[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (77 KB, 229x220)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
Current DDOS defenses rely mainly on captchas and distributed server networks. However, AI is becoming increasingly capable of solving captchas, potentially rendering them ineffective. While running AI at scale to break captchas is currently cost-prohibitive, this will likely change as AI becomes cheaper and more powerful.
As AI improves, captchas must become harder for normies to solve, risking user frustration. Eventually, AI may surpass average human captcha-solving ability while remaining economically viable for attackers.
What will be ze solution in this scenario? one verified digital identity from xvideos to tiktok to twatter. At first they will claim trust me goy, we're not storing any cross site data we're just doing a quick check to verify youre real (like cloudfare claims kek)

total internet death or digital goystamp identity verification - what do you think cattle would prefer?

This is a key stepping stone for them and 2020 was a trial run, albeit using health as an excuse to set up digital identities. what will be the next basis for 'digital identity' ? i very much think ai is gonna be the center of that.
>>
>>101243551
im just gonna start broadcasting my shitposts over radio waves, simple as
>>
I already scraped enough off lolibooru, internet can die safely now.
>>
bump
>>
Proof of work could be the next stepping stone after captchas are solved. Think argon2d. Make it cost prohibitive in terms of memory pressure and lack of any viable way to implement parallelism.
>>
>>101243557
i hope you live near other autists to reply to you
>>101243568
not a single website will function without 'prove youre real' (sign in with digital identity service)
i dont think we're ready for that
>>
>>101243594
requiring computationally expensive processes will just lock most normies off the web since they buy snake oil devices. This would force normies to actually learn the stats of what they buy and they dont want that. I hope its the next step for tor based services etc and other things where privacy is paramount. no chance that happens on 4chud where ip counters have deceitfully been removed to hide shill threads.
>>
>>101243557
Anyone with three receivers can locate you.
>>
>>101243551
I'll just buy the identity off illegals and use theirs.
>>
>>101243551
i guess my internet enabled devices must now have a license plate to travel on the information superhighway, ok as long as it don't interfere with muh freedoms of speech :)
>>
>>101243734
Which will lead them to a $20 5W chink FM transmitter hard-wired into a streetlight. Now what?
>>
another day another demoralization thread full of buzzwords and empty speculation
>>
>>101243734
not if they pump out enough power, or use solar powered transmitters on balloons.
>>
>>101243976
be sure to use the power-lines as an inductive antenna so everything off that transformer gets a strong signal. finding it would take a long time, at which point your 2nd through 800th transmitter come online.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.