[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GrapeAnd.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
FIAT requires ability to suck up personal data for fusebox card. Do you guys drive cars that steal all of your information so they can sell to insurance and other companies? What's the most privacy friendly technological car that doesn't suck up your data?
>>
>>101232403
just pull the fuse you monkey
>>
>>101232403
I was concerned when you posted this so I went outside and checked all around. I can not find this device. Can you tell me where it might be located on a 1947 Fordson 2N tractor?
>>
My new Honda has never asked me to sign into anything for any reason. It has no cellular or satellite, only AM/FM. There's this one Honda app that the salesman told me to install but from what I can tell it doesn't seem to connect to the car in any way.
Maybe I've overlooked something, but if I have it can't be that important since I've been driving well over a year without noticing or interacting with it.
>>
>>101232403
>>101232534
Oh it also has Bluetooth, obviously. Forgot to mention.
>>
My car is ten years old and has no way of connecting to the internet and has no screens of any kind.
>>
>>101232600
Those cars will eventually rot, parts will not be manufactured anymore, etc. A paradigm shift needs to happen
>>
>>101232651
Yep, just delaying the inevitable. You'll be forced to upgrade soon enough. How many 80s cars do you see on the roads today? Even 90s are getting rare.
>>
>>101232947
1960's are the way to go. Many after-market parts made by many 3rd party companies and many online communities. I have more support for my 1947 tractor than I do for my 2000 truck.
>>
>>101232403
public transit users and bike riders win again
>>
I still burn MP3 CDs for my 12 year-old car. When the time comes to replace it, I'll try to get something that also predates this tech, or can be physically disabled/removed.
>>
>>101232403

that is potentially great, does this fiat van tell me my route today and level of dirty sanches tricks
>>
2000s or early 2010s Toyotas are good. My 2013 Tacoma doesn't have any wifi or lte uplink to Toyota at least, it probably still collects data but can't send it out unless it goes to the dealership for maintenance (maybe).
>>
>>101232947
Nah not really
>>
I don't really care what this idiot has to say about anything. As long as he keeps pumping out good FUTA products like the stupid keyboard he can rant all he wants about whatever garbage each day.
>>
File: 1701822284876737.png (190 KB, 597x626)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
Are there reactionary open source car companies yet for the market of privacy obsessed autists, like there are for computers and phones?
>>
>>101234899
No.
>>
>>101232403
>FIAT
the video doesn't mention fiat at all
???
>>
>>101234899
yes, it's called buying a used car from 10 years ago
bonus points if japanese
>>
>>101232534
That's because it has a VIN and serial number.
This is the entire point.

You don't need to sign in.
The cars are configured in secret to automatically upload data via manufacturer agreements with telecommunication services to send their telemetry/audio/video data to their servers and log it all according to your VIN/Serial#

If you think you're based because you penetrate your car with an aux cable for your music, that's not enough. Even if you don't pair anything the cars have their own separate data recording devices and their own networking to communicate and spy on you regardless.

Just like how cars with satellite internet already have it built in but not activated, and newer cars meme on you with renting heated seats, the spying is done by default. No user interaction required.
>>
>>101235592
>That's because it has a VIN and serial number.
Pretty sure cars have had those things for quite some time now.
>The cars are configured in secret to automatically upload data via manufacturer agreements with telecommunication services to send their telemetry/audio/video data to their servers
Again, no cellular or satellite.
>>
>>101236008
>Pretty sure cars have had those things for quite some time now.
Kek, of course.
They're not new, the point is they are used as identifiers in the database with or without a user signing in.
>Again, no cellular or satellite.
Sure, if you actually have an older car before they started offering rental Wi-Fi/etc.
Many do though.

And even on cars without "GPS" advertised, it's not uncommon for them to actually still have GPS tracking via the orbital satellites. GPS is built into your phones it easily fits in a car and costs nothing. The only expensive thing is satellite uplinks, and those are avoided by simply logging GPS generated positional data and uploading that via cellular networks.
This kind of data is regularly used to gauge how fast you drive, where you go, where you park at night, proximity to high crime areas, among other things.
It'll be uploaded to the "cloud" or "service" without a sign in, and be tied to the vehicle, not a user.
>>
The futo keyboard slaps ngl
>>
>>101236079
>Sure, if you actually have an older car before they started offering rental Wi-Fi/etc.
I have a 2023 Honda CR-V.
>>
>>101236165
its retarded.
>>
My car is 15y old
>>
>>101232403
>Do you guys drive cars that steal all of your information so they can sell to insurance and other companies?
No, my car is seventeen years old.
>>
I drive a car from the 90s
>>
Make your own wiring harness and slap on a custom open source ECU, fuel injection infotainment etc.
>>
File: car2.jpg (844 KB, 1379x1831)
844 KB
844 KB JPG
the more data my car gathers the better it gets
>>
>>101236008
Man I'm not even a schizo but I wouldn't trust these companies to not slip something in there that phones home without your knowledge, either through cellular or unsecured wifi.
We're at that level of trust when it comes to business.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.