[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

most music is corny as hell, you have to be a vapid lukewarm IQ normie and be in the right mood to enjoy it
to produce music professionally you need connections within the industry to make decent songs with good singers and the distribution channels and fanbase to reach millions of people
especially some of the stuff that young people listen to is so ridiculous that the producer would have had to be a teenager, early 20s or a retarded late 20s year old, if you're older than that then you have no chance to make it as a producer
>>
scooby dooby doo
>>
>>101350288
> low iq retard that can't make any music at all seething on a basket weaving forum about his own failed existence
it really doesn't get any more pathetic than this. will you be livestreaming your suicide any time today?
>>
Is there any decent music learning software out there? Seems like the market has moved over to youtube tutorials and crappy subscription models. Something I can play a midi keyboard into, other than synthesia.
>>
File: 1690915916153233.jpg (88 KB, 873x1024)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
schizo doomer edition
lmao
>>
>>101351053
>>101351173
cope
>>
File: Untitled.png (75 KB, 798x657)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
there are manchildren ITT who are obsessed with making reese/neuro bass
it's fucking bullshit garbage music that no one listens to in 2024
it's a circlejerk among wannabe producers
>>
File: 2010.jpg (27 KB, 236x200)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>101350288
>brokefag friend keeps telling me to try reaper claiming it's better than pro tools
>>
>>101351658
Just tell him to pirate a real DAW.
>>
>>101351658
the last thing you want to do is be attached to avid in current year. if you are not generating revenue, it doesn't matter
>>
>>101351693
>pirate software
>they implement DRM to prevent pirating
>get mad at software for using DRM
No thanks, I'll buy the products I use instead of stealing them.
>>
>>101351712
Literally all of these dogshit products have DRM now. You have fun paying for a third world experience where your music making today depends on some 20 year old server running in some guy's basement sending back the "yeah he's good" message.

I'll pirate the cracked version for free and never have to worry about it just not working one day.
>>
>the schizo that is against making a proper OP
>the tard that keeps talking about how neuro producers aren't avicii
>the freeware shill that starts seething the moment anyone mentions anything that isn't free
>the faggot that asks beginner questions and replies aggressively to anyone that replies to his shit questions
>>
>>101351879
all of those are 1-2 people

can't believe the thread's over already
>>
there's a disproportionate amount of talentless dunning-krugers who want to make music because they think it's easy or whatever. they don't see the 100+ thousand songs that are released every day that they have to compete with, worse than the steam early access shovelware ever was for indie game dev
>>
Can somebody explain what distinguishes a "barberpole" phaser both technically and in use?

Not an unserious question to bump the thread, I just realized i've never thought about it before and it's probably relevant to what i'm doing right now,,,
>>
>>101351658
I'm not gonna shit on Pro Tools or anything, but REAPER is based. I prefer it to every other DAW I've used and would pay $$$ for it even if the rest were free. That being said, I'd have never gotten the hang of it without some direction from an anon on /prod/. I hated it for about two weeks before I finally got it set up the way I wanted, but now I can't go back. That DAW and its third-party extensions just keep getting better all the time.
>>
>>101352087
It's fine for people to make music as a hobby with whatever degree of quality they can negotiate between their own skill level and personal taste
The toxic part is the gold rush mentality where people who don't give a shit about something treat it as a get-rich-quick scheme
Unfortunately, the worse the job market gets, the more you'll see this in literally every field
>>
>>101352087
I am 10 years deep I think it's about to happen finally I get to hustle with the fundies
>>
>>101355508
How are you so optimistic if you don't have the fundamentals down after 10 years? Post a track pls.
>>
>>101351658
Pro Tools look like ass, that's all I know.
>>
>>101351095
I don't know. I stopped searching, I'm making my own.
>>
>>101357872
Stop bumping the thread at page 10.
Let it die so we can start afresh with a proper one that's not doomed from the start.
>>
Ik that's bait but:

>competent musician
>artistry
>"business" savvy

Completely different skills.
Cultural awareness/communication skills (i.e are you actually *connecting* emotionally with those skills) is another meta aspect intrinsically tied to all of those... Well not the first one as much but still.
I have that textbook laying around somewhere... it wasn't mass communication (a separate class i took) but something like that... more to do with culture, use of language and how messages are given/received and how they're interpreted etc.
Wasted credit, time well spent though.

Operator kinda underrated for pads low key.... like not my favorite but it's kinda doing this sound really well...

>>101358002
nta but we're doomed with that dude either way it's all the same homie who tf gauges a thread by the first few posts and not the most recent ones lmao
>>
>>101358019
Threads like this are always fucked. People don't even get in and the ratio between the trolls and the regular posters is much worse than usual.
We had one the other day and it stayed up for half a day before dying without a single post that wasn't about the thread itself.
>>
>>101358002
>>101358346
ah mb still a newfag

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.