[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pic.png (633 KB, 1920x1080)
633 KB
633 KB PNG
>submit code for review
>time for a Communist struggle session about whitespace
>>
>>101552242
+1
>>
>>101552242
>THERE! ARE! FOUR! SPACES!
Correct.

Anon, your project should have coding standards and automation to tell you when something is in violation of them. You should not need to engage other human beings to correct the problem, unless the problem is that they aren't using four spaces to indent.
>>
>chode review
humiliation ritual nobody writes anything worth a shit it’s just what they deem best and it’s a social pyramid on who gets to be the top judge
>>
>>101552683
This is only true in substandard organizations. If your devs are not autistic enough to disregard hierarchical norms, you are in the wrong place.
>>
Society would be better if people started murdering each other more often.
>>
File: tech.jpg (318 KB, 1200x800)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>101552652
I refuse to work anywhere that uses spaces for indentation. Sub human filth.
>>
>>101552908
Tabs lead inevitably to edge cases where you need partial or imprecise indenting, necessitating spaces. You'd may as well just use spaces to begin with.
>>
>>101552242
If you haven't automated your formatting, your team has bigger problems than whatever this thread is about.
>>
>>101553573
Just fucking SCROLL TO THE RIGHT
>>
>>101552242
Any language that cares about spaces is for autistic toddlers.
>>
>>101552242
thankfully we don't have such retards at my workplace, if it looks decent and there is not stupid shit like hardcoding credentials, then it's alright
>>
>>101552752
I mean they're doing that already, just wait till the US election, you'll see the biggest civil war in history. mark my words. It's gonna be worse than 1860
>>
>>101554222
No
Why should I have to work harder because you are doing it wrong?
>>
>>101552242
Talk to his manager about time theft for wasting the company's time.
>>
>>101554258
Don't get my hopes up
They need to fall off the global stage
so Britannia can rule the waves once more
we shall recapture the colonies, ban coffee, and force them all to drink tea
it will be glorious
>>
>>101552242
Skill issue, everyone automatically approves my PRs. Meanwhile I leave my PR reviews open for months, sometimes years if I feel like it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.