[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: CCTV Camera.jpg (329 KB, 900x595)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
I've heard of home security systems that are able to distinguish cars from people and from animals, but almost all of theses are online, and a lot of hackers can access these cameras and case your house. After some thinking, the ideal home security system would be one that might have some online features. It would a wired system through ethernet that stores data on a computer with real-time encryption. However, if you want to see what the hell is going on, you can access this computer, enter some long passcode, and see what the hell is going on without being able to access the footage that was recorded, in lets say, the past five minutes, but settings like these would be adjustable. Do home security systems like this already exist?

It would a wired system through power over ethernet that stores data on a computer with real-time encryption. However, if you want to see what the hell is going on, you can access this computer, enter some long passcode, and see what the hell is going on. Do home security systems like this already exist?
>>
Had some Swann setups i liked but i now feel they have to be confined to a secure network so they don't phone home and have backdoor (for "national security" or whatever bs reason). Haven't tried Vizy, seems cool but weak (raspberry 4? really?)

I don't want to buy cameras every few years. Or set them up around acres of property. I'd rather upgrade DVR and network and have them be compatible. can spend a lot of $$ to experiment on which setup is best.

>Remote Backup server (VPS)
>VPN network between remote backup VPS server and location.
>on-location DVR
>5 to10 cameras (and wires)
>Mobile App (vpn only)
>Web Access (vpn only)

requires careful planning for long term compatibility, good luck anon
>>
Just use any onvif system with a capture board like some Zoneminder custom server.
>>
>>101226442
What I could do is when the storage gets close to full, just bring it over to a friend of a friend's house with the encryption keys kept in a separate location. I mean, if police are suspicious that something happened two years ago that was really bad, then I'd be willing to help (unless it's drug related).
>>
put a "beware of dog" sign on your fence
>>
>>101226474
i dont think you need to keep feeds from 2 years ago. data is a liability, not an asset. a month is fine, even a few days. more important to have streaming connection to the remote backup server so when the guy in truck pull up to cut your power before robbing your house and killing your dog while you are away, you at least get to see the last frames from your cell phone and have all you need to go full liam neeson on him.
>>
>>101226564
>data is a liability, not an asset
That's what they tell you.
>>
>>101226564
>i dont think you need to keep feeds from 2 years ago. data is a liability, not an asset. a month is fine, even a few days.
I've watched videos of several horror stories of kids getting kidnapped around a certain date years ago. If police knew I had cameras set up, I would gladly unencrypt and provide them with the data for the time frame.
>>
>>101226230
>I've heard of home security systems that are able to distinguish cars from people and from animals
>almost all of theses are online
it's indians doing the work
>>
File: IMG_2057.jpg (66 KB, 768x512)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>101226230
this is best for home protection
>>
>>101226230
I use frigate NVR combined with home assistant and matrix. frigate uses (((AI))) recognition locally to ID people along with any other objects of interest. home assistant sends my phone snapshots over element of the objects. if I want to access feeds I can go through home assistant app hosted locally. the cameras themselves are on a vlan and blocked from direct Internet access.
>>
File: myfellowretards.jpg (85 KB, 680x627)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>101227519
that looks like it would fit into my modular setup. coral looks cool. thanks sir.
t. liam neeson
>>
>>101226230
If money is no object, Axis cameras have those object detection features, and have a VMS that lets you record and store to your own private windows machine. Then you can log in to view the recordings if you are on the same network (aka VPN). It'll do what you want with the privacy you want, but the cost will be insane for the average Joe. Airports and Police stations use them, so maybe you can go with a screwdriver and take a couple from there?
>>
>>101226230
RTSP (or was it RTP/RTMP?) cameras to a server, run python script to daemon ffmpeg to store streams, encrypt or not is matter of implementation.
Never bothered so far with image recognition, just store everything two weeks and make an offsite (encrypted?) back-up in case perpetrators are aware they need to destroy or remove footage of their crime.
>Do home security systems like this already exist?
You can hire me if you want to.
Otherwise, these systems will always be oriented on the average normie, who isn't even aware a completely offline (or at least 'independent'/self-administered stand-alone) system is even a good thing (often the contrary).
So either git gud or find some nerd/geek to do it for you.
>>
>>101228282
>make an offsite (encrypted?) back-up
Which just rsync'ing with SSH/SFTP, you can script that all from the python daemon script.
This, kids, is what python is excellent for, and you'd eat your heart doing the same in C.
Although, cameras are a simple thing, not much text editing to perform, so you could actually just do the syscalls from C, since all the filenames should be easy "YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.mkv" formats.
>>
>>101228274
>If money is no object,
Anon, any decent IPCam has that. Cameras from 15 years ago could do that.
>>
>>101228274
My local police station uses Panasonic, but Axis is superior if you have the money.
>>
>>101226230
I personally use 11 IPC-101 2M cameras alongside a NVR102-16C-16P NVR from fs.com. These are great because are rebranded Hikvision stuff. Works great at night and are quite cheap.
The NVR and the cameras are (of course) on a separate VLAN with no access to the Internet or other devices (maybe one day I'll setup an off-site backup system). If I'm outside, I'll just remote myself with a VPN and watch the live feed.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.