[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721715299285501.jpg (40 KB, 399x462)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>15 applied past two days
>No replies, no letters, nothing

Fuck my stupid unemployed life, I'm never getting off neetbux
>>
>>101532100
make sure your resume mentions that you're trans at least six times
>>
>>101532128
Good morning kind sars! Personal details are to be omitted in any resume you don't want to end up in a trash bin.
>>
>>101532135
I guess it depends
I assume any resume without personality is machine written and I bin those automatically
>>
>>101532152
Personality is to be found out in the following interview rounds. Also you aren't getting any bonus points for being trans, I don't know where you got the idea
>>
18 now, is ATS raping me maybe
>>
>>101532128
this unironically got me a job
>>
>>101532100
>>101532529
It took me six months and over 500 applications. Those 500 applications yielded about six interested companies, of which only two took me beyond the second round of interviews. I asked each interviewer how many other candidates they had to go through, and each of them said there were hundred and hundreds of applicants.
I know first hand how discouraging it can be, and I urge you not to give up. I'm still getting automatic rejection replies from applications I put in months ago so it's quite possible that your resume hasn't even been seen by the people in charge yet. Good luck, anon.
>>
>>101533283
Cap
>>
>>101534547
>hundred and hundreds of applicants
wtf is wrong with this job market lmao
>>
Neetbux
>>
>>101532100
Typically a company won't respond until a week or two later. probably the hiring manager hasn't even seen the resumes yet
It can even be 2-3 months in some companies. Call down
>>
>>101535292
hr is mainly staffed by barely sentient cumsocks who don't want to do anything that could be construed as 'working.' so they let the listings rot until it reaches 500 or so applicants, hoping that all the qualified ones will lose interest or be picked up elsewhere so they won't have to take time away from online shopping to actually do an interview. as a bonus, execs love when they hear that the cumsock department 'couldn't find anyone to fill the position' because that means they can just import more jeets
>>
>>101535544
Some of them have "typically responds within a day" thing though
>>
>>101532100
can you show us a redacted version of your resume that removes your personal details? A lot of people complain about not being able to find a job but never show their resume to anyone before submitting job applications with it, without getting any feedback on if it's any good or not. On a similar note, how long is your resume? It shouldn't be any longer than one page, just the front because the person reading it isn't technically inclined and doesn't really give a shit about all your accomplishments, just your job experience and your certifications/degrees (maybe a couple GitHub repos if it's a programming job you're after), plus some contact information. Also, have you had a job before this? If you haven't, consider getting a job in retail or something for a while (maybe like six months or so, and quit on good terms so you can use them as a recommendation) because HR people will be looking to see if you have any sort of workplace experience before even considering allowing you into the building.
>>
>>101535805
>HR
>people
choose one
>>
>>101535805
Recruiters don't read resumes
>>
File: Please Put This On.jpg (154 KB, 1280x720)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>101532100
Instead of being a wagie, put on a maid outfit and do some advanced Mathematics and Computer Science research.
>>
>>101532100
Let me guess the media in your country is endlessly talking about a lack of skilled worker shortage or some shit? They do it here in Germany all the fucking time and i send close to 100 applications so far over the past years. I got some invitations to interviews and got nothing but good reactions but so far no luck with an actual job. I get the feeling this shortage of skilled workers is fake news.
>>
>>101538347
You're unskilled.
>>
>>101538372
I spend a good amount of time getting certified in my field and i have a nice diploma.
>>
>>101538347
>over the past years
Wew, I aim to do 100 applications every month.
I'm Canadian, we're swarmed by jeets
>>
>>101535805
Having experience in retail won't prove anything other than your lack of self respect, although I guess that's a quality hr hires for now
>>
>>101540236
They're looking for workplace experience so they know you're trustworthy enough to be let onto the premises and not try to Jamal a printer or something.
>>
>>101540385
The fuck am I supposed to do if my previous experience has been remote shit and freelance?
>>
There's literally no jobs
>>
>>101532100
real
>>
>>101535654
yeah that sucks, they never reply

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.