[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GKmuLaiXMAAYJe8.jpg_large.jpg (185 KB, 1440x1868)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
Should I start learning JavaScript to get IT job in some office where I'll be fixing printers, Installing PDF readers, doing nothing for 5 hours straight, and occasionally code an app? This thread was written by fag who is currently unemployed btw.
>>
>>101540263
>Shloud i start learning Javascript?
it looks good on a resume
>>
Bumoing this coal thread
>>
>>101540290
>bumo
>coal
you teens are a box wrapped in mystery buried in a whole heap of empty snickers and hot pockets packagings
>>
>>101540315
>>101540289
Shloud i learn it or fucking kill myself with a knife already
>>
>>101540344
yeah
programming is a force multiplier.

you dont need to work in IT to profit from programming.
simple example:
we have a business idea with a fren of mine.
a fast food joint.
we invented a kickass recipe which is very cheap to produce, but work intensive.
theres tons of money, but it all will be eaten up by the eternal wagie menace.
except... i know programming.
so we will automate pretty everything except handing the food and counting the money.
because i know programming this is gonna costs some time + maybe a thousand for the tooling and the materials.
if i didnt, i dont even know whom i would have to ask, and the quote would be several orders of magnitudes bigger
>>
>>101540263
Start learning C++ instead
>>
>>101540462
stupid idea.
c++ is for advanced programmers.
for the same reason you start learning maths by doing additions, not calculus
>>
>>101540462
even tho JS wont be the best for a first language either.
>>101540263
if its your first language OP, start with C.
you dont need more than 8 weeks to learn -ish C enough to understand and have played with the basics of programming to then go on to more complex languages.
like C++. or JS
>>
>>101540455
Yeah, But which tutorials shloud i follow to learn it as a autistic retard
>>
I got a tech job running an entire SaaS platform for a multinational corporation. Its pretty much just one department using it, but technically it has 10,000 users and was previously ran by non-tech people. Provider nuked a portion of our data recently (It doesn't show up in the UI anymore) so I wrote some python scripts to dump the missing data using the API where it still showed. Provider is just stalling on the support ticket refusing to explain what the fuck happened.

Everyone looks at me like I'm some tech god now. This situation is possible because the department is kind of an influential one so they get to say fuck you to IT who only tangentially run our shit.
>>
>>101540530
Its my first programming languange, I want to get into programming soo i can make some average money in some light IT instead of working in fast food shithole
>>
>>101540599
if thats your goal learn python
JS is just shitty glue, I mean sure theres node but its not a real fucking language. Don't ever fall for the "just learn C/C++" posts those are trolls
>>
>>101540569
>>101540599

if youre actually autistic then read books.
sicp, the classical C book, this kind of things

if youre just retarded, first, dw, the brain is a muscle.
then you wanna do dis if you start with C
https://github.com/pasqualerossi/42-School-Guide?tab=readme-ov-file

and you might wanna do dis otherwise:
https://www.youtube.com/@thenewboston

if you wanna learn some maths and shiet
you might wanna do dis:
https://www.edx.org/

>>101540599
>job in IT
cant help you with that.
i code since i was a kid actually.
writing basic into my old ass atari i got as "inheritance" from a cousin (she wasnt using it anymore)
but i dropped out in high school, and made a career in construction.
still, i made some money with my code.
thats how i trade with cryptostonks bc i cant be arsed to do all the computations by hand
>>
>>101540698
>i cant be arsed to do all the computations by hand
now that i gave it a slight thunk-
that would be actually impossible given the amount of computation that goes into a stat analysis
i literally couldnt do what i did without the help of programming
>>
File: s42-class.jpg (165 KB, 1000x665)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>101540693
>"just learn C/C++" posts those are trolls
s42 makes you start with C then do C++ with some light networking in between,
before they drop you into js and let you figure it out.

they are financed by the bigwigs of the industry.
heres how an s42 class looks like.
theres a couple millies in hardware alone (for each school. its a global initiative)
>>
>>101540804
(appo not bc its dope but bc appo is one of the investors of s42. and s42 gave it a nod bc its still unix, and if you can work on the hardest machine to deal with (fagOS), you can work on the easier ones (wintrash, loonix))
(+ incentive to buy appo, and to be sure pretty elite angineers are all familiar with macos from the get go)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.