[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sadpepegg.jpg (182 KB, 894x729)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>get offered a job as a mod on indeed or some shit.
>they contact me and make me install this shitty game https://store.steampowered.com/app/2104960/Dashverse/
>ffw a week later and now my steam account is compromised and being used to push this scam forward... https://www.reddit.com/user/unstopablesonitus/

How the fuck did this happen /g/ I only installed the game on this pc and ghosted the person but I don't remember EVER logging into reddit on that account maybe? I don't remember and I don't see how my steam account was compromised....

What should I do? :( is my info compromised?
>>
File: STUIPID OP .png (63 KB, 751x645)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>
>>101343857
at the time there were no reviews... should've known better.

I meant my reddit account..
>>
they have a list of all your saved passwords, all your cookies, your browser history, and anything else they thought to steal. their goal is probably to make money off you. if they can blackmail you they probably will.
>>
>>101343857
>Nooby McTarget
KEK
>>
>>101343850
>Install non-free software
>It works for the software vendor instead of you
How do you still not understand this?
>>
Just formar your PC from a new hard drive ordered from amazon and not a third party enable F2A, and you will be good to go.
>>
SAAR run Wangblows Registry CC CleanER Tool SAAR download.cnet.com REDEEM your OS and remove virus with McAffee
>>
File: 832954893613239258.jpg (17 KB, 250x250)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Be sure to reset all your passwords and anything else you had saved on your browser. Hell, reinstalling your OS will probably be good too. Sorry this happened OP.
>>
>>101343850
All of this could've been avoided with an antivirus, but /g/ bugchasers only know common sense. Well common sense actually means using an antivirus, even if it's Windows Defender kept up to date if you're on Windows.
>>
>>101344595
I have a similar situation as op not as retarded my lil brother downloader some shady emulators
>>
>>101343850
>How the fuck did this happen
Your two brain cells not firing on all cylinders is what happened.
>>
>>101343850
>job as a mod on indeed

Get tested for retardation
>>
>>101346542
no need to. the result is positive
>>
>>101343850
Report the game to Steam as malware.
>>
>>101345389
Holy fucking shit just don't be retarded.
>>
>>101343850
Fun fact, if you fall for a scam once then the scammers will put all your details into a file called something like "retards.txt" and sell it around because, as the adage goes, "fool me once, man that sucks but i think im going to get a big windfall once this fake investment app pays out"
>>
>>101347833
Sir, this is 4chan, you're asking for way too much.
>>
>>101347971
Imagine losing your 500k crypto wallet because someone sold your wallet as "4channersperg.txt"
>>
I'd only ever launch nonfree software on Linux desu, steam included. flatpak steam is basically the bare minimum and I'm impressed that Windows still doesn't have a working solution that's similar at this point. Windows supposedly wants to stabilize its syscall layer so they can have their gay container shit like Linux. At this point, I'd argue Windows is basically just ripping off Linux, which is hilarious and ironic.
>>
Also shame on Valve for not removing this garbage if it really is malware.
>>
>>101345389
Based on what? Microsoft Defender is an AV and is baked in.
>>
>>101347971
>>101348283
Don't be silly.
They use .csv
>>
>>101346542
I meant the job was posted on indeed , and also on telegram on a remote jobs channel. Yeah I was stupid:/
>>101348283
Luckily for me I only had my 6 dollar crypto in there lmao installed and the sp on paper

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.