[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: macbook-manual.png (182 KB, 1209x600)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
Anyone here managed to make the jump to macs after a lifetime of linux and windows? I'm already an iOStoddler and curious about the ecosystem benefits meme but the mac just seems kinda ass.
Command key is like a confused combination of ctrl+super, but you have to strain your thumb to reach it. And if you remap caps lock as command now you can't remap ctrl to caps lock, so you need to strain your pinky to reach ctrl to e.g. change browser tabs or use terminal control commands.

How long did it take you to get used to this peice of shit? Are you still using a mouse or were you forced to move to touchpads?
>>
keyboard is the best there is, command is placed in a good place
sent from my Mac
>>
>>101540008
also
>caps lock as command
???
there is a button above the right shift you fucking nigger
>>
>>101540008
do the needful street shitter
>>
File: 1704592760290411.jpg (6 KB, 259x194)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
there is no equivalent to macbooks

macbooks have:
>soldered SSD/RAM/WLAN
doesnt exist on 99% of PCs
>when pajeetOS runs out of RAM it swapfile rapes the SSD to death within 3 years
>when the SSD dies it bricks your entire currybook because the EFI is stored on the soldered SSD to save $0.05 on a dedicated chip
>riveted keyboard that requires total destruction of the chassis to replace
>serial numbered battery that prevents boot if you replace it yourself
>screens so fucking shit they have over 90ms response times (essentially 10Hz)
>flexgate cables that are so brittle they crack from opening your screen past 90 degrees more than 2 dozen times
>screen made from pajeet trash glass that cracks from temperature change in seasons or tape over the iBotnet webcam
>so fire and explosion prone the FAA have banned them from all flights
>uses phone CPU that's so shit it gets destroyed by half decade old i3s from 2017 and can only "compete" by cheating at benchmarks in extreme edge cases with hardware accelerators
>curryniggers at apploo get so full of sniffing their own currynigger silicon shit they ship currybooks with no fans and they run so hot they melt the keyboard keys
>keyboards with 63.5% failure rate
unheard of on PCs, and yet you curryniggers defend it with "jus werx fer me!"
just because you're in the 36.5% survivor group doesn't make your currynigger trash any good
this list goes on forever

imagine you buy a car and if one tire gets a flat the entire car is trashed, that's a currybook
theres no PC laptop as total fucking currynigger shit as crapple's streetshitterbooks
they are one of the biggest heaps of steaming currynigger shit in the history of computing second only to curryPhones
>>
>>101539967
took me a couple months. having to work in VMs doesn't help because linux and windows can't seem to agree on what modifier key does what
also having to tuck your thumb under your palm to press the modifier keys is so wildly uncomfortable I have no idea why it was designed like that. I'm not a piano player
>>
>above the right shift
you mean enter? or wat
>>
mac keyboard is shit
>>
>>101540054
>90ms response times (essentially 10Hz)
tell me you don't have an argument without telling me you don't have an argument
>>
>>101539967
>Are you still using a mouse or were you forced to move to touchpads?
Mouse/touchpad use is OK I guess, when it falls apart is with keyboard window management
>>
>>101539967
I just swapped the mappings of control and command. Control is in the exact spot a ctrl key is supposed to be and most people almost never have cause to press it so there's no harm in remapping it to command
>>
>>101539967
>pic
you can disable touchpad easily dumbfuck
>>
Hard to adjust coming from windows

also how the hell do you remove the drop delay after dragging???
>>
>>101541061
and then change cmd+number browser tab selection to ctrl+number to make it streamlined with ctrl+tab. suppose one could get used to it
>>
>>101541107
the pic is about using modifier keys not trackpads
>>
>>101539967
I want a thinkpad with only the clit and no trackpad at all.
>>
>>101540054
I love this pasta.
>>
>>101542710
X201 with a trackpad-less x200 bezel is as good as you're going to get.
>>
>>101542844
Or just remove it and 3d print the part

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.