[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Spoonfeed me on Manifest V3.
Did it turn out to be a nothing burger?
>>
>>101246160
Time will tell. Creeping normality prevents people from rejecting their masters.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creeping_normality
>>
File: URikeBigTits.jpg (901 KB, 1500x2250)
901 KB
901 KB JPG
In theory, it's a big deal. In practice, people have been fear mongering for years and nothing has happened. Jewgle might be stupid but they're not that stupid. If blocking ads is impossible on Chrome any competition will easily steal users from it like Chrome stole from Firefox back in the day.

Chrome might be nice to use but 99.99% of people who block ads will instantly switch if that ability is removed. You think people value using Chrome and it's (((features))) over blocking ads? Ha.
>>
>>101246513
>Chrome might be nice to use but 99.99% of people who block ads will instantly switch if that ability is removed.
that's not many people.
Chrome on Android never supported any extensions and still is the most used browser on Android by far.
>>
>>101246591
People used to say the same about IE.
>>
>>101246513
You think Chrome cares about users who use ad block?
>>
>>101246513
The amount of people that block ads is minuscule compared to chrome users in general. Google can do whatever the fuck it wants because their browser is the web standard everyone has to follow.
>easily steal users from it like Chrome stole from Firefox back in the day
Nothing is stopping them from bundling their shit with installers and spamming the most popular websites on earth with installation messages. But in general you are right they will never do something that drastic.
>>
>>101246591
All my friends who use non-Chrome browsers on mobile say that they don't use Chrome precisely because it doesn't have adblocking.
>>
>>101246667
>But in general you are right they will never do something that drastic.
lies.
Firefox already got DRM. Firefox cares more what big corporations like Netflix want than about their users.
https://www.jwz.org/blog/2024/06/mozillas-original-sin/
>>
So far, it's a nothingburger. The real cancer continues to be midreel ads in videos like what Twitch pushes. All they do is make blocking ads a pain in the dick and make me double down on not wanting to support the streamer.
>>
>>101246695
Yeah, those Firefox users really hate being able to use Netflix and Spotify!
>>
>>101246763
at that time Firefox and the open web was still relevant.
Netflix wouldn't have been able to deploy DRM without Firefox's blessing.
>>
>>101246794
lol retard here's your sloppy (You)
>>
>>101246513
I want to suck those tits.
>>
>>101246807
https://brendaneich.com/2013/10/the-bridge-of-khazad-drm/
>>
>>101246513
>any competition
what competition? every browser other than firefox is chrome based
>>
>>101246894
EME is conveniently turned on at Brave too. As well as third party cookies for Facebook, Twitter and Google. I'd agree with the general sentiment of the post, if it wasn't for the fact that guy jumped at the first opportunity to gobble up Big Tech cock.
>>
>>101246513
>shitty tranime/bugwoman (avatarfag)
>unoriginal useless unvaluable wordcel wordsalad opinion
refund my time
she's like a 4.5 at most :)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.