[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: titan.jpg (80 KB, 1080x608)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Is this going to become a collector's item? It stands as the most powerful non-RTX NVIDIA consumer GPU. It's like the Voodoo 5 6000 of our time.

What will be a good time to invest in these before the price inevitably skyrockets?
>>
Probably, but it's too obscure? The card that will be remembered is the 1080 and 1080 ti, 1070 as well.

Reasons I think they will be valuable: Supports windows 7
Runs cool as fuck/energy efficient
Easy free vGPU feature unlocking

I think the 900-series also will be valuable in the future; as far as I remember it was the last series of Nvidia GPUs that got drivers for Windows XP.

So as it currently stands pascal cards will definitely be immortalized, but maybe less so in the future once vGPU unlocking might be a thing on newer gen cards.

The gap between Windows XP and Windows 10 signifies two different eras of Windows computing, but realistically speaking Windows 7 is in an awkward position between the two. Therefore I think the 900-series GPUs should also be considered if you want to stockpile future immortal GPUs.

Sorry for schizoposting, and thank you for remembering me that titan XP exists, I will ad it to my notifications.
>>
>>101548144
Why are JewTubers advertising the Titan Xp now?
>>
titan x is a better collectors item because it works on 2000 and xp with modded drivers
>>
>>101548144
There's nothing unique about it. Voodoo 5 6000 was the final product from the company that truly started the 3d accelerated gaymen scene.
>>
File: kitty.jpg (7 KB, 203x248)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>101548144
why did you have to mention the Voodoo?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.