[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pepebeutay.png (49 KB, 512x512)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
I could make so many cool projects :)
>>
>>101535865
like what?
>>
>>101535892
Non-unix like operating system.
>>
File: pepebeutay.png (1.99 MB, 1440x2048)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
I wish I was motivated enough to program
I could make so many cool projects :)
>>
>>101537644
Sorry, I fell asleep halfway through your incredibly boring sentence. What were you saying?
>>
You don't need to be that smart. I barely passed college algebra.
>>
>>101537691
this OP, if you are smart enough to type this post then you have the ability to do it, but you just don't feel like doing it enough.
>>
>>101535865
>>101537644
start by googling this: "c programming language ext:pdf"
and then read this: https://wiki.osdev.org/Tutorials
>>
> have idea for some cool software to build in my spare time
> “it’s not gonna be like all my other projects, imma do it right this time”
> write out ideas, make some flowcharts and mock ups
> start coding
> this is taking longer then expected
> urg, just realised the way I was going to implement this core feature isn’t going to work how I wanted
> the language I’m using doesn’t implement this convenient syntactic sugar or library I’ve grown used to, spend many hours creating and debugging an inferior, half baked version instead of working on the thing I wanted to make
> hmm.. im actually not sure the best way to write this other feature, didn’t really think it through, need to spend a bunch of time looking at code of programs with similar things
> realise I need to change some stuff in a fundamental data structure, now I need to refactor my code in a hundred places
> this is a huge pain in the arse, motivation fading
> stumble on a github repo of the almost exact thing I’m trying to build but better in every conceivable way
> give up

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.