[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: feel-relaxed-at-work.jpg (62 KB, 696x450)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
I'm pretty good with computers and have decent work history, but haven't specialized in anything.

What's the comfiest laziest job where I can read books all day? Database admin? Should I try to get a job in an AI industry? Do I take the luke smith pill and find independent work somehow? Anybody have any personal experiences?
>>
>>101223113
you just need to master strong handshakes, champ
>>
I am a working programmer in a big software company and here are the laziest, most useless people I know of:

- DBAs (good instincts by you OP, try for this first. idk what my DBAs are up to all day, but it sure as shit aint real work)
- Front line support types. You literally do nothing other than relay customers' questions to the right place. Sometimes you reply to a ticket to ask the engineer "do you have update please." easy as hell, but the money might not be very good
- anything involving visual design, branding etc. it's so easy that even people who went to art school can get hired at software companies.

If you want lots of money, you'll have to learn a real skill, but if all you want is the best money:effort ratio, look around in these areas.
>>
>>101223465
>Front line support types. You literally do nothing other than relay customers' questions to the right place. Sometimes you reply to a ticket to ask the engineer "do you have update please." easy as hell, but the money might not be very good
Not worth it. I have to do like 70 tickets a day and I get paid 20 an hour. I also get micromanaged out the ass. Do not go this route, OP.
>>
>>101223113
bump
>>
>>101223637
yeah i've already worked mostly helpdesk. It's been nice though compared to other normie jobs. shit pay tho
>>
>>101223465

No idea what you're talking about lmao, literally every visual design person ive worked with has been gouging their eyes out and has to work closely with people who think theyre visionaries who want you to write in blue marker with an orange marker.

Front line support types have people lining up to take those jobs if you dont hit quota they will kick you to the curb.

If you really want to be that lazy OP get a security guard night shift job,
>>
>>101223113
bricklaying

it's not physically lazy, but mentally it's the easiest work i've ever done. I basically conserve all my mental energy for my own time away from work. I can read books without thinking about work, because I don't even think about work when I'm working, I just enjoy the view. I get months off at a time after layoffs to do my own thing. All the physical activity prevents the diseases of modernity too, so I can enjoy my idle time.

>t. 130 iq
>>
>>101224232
would I have to get in shape before doing this or can I do it on the job? I'm weak as fuck from being a computer monkey since my teen years and I don't wanna break my back
>>
>>101224329
as long as you can handle a 30kg bag of mortar you'll be fine
>>
i worked at deloitte and kept bouncing between projects, in 2yrs i think i worked maybe 4 hrs at most a week on average
>>
>>101223113
Comfiest lasiest job is retirement
>>
>>101224386
what position retard?
>>
>>101224769
python dev

i was hired for a new unit but the project they'd assign us fell thru, many found new projects but they assigned me to a new "cyber-security" unit in which i'd do scripting and internal tooling but at the end it also fell thru, i went to work in an internal RoR project in which the expectations were incredibly low
>>
does nobody on /g/ have jobs?
>>
>>101223113
Data scientist is pretty comfy
>>
>>101223113
>>101225678
poo in loo, that is the best
>>
File: 1719331536060028.png (704 KB, 491x874)
704 KB
704 KB PNG
i heard government jobs are the ultimate do-nothing gigs
>>
File: IMG_8144.jpg (9 KB, 201x251)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
I had a student job I had while in college working as a tech in the library; doing digital archiving projects. Re: scanned a fuckton of books and stuff. Worked with century old local newspapers, photos, our late senator’s congressional archives.
I worked in a lab separate from the department’s main office (we also provided the libraries’ IT support.) so I often went weeks never seeing my bosses, just had to send a weekly report of what I did. I could come and go as I pleased, but I tried to maintain regular hours and made up time if I was short.
I often spent hours if not days alone in there. Watched tons of YouTube and tech news/discussion podcasts, and shitposted here while I worked. In spite of that, my boss was surprised at how much material I managed to go through.
Comfy job. But a student job, so limited hours during the semester and no benefits. Then much of what I made would then get wiped out by tuition.
>>
bump
>>
>>101224232
My backup plan is to be a bricklayer and listen to investment podcasts all workday.
>>
>>101224329
If you're that weak, and never really did any exercises and don't know where to start, I recommend Ring Fit Adventure for a good start, on top of that it's fun. After the initial bump, which I recommend taking slowly, try doing it everyday or so with around 35 in game timer done. After a year or so you'll have your health back. Then you'll move on to the custom exercises mode, and eventually, to full weights
I fucked my back badly during COVID, had a full year of pressure going through my head hardcore. This game basically fixed me up

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.