

A converter is required to transform the wall electricity (usually 120V or 240V) to the voltage and current required by the device.
This ensures that the device receives the appropriate power.
Analogy:

The analogy in the text is that drawing electricity directly from the wall is like trying to charge a phone or laptop without a converter. The converter acts as a bridge between the different voltage and current requirements of the device and the electrical outlet.

Implications:

Improper handling of voltage, current, or power can lead to device damage or injury.
Using a suitable converter is crucial for ensuring the safe and efficient charging of devices.
Conclusion:

The text emphasizes the importance of regulating electricity and using a proper converter when drawing power from an electrical outlet. This is essential for preventing damage to devices and ensuring safe and efficient charging.
>>
File: bakhmut.png (89 KB, 900x896)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>101222394
/thread
>>
>>101222509
>>101222529
Why do I need a brick tho? Can't my equipment just do it by itself?
>>
>>101222532
the equipment, phone or laptop do have chips to regulate current in them but these chips have limits which are small. these chips are there just to fine tune it and make it stable. They cannot handle big numbers .
>>
>>101222543
it is those chips that i have destroyed in the past on embeded devices and phones when i did some stuff, trust me those are quite easy to break.
>>
>>101222543
>>101222564
That's so lame... thanks for explaining it to me.
I hate those bricks I always end up losing them.
>>
>>101222595
well, they are there for a reason. I am not saying that they cannot be integrated into the device, but it will make it bulkier. Just like the PSU on a PC it takes space. On laptops you usually have a barrel jack and just some small chips on the MB for charging and all the hard work is on the outside brick.
>>
>>101222509
don't listen to this liar, OP. he is from the Big Charger and is trying to gatekeep you from the full potential of your devices
>>
>>101222595
They do can handle high power THOUGH. Anons are wrong.
>>
>>101222394
Go ahead and splice together that cable anon and tell us how it goes after you plug both sides in

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.