[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1699141578115804.png (7 KB, 300x300)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
I took the WhatsApp pill and damn it feels good. In my friend group we had one idiot that didn't want to use Signal, so we had to all use WhatsApp again after 4 years. And it just feel so good. Not giving a shit about botnet, spying and blending in. Giving in to the abyss...
>>
Isn't it end to end encrypted?
>>
>>101551206
It's spyware, but yes it's "e2ee" closed source kek
>>
>>101551197
My Indian driver who brings me to work (I'm disabled) convinced me to install WhatsApp so he could contact me easier and now he sends me videos of Dubai and Christian videos about deer.
>>
>>101551206
Only because it's built on top of the signal protocol, it's basically signal if signal was spyware
>>
because 1 friend?
>>
Real talk, since metadata isn't hidden from Signal, isn't it strictly worse from a security standpoint that Session?
>>
>>101551197
the only thing I hate about whatsapp is how it handles contacts. I don't wanna import them all into whatsapp, but it does it anyways. telegram has an option to remove all contacts.
>>
It divides your friendships by not allowing screenshots of profile pictures anymore. I have friends who post cool profile pictures, of their weddings etc. And I would like to remember my friends.

"In the name of privacy" this was now forbidden.

To find out who rules over you, find out who you are not allowed to critizice. Critizice WhatsApp and watch the outcry. This thread is part of it. If it was any good, it didn't need this ad.
>>
>>101553653
you fool no one, pajeet scammer.
this change only makes it harder for you to impersonate other people since you can't steal their profile photo that easily anymore.

meanwhile i can still ask my friends for any photos.
>>
>>101553828
I never said that I cannot take any screenshots, I said WhatsApp has blocked it. I am not a scammer, stop being so schizoid.
>>
>>101551303
>it's basically signal if signal was signal
>>
>>101553759
>>
>>101551197
Sorry but I'm not a fan of neo-feudalism.
>>
>>101551197
Self hosted private IRC forever.
>>
>>101551197
they seem to have integrated actual spyware recently: >>101553220
>>
>>101553828
>open WhatsApp web app
>save image

Or less retardedly

>tap on pfp from main screen
>screenshot from thv28wrhere
>>
>>101552530
of course it is, session is a privacy focused signal fork after all but it's also much less user friendly and misses some features you'd expect from a modern messenger.
>>
Sirs...
>>
>>101551303
>he doesn't know
>>
>getting cucked by one friend
lmao pussy
>>
>>101551197
I don't need WhatsApp. my girlfriend, my besties use Telegram and my family Signal
>>
>>101551206
I once found a website the laid out all of the data that WhatsApp claims a right to in the terms of service. They do claim that they can’t read your messages but every bit of information surrounding the message they harvest.
Things like sender, location of sender, time of day, size of message in bytes and then this info for the receiver as well. There was more that I know I’m forgetting.
Also, by default WhatsApp wants to backup its database of messages to either your Google drive or iCloud. Everything is unencrypted before being uploaded. This is how most law enforcement agencies get a hold of WhatsApp messages. If you turn this feature off, WhatsApp will ask you to turn it on every once in a a while.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.