[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • You may highlight syntax and preserve whitespace by using [code] tags.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1717640898464327.png (231 KB, 1000x900)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
>decide to learn python
>ooohhh free jewtube tutorials
>watch and follow along
>4 hours of the basics + exercises, finished in a day
>go to sleep
>wake up
>retained nothing

wtf?
>>
>>101436287
>mindlessly watch content
>cram as much of it in as you can all at once
>take zero notes
>apply nothing that you learned
>write no actual code
no one ever taught you how to study, huh...
>>
>>101436287
>expects to retain 100% of a thing you saw the first time
Now I know why some people can't learn languages...
>>
>>101436287
your skin color is probably like that pepe
>>
>>101436287
If you want to learn computer science through youtube you should watch Harvard CS50x.
You can't watch it without practicing and expect to learn.
After every lecture, take what you've learned and write something new based on it.
The CS50 problem sets are fairly easy if you followed the lectures.
Only use chat bots and search engines to ask questions about something you've already written with your own hands.
If this sounds too hard, give up now and do something else.
Otherwise, you'll end up in "tutorial hell" where you're just consuming content to feel productive.
>>
You need to practice what you're learning again and again to retain it.
>>
>>101436435
Quick look at it starts with C. Is that mandatory or can I skip it?
>>
>>101436818
Don't fucking skip the C part you zoomer cunt.
>>
>>101436287
Try to make something interesting to you with it and draw upon as much of the stuff you learned as you go. Frame it as fun if possible and try again until you "get it"
>>
File: pycharm.jpg (56 KB, 1386x666)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Is pycharm worth it?
>>
Oh, that peppy looks like he's ready to charge his lazor, lol!
>>
>>101436287
Is it possible to make a feasible emulator of such coonslows as Sega Saturn, Basedny PSOne, PS 2, or Sega Dreamcast, on such braindead-failsafe lead-by-the-hand languages as Python and Ruby? Will this be much easier or harder than, say, writing that on C++ or C#?
>>
>>101438669
Dude it's going to be harder to do literal systems programming with a none systems language.
>>
>>101436287
Don't mind complex things, just Ignore it until you really need it.
You can make shit_functionality up with variables and functions and copy-paste of library, without class or other abstract things.
It's okay and it works because Python is great and the community it huge.
>>
>>101436287
Why the fuck do you want to learn python basics when LLMs can already write them for you?
>>
>>101438669
start with the GB. it's already a big challenge
>>
>>101436818
Literally never gonna make is lmao
>>
Why is it so common for retards, shitskins and other third worlders to use video tutorials? Not even joking, this genuinely confuses me.

Recently I was trying to help my friend learn OpenCV, I sent him a link to the Python documentation on their website which contains some really good tutorials. The next day he told me he tried learning by watching some YouTube videos but gave up after a few hours.

Obviously you are not going to learn anything from a fucking YouTube video tutorial. Partly because anyone who knows what their doing would choose to teach in literally any other format (textbook, documentation or text-baed tutorials). The only reason people make YouTube tutorials is because it gives you a built-in audience and monetisation. People aren't making these tutorials out of love of teaching, they are doing it to make money. That means the tutorials are made by retards and designed to appeal to other retards.

If you are serious about learning anything, download a fucking textbook. Failing that, read the documentation on the website. Or at least find someone who cared enough and is competent enough to set up his own website for the tutorials.
>>
>>101441321
documentation is confusing as fuck to the absolute beginner
>>
>>101436435
>If this sounds too hard, give up now and do something else.
it's still crazy seeing everyone switch up from the attitude of "everyone can learn2code, it's real simple" to "some people can do it, others will never succeed and they should find something else". What should that something else be when software and shit is eating up the world, and computer autists are the ones deciding everything, even stuff outside of their domain?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.