[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images.jpg (10 KB, 300x168)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Enough about browsers, whats the best video player for windows 11?
>>
want something simple?
https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc
or
https://github.com/mpvnet-player/mpv.net
>>
Why would you need a separate video player? Doesn't Windows 11 just play videos like a normal modern operating system?
>>
>>101237545
It doesn't play torrent videos well
>>
I use Pot player
>>
I'm not gonna lie, I've been using the K-Lite codec pack+ MPC-HC for so long I haven't touched any other option on W11
>>
>>101237515
What do you people have with video players? Just use mpv like a normal woman and stop hyper fixating over dumb bullshit
>>
>>101237515
diskpart with a pc beeper hooked up to the data lines of the drive so you can listen to the sound of formatting windows 11 off your fucking machine.
>>
>>101237545
>doesn't play h265 without paying 2$ license for it
>will soon drop support for AC3 audio (which is one of the most common audio formats for movies)
it can't play shit basically
and the ui is dogshit
>>
>>101237515
mpv
>>
>>101237515
VLC. Just wish it looked less dated, but its functionality cannot be beaten. Not to mention the shortcuts just werk and I'm lost without them in other players.
Shift or Ctrl or just the arrows to seek
V for subs
E to advance one frame at a time
Scroll wheel for volume
Close and open right where you left off
Download subtitles easily
Convert media if you want
Adjust audio tracking if you need
Much more. It is king
>>
Smplayer is nice
>>
>>101237515
ARGGGGHHHHH VLC IS TOO BASIC
>>
>>101237573
>torrent videos
>>
>>101237650

Media Player Classic Home Cinema is so advanced recently that it perhaps does not even need any K-Lite codec pack and instead uses its own LAVFilters build of FFmpeg internally.
>>
clipchamp
>>
mpv is all you need. The default video player is dogshit.
>>
Windows Media Player (the new one), ya ain't even gotta ask.
>>
>>101237919
smplayer with mpv. let me guess...
>>
>>101237515
VLC. mpv is a tinker toy for giga autists. Not sure about the rest but they are most likely inferior to VLC.
>>
>>101237515
VLC just werks
>>
>>101237900
>VLC. Just wish it looked less dated
The nighties page has the 4.0 version with the new interface, if you want to give it a test
https://nightlies.videolan.org/
>>
>>101237515
MPCHC-Blacked

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.