[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1280px-Cptvdisplay.jpg (308 KB, 1280x960)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
Is there a /g/ approved television? Seems like they're all "smart" TVs now with Google or Roku garbage on them.
>>
CRTs
>>
>>101238915
get a hospitality tv.
https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-ELECTRONICS-AMERICA-Non-Smart-Hospitality/dp/B08XQXVX2K/
>>
TCL QM851G
QM850G/2023 model if on a budget.
Don't connect it to the internet.
Use a PC/streaming device instead.

This board is completely retarded when it comes to displays. Just physically go to stores near you and ask to look at this one or one that has similar specs in your country.

>BUT OLED!!!!!
Compare the two with your own eyes.

>Muh China!
All TV sized LCD panels are made in China and have been for the last couple of years.
>>
Onions Trinitroon CRT
>>
>>101238921
>>101238952
If I did get a CRT, what's the move for getting modern devices to output to it? Simple as some cheapo RCA to HDMI adapter or is there something more to consider?
>>
the most quality for money is buying a regular samsung qd oled and use it through a pc. Obviously the smart tv can connect to internet without you setting up local wifi and send few kb file containing your watch history and whatever to china.

There commercial displays that lack smart tv part but they're worse image quality for the money.
Theres 42" pc monitors. And dont worry, nsa can spy you through those too.
>>
>>101238985
not if you get the ones made for hotels.
>>
>>101238915
RCA still sells non-smart TVs with built in DVD players. They aren't the best quality, obviously, but if your expectations are low and you are on a budget, they are good enough.
>>
>>101238985
>tv connects to nonexistent network
or better yet
>china pays service for millions of smart tvs to transmit over 4g
>>
>>101238915
Just don't configure WIFI and you should be fine
>>
>>101238915
Just buy a big fucking monitor, they only have a basic UI for settings.
>>
Why the fuck do they not make TV size computer monitors at a reasonable price? All I want is good HDR, DisplayPort and no stupid "WebOS" computer in it.
>>
File: 8098604.jpg (61 KB, 965x970)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>just buy a Smart TV and don't connect it to the internet!
Does this reddit advice work? Or must I actually buy a monitor or commercial TV if I don't want my TV spying on me?
>>
its not a smart tv if you dont connect it to the internet. unless you're one of those retarded schizos who think every tv has 4g and is auto connecting to wifi which not only violates laws but costs them extra money to implement.
>>
>>101241173
Yes but you're paying extra for the hardware that makes it "smart capable" (which they cheap out on all the time)
>>
as an aside, I moved to a new place and finally caved and bought a modern TV
what's the best way to stream from my PC to it that isn't just buying a 50 foot HDMI
>>
>>101241380
you're paying for a better soc which is a good thing it means more responsive tv. if you buy a bad soc thats your fault.
>>
>>101238915
K-85XR90
83OLEDG4PUA
Won’t bother elaborating or debating with /g/ schizos but these are the best models that come out this year.
>>
>>101241171
no itll connect to internet automatically
like these days you can transmit data through the electrical wiring and long range wireless wifi exists
>>
>>101241171
Yes.

Don't listen to schizos who think every device uses secret magic ways to connect to the internet.
>>
https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2017/03/07/cia-wikileaks-samsung-smart-tv-hack-security/

>Weeping Angel runs just like a normal TV app, not unlike YouTube, but in the background, capturing audio but not video. It can, however, also recover the Wi-Fi keys the TV uses to later hack the target's Wi-Fi network, and access any usernames and passwords stored on the TV browser, explained Matthew Hickey, a security researcher and co-founder of Hacker House, a project to encourage youngsters to get into cybersecurity. There was also a feature dubbed "Fake Off" where the TV would continue recording even when shut down.

>It can record audio but it does not stream it in real-time to the CIA. Instead it copies it off the TV as files,
>come back with a Wi-Fi hotspot later on. When the TV sees the CIA Wi-Fi, it uploads all of the captured audio it has recorded

And this is a 3rd party hacker.
Now imagine what the manufacturers who handles the hardware, the OS, the firmware etc, can do if they want your data.
>>
C1 C2 C3
>>
>>101238915
There's no reason to buy TV anymore.
>>101238921
fpbp but they are overpriced and you going to need to learn how to maintain your CRT.
>>
>>101241405
Fiber optic HDMI. No idea which one, I just know long runs with pure copper won't work well.
>>
>>101241447
They're not worth the price premium at all. Influencers are full of garbage.
>>
>>101238915
lg oled
don't connect it to the internet
>>
>>101244977
yeah better keep any fields of wifi routers nearby from hitting it
>>
>>101238952
wtf I wrote onions not onions
>>
>>101241171
Yes it works. You can always desolder the WiFi antenna if you want to be paranoid. I desoldered the microphone on mine just in case.
>>
>>101245179
Newnigger desu fampai
>>
>>101245231
wtf I wrote desu not desu
>>
>>101245241
Keep nice one
>>
>>101245245
wtf I wrote keep not keep
>>
>>101238947
Wow Samsung DRM, great. That sure sold me.
>>
>>101244977
this
>>
>>101245097
>fields of wifi routers
lmao
>>
>>101238915
TCL QLED or LG OLED.
Keep it off the internet. Connect it to a HTPC.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.