[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cover10.jpg (304 KB, 1600x900)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>UN Cybercrime Draft Convention Dangerously Expands State Surveillance Powers Without Robust Privacy, Data Protection Safeguards

>As we near the final negotiating session for the proposed UN Cybercrime Treaty, countries are running out of time to make much-needed improvements to the text. From July 29 to August 9, delegates in New York aim to finalize a convention that could drastically reshape global surveillance laws. The current draft favors extensive surveillance, establishes weak privacy safeguards, and defers most protections against surveillance to national laws—creating a dangerous avenue that could be exploited by countries with varying levels of human rights protections.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2024/07/un-cybercrime-draft-convention-dangerously-expands-state-surveillance-powers
>>
I don't even care anymore
Normies deserve their fate
>>
File: IMG_1765.png (140 KB, 320x320)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>101544390
Unironically they deserve to eat ze bugs and live in the pod. I just wish I didn’t waste so much of my life trying to prevent it.
>>
>>101544358
Is this some kind of psyop? All western governments already do extensive monitoring and data collection on their own people and store everything permanently in databases.
Are they pushing this angle that this behavior could somehow get worse in order to imply that we have some privacy left to lose, that the current system isn't already extensively corrupt and worth fighting for?
>>
>>101544390
>>101544435
>>101544704
You're all demoralized faggots, but I'm obliged to agree
>Are they pushing this angle that this behavior could somehow get worse
Never underestimate how much worse it can get

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.