[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: rfftmzctfbewb2l48jkm.png (295 KB, 1280x960)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
cloud or dedicated server?
god I want to build tiny websites.. a lot of them, but
>dedicated servers are expensive as fuck
>clouds are cheap but in case if the app scale it might ruin your wallet

i can't decide.
>>
>>101538414
Chances are that you can run your entire operation out of a $5/month VPS on some rando host. Sudden crushing success is the exception, not the rule.
>>
>>101538414
Dedicated server is idiotic for websites. I've hosted a website with over 100,000 members on a VPS for years now.
>>
>>101538414
Code more efficiently, then you can run thousands on one vCPU.
>>
>>101538414
>I want to build tiny websites
for doing what idiot
>>
>>101538445
you stupid?
i need server for backend, a database and upload storage how I can have that for 5$ you faggot who never created anything
>>
>>101538620
ESL.
99% of shared hosts offer this.

VPS will be around $90 p/m, and dedicated server like 150+.
>>
>>101538620
>how I can have that for 5$ you faggot who never created anything
I've been building web applications longer than you've been alive, child. Go look at Linode and Digital Ocean, two of the major VPS providers. Their smallest plans are more than adequate to host "tiny websites .. a lot of them".
>>
>>101538414
You don't need a dedicated server, just rent a virtual server. You pay a flat fee ($5 plus tax plus tip) each month.
>>101538620
Never gonna make it.
>>
>>101538878
>PS providers. Their smallest plans are more than adequate to host "tiny websites .. a lot of them".
ahahah, their smallest vps barely can run postgres
>>
>>101538620
this is the average /g/ user now. tried to sound smart and made yourself look like the retard you are
>>
>>101539066
>postgres
Why would you on some tiny website? Use SQLite.

Fucking webshitter's idea of a small website needs 64 cores and a TB of memory for a single user.
>>
>>101539066
I run MySQL on it, and it works. I know it needs fewer resources than Postgres, I don't know by how much.
>>
Hetzner, OVH or ghetto shit like racknerd from LED. All cloud is a scam.
>>
>>101538414
I agree. I feel like a stupid šœy for falling for this meme. I asked on Reddit and they were mad.
>>
OP is a faggot, he's not getting any (You)s from me.

To anyone who might find this thread, know that you really don't need much to host a website, even when serving hundreds of thousands of requests.

https://thmsmlr.com/cheap-infra

Unless you're a webshitter running needlessly complex shit, or paying for overpriced kikery like AWS, you don't need a lot of money to run a large website. No, your website won't be the next Google, don't delude yourself.
>>
As soon as you need resources beyond what's in a typical $5/month VPS you've already made it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.