[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1705256441262003.jpg (164 KB, 1012x831)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
what's the worst piece of shit software you still have installed and keep using? for me it's razer synapse

>stops working half the time
>sends all your data to chink servers
fucking piece of shit software
>>
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 275x183)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>101225635
It keeps losing my taskbar icons and I have a new bug where resizing a window caueses half of it to go transparent and I see the other windows behind it.
>>
File: Discord-Symbol.png (16 KB, 3840x2160)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
bloated shit
gay devs
streaming sucks on linux
I'm confident half the updates are just to try and kill third party addons and they don't change anything else
shame it's the way people communicate now. and nothing is as convenient as just starting a movie stream and having friends hop on, good luck getting them to watch those anywhere else
>>
>>101225700
Just meet your friends IRL, retard.
>>
>>101225635
Install CachyOS and use Polychromatic
>>
>>101225635
i have a razer viper and i just installed synapse, customized settings and then uninstalled it
never had any issues
>>
browser, if I could replace it with literally anything, I would
>>
>>101225635
I hate razer products. My razer headset just died yesterday. I knew it was coming since it kept failing over and over again over the past months and I just waited for it to collapse. It literally fell apart at the end. I got their dogshit mouse and a mouspad( which I just don't use anymore fuck that thing). Just praying for the mouse to die at this point. It's so disgusting. It keeps getting fucking clogged up with dirt and dead skin particles in that thumb area. I'm so fucking done after these break with razer or any normie brand for that matter. Man I'm mad at myself for ever buying that slop
>>
>>101225635
just save ur dpi and tranny colors to the mouses hardware and uninstall that shit
>>
>>101225950
hate these brands as well but ive had i guess "luck" with hyperx
have a keyboard and headset from them for like 3 years now, dropped the headset at least 500 times and still works perfectly, did have to glue the pads back on tho
>>
steelseries GG, at first it was just to control RGB, but they have added a bunch of shit to the app that you seldom want to use.
>>
>everyone seething at their mouse software
>meanwhile I'm here comfy with logitech's g hub
Granted it's an old version from like 2021 before they fucked up my macros so no idea of the bloat and botnet in current versions but the feature I use works fine and doesn't connect to internet post-install.
>>
>>101225754
>>101225992
not if you use multiple profiles and macros you cant. they got you by the balls
>>
>>101225635
I use synapse and yes its shit, whats even more annoying is now they split off the lighting software into a second program you have to run "Chroma", and that junk fails half the time as well. Razer used to be good but this shit is killing their reputation.
>>
>>101225635
purevpn
I just use it to torrent but it breaks my internet connection about half the time I use it and Im forced to restart my pc or sometimes even reinstall network drivers
the application also clearly has memory leak issues, crashes constantly, randomly disconnects, among other issues
legitimately the worst service/application Ive ever used in my life but Im too cheap to buy another vpn at the moment because I dont use it often
>>
>>101225635
Sage accounting software, my version is 10 years old and it runs like shit but it cost a fortune back then and I'm not paying $1000 for it again.
>>
>>101225700
>shame it's the way people communicate now
nothing will ever be done if you are passive
be the change you want to see in the world

your friends likely also want you to stop using it so they can stop using it
>>
>>101225635
>Install some motherboard board controller software
>Try to turn off the LEDs
>Literally no LEDs turn off
>Graphics card, ram, motherboard, still gay as fuck
>>
I feel like the only person who doesn't hate Synapse. It's very unintrusive to keep installed and kinda just works. Yeah they're harvesting your data, but who isn't these days?
>>
>install spyware
>use it to deactivate RGB nonsense
>uninstall spyware
>???
>PROFIT!!!
>>
>no mention of Steam
Steam
>>
>>101226233
Based. Had the same mouse since 2020 and have 0 issues with it. Clean your mice, dirty motherfuckers. And control your anger.
>>
>>101227495
You act like 4 and a bit years is some kind of achievement
It's really not
>>
>>101225635
There's third party FOSS software for configuring gaming mice and other RGAYB accessories, OpenRGB.
Or that is for my motherboard and there is another software out there for the mice, it's name escapes me.
I definitely couldn't use it, because I have a CSG mouse, but they had supported lots of Razers, prolly because a bunch of people have them and all are pissed off by Razer's shitty software.
>>
>>101225635
I actually changed my mouse from the naga to the g600 solely because I refused to use their pos software anymore. Why the fuck do hardware companies hire the most retarded people to handle their driver software, like for fuck sakes just use some shit like json then send the settings back and forth when needed
>>
Prob Windows Defender
>>
>>101225700
so sad that teamspeak shat the bed. Imagine having most of discord's features, but you actually own the fucking server.
>>
>>101225635
Gnome
No better alternatives but there is no way I'll ever go back to Windows.
>>
>>101225635
Not a concern for me because I run linux
>>
>>101225635

Tossup between Logi Options+ and iCUE. Former acts up a bit on something as simple as reverse scrolling and the latter constantly messes up on a 14900K.
>>
nvidia drivers
>proprietary

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.